IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Hello again, Bartimaeus.

I thought SCS already offered a component that removed the Stoneskin effect on the caster? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding and you meant removing the visual effect of the spell on the caster?

What I was suggesting was to have the character protected with Stoneskin change the color of its body to the Stoneskin color once the combat would start.

Cheers!

13 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello again, Bartimaeus.

I thought SCS already offered a component that removed the Stoneskin effect on the caster? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding and you meant removing the visual effect of the spell on the caster?

What I was suggesting was to have the character protected with Stoneskin change the color of its body to the Stoneskin color once the combat would start.

Cheers!

That's correct, but unfortunately, as I mentioned in the previous post, I'm relatively sure it's either an .exe patch or through ToBEx. I will check now to make sure. Yep, that subcomponent is only available on ToB games, and yep, it's only available through ToBEx. Literally all that component does is

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Disable Stoneskin Grey Colour=0~ ~Disable Stoneskin Grey Colour=1~

in the ToBEx ini file. Already an option when you install ToBEx, I guess it's if you were too lazy to install ToBEx before installing SCS? Either way, the visual effect is hardcoded to the Stoneskin opcode. So you'd have to enable the ToBEx Disable Stoneskin Grey Colour flag, then you'd have to simulate the grey color through various Stoneskin effects yourself. Which is not impossible...I guess I'd need the exact palette color of Stoneskin to even test adding it to just the mage Stoneskin spell.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest Happy Guest

Hello all, thank you all for the work making this and other mods. It makes Baldurs Gate such a wonderful experience and I really appreciate it. 

I have a question... is the current version of Item Revisions compatible with BG2EE from GOG (on a Mac?) Ive been able to install lots of other mods such as many NPC mods and Tweaks Anthology and SCS and many other things. And have worked through issues such as making sure the setup-modname file is the latest version of WEIDU, fixing incorrect windows line breaks in .command files, using CHMOD to set permissions etc. Usually I can install either the Mac version or the PC version (altered to add a .command file and WEIDU) of any mod on my Mac. 

However... with Item Revisions... I can get the current version (at https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/items/item_rev/ ) to execute, but it then wont install anything. It just says for every component errors like:

SKIPPING: [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs]. This component may only be installed on BG2, and it requires ToB be installed.

SKIPPING: [Potion Revisions]. This component is not compatible with your game.

Do I not have the latest version? Have I done something wrong somewhere? I definitely have BG2EE with SoA and ToB installed from GOG. 

I get the same errors trying to install Spell Revisions. Both Item and Spell Revisions I remember liking a lot in past years when I played this before (not from GOG though). 

Any help appreciated! 

best, Chris

Hi @pebnugget, I'll respond here since you PMed me as well with your new account. I am a little confused by your problem, since the error doesn't really make sense to me. IRR and SRR are definitely compatible with BG2:EE (I tested the current versions of IRR and SRR just last week with both BG1:EE and BG2:EE as a matter of fact), but I must admit that it's difficult for me to troubleshoot MacOS-only problems seeing as I don't have MacOS. Also, please note that IRR and SRR are actually separate branches from the main IR and SR mods - that is to say, the link you gave in your previous post actually leads to base Item Revisions, and you must also download my Item Revisions Revised as well. I realize that this is somewhat confusing, but that's the price I pay for stacking IRR and SRR on top of the original mods.

However, I will give you combined archives for you to test to see if you still get the same errors, so you do not have to go through the trouble of combining them: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6s4ozebczx78bta/IRR and SRR MacOS.zip Let me know if you continue to have that problem, although I'm unsure as to what exactly I can do about it. I'd probably have to ask for help from elseones who are more familiar with MacOS.

Edited by Bartimaeus
7 hours ago, Kilgor said:

Silver Sword +4 vorpal effect is 14% instead of 15%.

Axe of the unyielding +5 vorpal effect is 14% instead of 15% and missing the 3d8 slashing dmg with a succesful save.

Their probability is 0-14%, which is 15% (as 0 is the first percentile). You're right on the 3D8 slashing damage, though, so thanks!

On 5/6/2019 at 8:47 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Their probability is 0-14%, which is 15% (as 0 is the first percentile)...

You could set probability2 to 1 and probability1 to 15, maybe it's clearer....

Edited by Luke
21 hours ago, Luke said:

You could set probability2 to 1 and probability1 to 15, maybe it's clearer....

I considered it, but didn't like the inconsistency it would create for items where you'd *need* to start at the 0 due to additional effects (e.g. Flail of Ages).

Edited by Bartimaeus