IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to change the icons (different color) between normal bullets and electric/fire/cold bullets? You can clearly tell with arrows at a glance but for some reason even though bullets +1 and +2 have a different color, the elemental ones look exactly the same as far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, NdranC said:

I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to change the icons (different color) between normal bullets and electric/fire/cold bullets? You can clearly tell with arrows at a glance but for some reason even though bullets +1 and +2 have a different color, the elemental ones look exactly the same as far as I can tell.

I thought perhaps the EEs added enchanted bullets I was not aware of, but I don't see any such thing. There are no electric/fire/cold bullets as far as I can see in BG2:EE.

37 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I thought perhaps the EEs added enchanted bullets I was not aware of, but I don't see any such thing. There are no electric/fire/cold bullets as far as I can see in BG2:EE.

Are they not in BG1? I though Thalantyr had them. I can try to check in a second.

EDIT: Just checked and they are there in vanilla BGEE

kcj7hsD.jpg

This is from my EET though but it's the same

Edited by NdranC

@NdranC So BG1EE has them, BG2EE doesn't (and obviously, nada for non-enhanced games). I don't even know why they would bother to add them if they're not going to even do a simple recolor, or bring them to BG2. At this time, neither IR or IRR even touch them in the main component (I didn't even know they existed until now...).

Edited by Bartimaeus
6 hours ago, Luke said:

@Bartimaeus

For each item that lets you polymorph into some creature (e.g., DVRAT, DVWERE and the like), you might want to disable the following buttons (via opcode #144): Stealth, Thieving, Turn undead, Bard song and Find traps.

Guess it makes sense...?

Too bad you can't *enable* buttons for certain transformations (e.g. it'd be cool to use the rat transformation to give any character stealth abilities). I don't want to wholesale disable every class ability like that for every case, but it is unfortunate that a fighter transformed into a rat would have no stealth abilities while a thief would.

Edited by Bartimaeus
5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Too bad you can't *enable* buttons for certain transformations (e.g. it'd be cool to use the rat transformation to give any character stealth abilities). I don't want to wholesale disable every class ability like that for every case, but it is unfortunate that a fighter transformed into a rat would have no stealth abilities while a thief would.

I might have forgotten that little I knew but I seem to remember what you wish might not be impossible.

Perhaps "ChangeClass" allows for the class-specifics buttons to appear in the selection bar?

Cheers!

12 hours ago, Salk said:

I might have forgotten that little I knew but I seem to remember what you wish might not be impossible.

Perhaps "ChangeClass" allows for the class-specifics buttons to appear in the selection bar?

Cheers!

I'm not much of an IE scripter, unfortunately. I am sure there must be dangers involved in straight up changing characters' classes, especially when there may be a variety of different situations (multiclass, dual-class, kits, mod-added kits...).

23 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I'm not much of an IE scripter, unfortunately

There's an opcode for that (#72).

Anyway, as you've already pointed out, it is too risky (last but not least: it doesn't support timing mode 2 – "While equipped"...)

Edited by Luke
6 hours ago, Luke said:

There's an opcode for that (#72).

Anyway, as you've already pointed out, it is too risky (last but not least: it doesn't support timing mode 2 – "While equipped"...)

This opcode almost works, but not quite. It's true that it doesn't work on "while equipped", but it does work for duration, and when the duration is up, it reverts the character back to normal. Memorized spells aren't unmemorized if e.g. your class is changed from mage or cleric to thief. Thieving skills seem to be retained if you switch from a thief to a mage or something (which I'm surprised it does, because when you dual class from a thief to something else, you lose all your thieving skills when your thief class is restored in ToBEx games and have to edit the character to fix it). Unfortunately, there is an issue - if multiple opcode 72s are applied to a creature at the same time, then whatever was the one before the latest becomes permanent. For example, if you apply a duration 60 thief class change to a mage class, then apply another one right after, the affected character is now permanently a thief. You can work around that using sectypes and making sure to always dispel the first one before the second one is applied. Nevertheless, I would be greatly concerned about the possibility of ruining people's games by using it before thoroughly testing to make sure it works 100% of the time.

(e): Also, the thought of somebody attempting to level-up while polymorphed/shapechanged without noticing that they're a completely different class is a frightening one, haha.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest Weevill

Shields in this mod have two different lists of class restrictions listed in the item descriptions. This issue does not occur with the regular item revisions.

I am running BG:EE

2 hours ago, Guest Weevill said:

Shields in this mod have two different lists of class restrictions listed in the item descriptions. This issue does not occur with the regular item revisions.

I am running BG:EE

That's my bad. It's a BG1:EE specific bug: basically, when IR detects the EEs are installed, it runs all items through a description updater where it strips the first list so that the game can just use its own generated list. I think either this version or the version before I restored the original BG1 graphics for shields on BG1:EE-only games, but it's not exactly an elegant solution and it happens late enough that it's not caught by the description updater. Will fix, thank you, :).

(e): Now fixed.

Edited by Bartimaeus

After using the Sword of Backstabbing for quite a while, I just noticed it claims to do Piercing damage but the Log says it's slashing damage.

I would imagine this is not a bug but intended mostly but the vast majority of items in Siege of Dragonspear are not touched by this mod. I noticed some inconsistencies with description formatting and behavior. Just though I should mention it.

I have a little balance feedback. Arrows of dispelling seem to be a little too common. Particularly from vendors. They seem to be really powerful and available in really large quantities at Sorcerer Sundries. If I remember correctly there was something like 20 stacks of 5? Maybe more. I always felt they cheapen the Mage Chess gameplay do they have no save? I always avoid them since I don't like the gameplay so maybe I'm missing something that makes them not that big of a deal. I also feel like arrows of detonation are in the same "too available for how powerful they are" camp.

In that same vein, although I'm not sure this is something in the scope of the mod. I am just swimming in wands, and most of them have large amounts of charges. Honestly I'm swimming on large amounts of literally every consumable but wands are just so charged and so abundant that make certain spells almost never worth getting. For example I would probably never get a AoE damage spell with some many wands of fire around. Or magic missile with so many wands of lightning. Or hold person with so many paralization wands. Or fear with fear wands. I guess this is not necessarily a problem. I just wish there were more wands with different effects and less charges than the same 4 wands with over 40 charges combined.