IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

9 hours ago, zenblack said:

I just wanted clarification on something that I can't quite discern from the readme. If SR is not installed will spell abilities that are a part of magic items be reverted to whatever the base vanilla (or SCS) spell is used or will the ability always use the SR variant?

If the item specifically says that it casts a particular spell, then yes, it would use the vanilla version of that spell when SR isn't installed.

However, items that simply emulate similar effects as spells have those effects based on the SR versions and don't change depending on whether SR is installed or not.

Not sure if IRR is the guilty one, but only mods affecting POTN47.ITM are EET and IRR.

In BGEE during "Marek and Lothander" everything goes smooth, i get the 10k XP and the quest is finished but how do i get rid of the Poisoned icon on my char portrait? 

Edit:

Solved it by replacing the potion with the original BGEE potion.

Edited by Azoth

@Bartimaeus

I found a very impressive walkthrough using EET+SCS+SR+IR here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75857/ir-sr-scs-no-reload-attempt-no-999-or-so

I would recommend you read this post: IMO the walkthrough itself is already enjoyable; the bugs and tweaks it mentioned are also worth considering.

Examples:

Failed placement of Evermemory ring and Ankheg armor in EET+IR due to using BGT area codes. 

8 minutes ago, mercurier said:

@Bartimaeus

I found a very impressive walkthrough using EET+SCS+SR+IR here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75857/ir-sr-scs-no-reload-attempt-no-999-or-so

I would recommend you read this post: IMO the walkthrough itself is already enjoyable; the bugs and tweaks it mentioned are also worth considering.

Examples:

Failed placement of Evermemory ring and Ankheg armor in EET+IR due to using BGT area codes. 

That ring replacement has been a thorn in my side for a while, between BGT, EET, and BG2 Fixpack all having their own implementations (...and the Ankheg Armor replacement is new, so it figures that it's not 100% foolproof). I'll look into them (and anything else I see in that thread) as well, thank you!

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hey Bartimaeus, i don't know if it is me or if i didn't understand everything, but in the critical_hits.tpa of IR and IRR the code to untick the Critical hit aversion (Line 71) doesn't seems to work for me. Maybe i'm wrong in my setup, but when using my own mod to do this (second quoted code) it worked. Maybe this is an old code or is not usable with EET ?

The code in IR & IRR

WRITE_BYTE 0x1b THIS | 2 // disable critical protection

and the code that has worked for me

WRITE_BYTE 0x1b (THIS BAND 0b11111101) // disable critical protection

I'm just starting to code so maybe i've overlooked something, sorry if i've done any mistakes, but i wasn't sure if that has something to do with my experimentations or if the code was outdated.

No idea, really. IRR hasn't modified that component, so if there's a problem, it comes from the base mod. Right now, I have a number of things I need to look at and fix, but haven't had any serious time to do so. I'll try to take a look at how that component does in a number of situations at some point, though.

So i've decided to do a clean EET installation with the following options

1- vanilla EET

2 - EET + IR v4.0b10 (with critical hit aversion removed in favor of a +1 bonus to AC from critical hit aversion component and revised armors with allow arcane spellcasting in armor and thieving penalties components aswell)

3 - EET + IR v4.0b10 + IRR github latest relase (same options)

4 - EET + IR v4.0b10 without Revised Armors but with Allow Spellcasting (casting speed penalties) and Thieving maluses in armor components

5 - EET + IR v4.0b10 without Revised Armors and Allow Spellcasting components but with Thieving maluses in armor components

6 - EET + IR v4.0b10 without Revised Armors and Thieving maluses in armor components but with  Allow Spellcasting component

7 - EET + IR v4.0b10 with just Revised Armors components but without Allow Spellcasting or Thieving maluses in armor components

and i've noticed two major problems.

With both options 2 and 3, the critical hit aversion from component 47 doesn't work, i.e the description is correctly handled (AC +1 specified and the critical hit is removed), and the AC bonus is added in the effects, but the critical hit aversion option is still active.

Also, i've tested a fresh BG2 EE installation and in the vanilla game, the description from armors specifies the bonus/malus against specific melee attacks (e.g the leather armor leat01.itm is specified as  :

Armor Class: 8 (10 vs. piercing and missile)

but these bonuses/maluses descriptions are removed in all installations and it look now like this

Armor Class: 8

no matter the component (4, 5, 6 or 7) that part is always removed. So it seems to have something to do with the descriptions updates by this component. I've managed to isolate ~item_rev\lib\descriptions.tpa~ that handle it but i'm not really understanding the whole thing. Maybe @CamDawg could looked into it as that part of code was taken from BG2 Tweak Pack ?

Now i know it should be posted to the original mod thread (Items Revisions) but as this mod seems to be more active, i suppose i had to post it here. If i'm wrong feel free to correct me.

If you need some help, i'll be glad to help you.

Edited by ptifab
6 hours ago, ptifab said:

no matter the component (4, 5, 6 or 7) that part is always removed. So it seems to have something to do with the descriptions updates by this component. I've managed to isolate ~item_rev\lib\descriptions.tpa~ that handle it but i'm not really understanding the whole thing. Maybe @CamDawg could looked into it as that part of code was taken from BG2 Tweak Pack ?

As that file indicates, description updating code was based on code in the BG2 Tweak Pack, but the logic for the textual replacements was all custom for IR and written by me.  I'm pretty sure the behaviour you noted is intentional. Adding that information in a nicely human-readable format would have required a lot more effort.

Thanks for your explanation Mike1072, but is it possible to change that ? Because as i remember, this code seems to be accurate for a vanilla installation but not for enhanced editions that have changed the descriptions. In fact, those precisions about specific damage types weren't in the vanilla game but appeared in the Enhanced Editions. Maybe this code hasn't been revised to reflect those changes ?

Same reason goes for the critical hit aversion removal from helms component. The code is not working for me except if i change it (as described in my first post on this page)

Edited by ptifab