IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

4 hours ago, Luke said:

[The Vampire's Revenge +3, SW1H19.itm]

I suggest replacing that -1 HP every 2 rounds (SW1H19.eff) with something else (1 magic damage every 2 rounds?) It seems that when the wielder reaches 0 hit points, he/she is not killed (the character portrait greys out, the Inventory Screen is no longer accessible but you can continue moving as nothing happened.....)

Hm, that's really not ideal, since changing it to the actual damage opcode would mean spellcasting interruptions and message log spam, and would just generally be really annoying with your character yelping out and flinching every 2 rounds, haha.

I wonder if you can make regeneration heal a negative amount...

12 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC Sorry to keep pestering you about this, but I'm trying to troubleshoot to figure out exactly what happened. I installed the latest version of BG1:EE. This is the bottom of the item list for the Candlekeep Inn in an umodded version of BG1:EE 2.5:

I don't mind at all. It feels like I'm the one pestering you. I still have the install but I'm not sure how to find the information that you want. Just let me know if you need anything else.

Candle Keep Inn Shields on a BGEE unmodded game:

CB30b22.png

EET Shields on my current modded game:

6JbwIYX.png

How the shields actually look ingame on both BGEE (Unmodded) and EET:

HIlC4Qp.png

WeiDU logs for my EET install:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/206930057040625664/564980749057392650/WeiDU-BGEE.log

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/206930057040625664/564980784671358976/WeiDU.log

If you need help with something else let me know.

Ah, I didn't realize EET did that. This explains the confusion. Thanks! I'll have to find some time play around with different configurations between BG1:EE and BG2:EE and EET to figure out exactly how I want to handle the differences in shields between them.

Edited by Bartimaeus
16 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I wonder if you can make regeneration heal a negative amount...

Yes, you can. Just tested the following setup (opcode = 98, target = 1, param1 = "-1", param2 = 2, timing = 2).

The problem is that the issue is not solved (i.e., the character portrait turns grey but you can still issue your orders as nothing happened....)

Guess some alternative penalty/malus is needed.......

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Ah, I didn't realize EET did that. This explains the confusion. Thanks! I'll have to find some time play around with different configurations between BG1:EE and BG2:EE and EET to figure out exactly how I want to handle the differences in shields between them.

It might be another mod and not EET but I have been playing EET for a year now and they have always looked like this. Thanks for working on it.

BTW didn't you say you fixed the double whistling sword bug for 1.2.5? I think I'm using the first 1.2.5 version you put out and I still got two swords last night. I might make a new install to make sure and I'll let you know.

11.Testing splitting Potion of Energy Shielding into two different potions - Potion of Energy Protection (the +50% bonus to energy resistance to 1 turn potion, replaces Potion of Magic Dispelling) and Potion of Energy Shielding (automatic saving throws for 1 turn). Also up for consideration is the Potion of Perception, which is kind of just a bad version of Potion of Sight, but I haven't had much of any ideas as to what to do with it yet.

maybe the price of both new potions shoud be lowered a little bit Imo

Ok I found some more bugs.

The scroll of Ray of Enfeeblement has the vanilla description but once you learn it it displays with the proper IRR description.

The Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise that you can get from Firewine Bridge say they boost thaco and damage for melee weapons by +2 each but only the thaco bonus gets applied.

I'm still getting 2 Whistling Swords from the hobgoblin. I'm sure I have the latest IRR version.

When I try to use Oil of Fiery Burning as an AoE potion instead my character drinks it and nothing happens.

If I make it to Baldur's Gate City I'll try to read all scrolls carefully to make sure they all match the spell description they should have.

Edited by NdranC

@NdranC

1. Ray of Enfeeblement isn't touched by IR - that would be an SR thing. And since SR definitely modifies Ray of Enfeeblement (unless for some reason the file name is different in Enhanced Edition games), you'd best off do a changelog to see what's reverting its description. It should be scrl6f.itm.

2. How are you determining that the extra damaged is not being added? As I recall, a couple of other people have claimed this about these gauntlets before, but it turns out whatever text they were reading for their extra damage was simply incorrect. Try testing out with doing actual fist damage or a club (as they're low damage variance weapons) - record the maximum amount of damage you do with your fists while these are equipped for like 10 hits against a companion, then without - if it's not actually any different, then I'll be surprised and look at it. But I tested it myself a moment ago, and I was doing 5-6 fist damage without, and it immediately went up to 7-8 with.

3. Really? I cannot imagine how that might be, since it's such a simple edit. Does Sendai in BG1 have two copies of Telbar's Armor +2? It's modified in much the same way, so I would expect it to have the same problem.

4. Sorry, what do you mean you "tried to use [it] as an AoE potion"? That's an option? Should be "drinkable" only. Changelog potn13.itm as well, since I just used this in-game myself and it immediately functioned correctly as per its description.

Edited by Bartimaeus
14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC

1. Ray of Enfeeblement isn't touched by IR - that would be an SR thing. And since SR definitely modifies Ray of Enfeeblement (unless for some reason the file name is different in Enhanced Edition games), you'd best off do a changelog to see what's reverting its description. It should be scrl6f.itm.

2. How are you determining that the extra damaged is not being added? As I recall, a couple of other people have claimed this about these gauntlets before, but it turns out whatever text they were reading for their extra damage was simply incorrect. Try testing out with doing actual fist damage or a club (as they're low damage variance weapons) - record the maximum amount of damage you do with your fists while these are equipped for like 10 hits against a companion, then without - if it's not actually any different, then I'll be surprised and look at it. But I tested it myself a moment ago, and I was doing 5-6 fist damage without, and it immediately went up to 7-8 with.

3. Really? I cannot imagine how that might be, since it's such a simple edit. Does Sendai in BG1 have two copies of Telbar's Armor +2? It's modified in much the same way, so I would expect it to have the same problem.

4. Sorry, what do you mean you "tried to use [it] as an AoE potion"? That's an option? Should be "drinkable" only. Changelog potn13.itm as well, since I just used this in-game myself and it immediately functioned correctly as per its description.

1. I'll edit this when I find out. Maybe after the next install.

2. I was just looking at the damage breakdown in the inventory screen. My thaco goes down but my damage doesn't change. It's weird because with the Gloves or Archery that do the same thing but for Missile Weapons it does reflect properly on the inventory screen. Regardless I did test it and you are right it does seem to work despite of what the inventory screen says. I had the same problem with the Luck Spell except that it doesn't reflect at all on my stats but after some testing I did see my Thaco change in the combat log. Is there anything that can be done to force all of these spell and items to properly update the inventory stats?

3. Sendai only drops one armor. The swords have a slightly different icon and one of the requires 4 strength while the other one requires 5.

4. I was confused because I didn't read the description. I assumed it worked like before where it was basically a fireball spell effect. It was changed by IR so my bad.

@NdranC

1. Alright.

2. Yeah, it's funky, because different damage-increasing opcodes will increase the displayed number, while others don't. Don't think there's much you can do about it besides petitioning the EE developers to patch the opcodes to display correctly, since some simply have different use cases that can't otherwise be replicated.

3. I'll take a *very* close look at it and get to the bottom of it when I next update for the shields thing. Sorry for the annoyance, not entirely sure why it's having trouble with such a simple thing.

4. Hah, yeah. Note that I'm not the one that made it into the fire damage weapon effect - that's normal IR stuff.

Hello, Bartimaeus!

On 4/6/2019 at 12:13 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Similarly to above, Cloak of Displacement's visual effect will only apply while in combat (but the stat bonuses will always apply regardless of whether you're in combat or not). Does anyone have any ideas for other items with permanent visual effects that might benefit from this treatment? Alternatively, does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Have not been very active around here the last months but I am glad to see there is constant improvements being made to our beloved game.

Let me just say I think the idea above is really good and, if it was not suggested somewhere else by someone else, I would like to see it apply to Stoneskin as well.

Keep up the excellent job!

Edited by Salk
On 4/10/2019 at 12:07 AM, NdranC said:

It might be another mod and not EET but I have been playing EET for a year now and they have always looked like this. Thanks for working on it.

BTW didn't you say you fixed the double whistling sword bug for 1.2.5? I think I'm using the first 1.2.5 version you put out and I still got two swords last night. I might make a new install to make sure and I'll let you know.

when it comes to shields BG2:EE comes with both BG1 and BG2 shield variants in vanilla game (BG:EE ones, those with "A" suffix, are just unused). BG:EE has all shields too, just with reversed suffix. In order to keep both BG1 and BG2 shields variants in EET, all BG1 resources during installation are patched to replace normal shields with "A" variants. So unmodded EET installation should have BG1 shields in BG:EE content and BG2 ones in BG2:EE. Here is a full list of swapped resources:

"SHLD01"    =>    "SHLD01A"
    "SHLD02"    =>    "SHLD02A"
    "SHLD03"    =>    "SHLD03A"
    "SHLD04"    =>    "SHLD04A"
    "SHLD05"    =>    "SHLD05A"
    "SHLD06"    =>    "SHLD06A"
    "SHLD07"    =>    "SHLD07A"
    "SHLD08"    =>    "SHLD08A"
    "SHLD09"    =>    "SHLD09A"
    "SHLD10"    =>    "SHLD10A"
    "SHLD11"    =>    "SHLD11A"
    "SHLD12"    =>    "SHLD12A"
    "SHLD13"    =>    "SHLD13A"
    "SHLD14"    =>    "SHLD14A"
    "SHLD15"    =>    "SHLD15A"
    "SHLD16"    =>    "SHLD16A"
    "SHLD17"    =>    "SHLD17A"
    "SHLD19"    =>    "SHLD19A"
    "SHLD28"    =>    "SHLD28A"
    "SHLD29"    =>    "SHLD29A"

"SHLD01A"    =>    "SHLD01"
    "SHLD02A"    =>    "SHLD02"
    "SHLD03A"    =>    "SHLD03"
    "SHLD04A"    =>    "SHLD04"
    "SHLD05A"    =>    "SHLD05"
    "SHLD06A"    =>    "SHLD06"
    "SHLD07A"    =>    "SHLD07"
    "SHLD08A"    =>    "SHLD08"
    "SHLD09A"    =>    "SHLD09"
    "SHLD10A"    =>    "SHLD10"
    "SHLD11A"    =>    "SHLD11"
    "SHLD12A"    =>    "SHLD12"
    "SHLD13A"    =>    "SHLD13"
    "SHLD14A"    =>    "SHLD14"
    "SHLD15A"    =>    "SHLD15"
    "SHLD16A"    =>    "SHLD16"
    "SHLD17A"    =>    "SHLD17"
    "SHLD19A"    =>    "SHLD19"
    "SHLD28A"    =>    "SHLD28"
    "SHLD29A"    =>    "SHLD29"

considering it's just a cosmetic thing I'm not expecting that other mods will follow suit, but yeah, if you want to use BG1 shields in BG2:EE, you need to refer to "A" variants (and other way around if you're modding BG:EE).

Edited by K4thos
2 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello, Bartimaeus!

Have not been very active around here the last months but I am glad to see there is constant improvements being made to our beloved game.

Let me just say I think the idea above is really good and, if it was not suggested somewhere else by someone else, I would like to see it apply to Stoneskin as well.

Keep up the excellent job!

Thanks.

I think Stoneskin's graphical effect is tied to the stoneskin opcode itself, unfortunately, and can only be removed with an exe patch/ToBEx, and once you do that, there's no opcode to actually bring it back (although maybe you could simulate it with a mass amount of color palette opcodes?). That would've been a good one to do, too.

@K4thos: Thanks for the table. I have been working on remedying this problem, but for various reasons, progress has been slow. But I'll get there eventually.

Edited by Bartimaeus