IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

@Bartimaeus Windows case-insensitive isn't a problem. You simply need to enable ignorecase for git and use decent Git client like: SmartGit/SourceTree:

image.png.00fe1cab1517532e4bf3446a56a0a021.png

I really recommend it even if the initial impression regarding interface might be overwhelming.

Edited by AL|EN
1 hour ago, AL|EN said:

@Bartimaeus Windows case-insensitive isn't a problem. You simply need to enable ignorecase for git and use decent Git client like: SmartGit/SourceTree:

I really recommend it even if the initial impression regarding interface might be overwhelming.

Thanks! Seems relatively straightforward, actually. Much easier to manage than the web browser client.

some bugs in my current game

-Effreti bottle summons nothing. I don't know why because I did'nt have this bug before.

- the stoneskin of ring of earth control last only 60 seconds

-Ras +2 : the magical sword doesn't have attack script

- bolt of polymorphing : magic resistance seems to block the polymorphing effect

You made a good job about rebalancing potion of energy protection and potion of energy shielding.

I still find that potion of magic resistance is innapealing (+20% means nothing). Same for the items providing magic resistance. But if nobody complain about it, maybe it is ok.

Edited by DrAzTiK
39 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

some bugs in my current game

-Effreti bottle summons nothing. I don't know why because I did'nt have this bug before.

- the stoneskin of ring of earth control last only 60 seconds

-Ras +2 : the magical sword doesn't have attack script

- bolt of polymorphing : magic resistance seems to block the polymorphing effect

You made a good job about rebalancing potion of energy protection and potion of energy shielding.

I still find that potion of magic resistance is innapealing (+20% means nothing). Same for the items providing magic resistance. But if nobody complain about it, maybe it is ok.

Ring of Earth Control: The description specifically mentions that it only lasts a turn, does it not? I'm not exactly hundred percent sure why, but protective spells cast by items only last 1 turn in IR, and I opted to keep it that way.

Bolt of Polymorphing: Still sometimes weird that these effects aren't supposed to be magic resistable when it feels like they very much should be. Confirmed and fixed.

Efreeti Bottle: Can't confirm - summons fine for me. The item is misc3c.itm, uses dvefreet.eff as the summoning effect, and the creature is also dvefreet.cre. Please confirm that it is indeed broken, and if so, confirm the existence of these files (and upload them for me so I can take a look if they all do).

Ras: You are correct. As if using this summonable wasn't annoying enough, huh? Confirmed and fixed.

-ring of earth control : hum yes the description does mention it  sorry. Well it is obviously a nerf to have a short duration  and it looks not consistent but I am fine with it.

-RaS +2 : I don't find this summon annoying but maybe RAs +2 lack an equiped ability.

-Effreti bottle : misc3c.itm looks ok (correclty use dvfreet.eff) but I don't have any dvefreet.cre in the CRE files or in the override . (I look with near infinity)

1 hour ago, DrAzTiK said:

-ring of earth control : hum yes the description does mention it  sorry. Well it is obviously a nerf to have a short duration  and it looks not consistent but I am fine with it.

-RaS +2 : I don't find this summon annoying but maybe RAs +2 lack an equiped ability.

-Effreti bottle : misc3c.itm looks ok (correclty use dvfreet.eff) but I don't have any dvefreet.cre in the CRE files or in the override . (I look with near infinity)

Yeah, I can only guess that having short durations for protective spells was simply to make it so you don't use them to pre-buff (and instead have to use it in the middle of combat for it to be effective)...but I'm not exactly sure why that would've been an objective.

I hate summonables that remove the object from your inventory while it's in use, and it's especially annoying when it's a weapon, and even more so again for only a single turn of it.

Oh yeah, you don't have either SR or SRR installed. I guess I'll make an alternative version that just casts a 60 second version of the spell for non-SR games when it doesn't detect it as being installed.

Taulmaril + 3 : I wonder if there is a bug or not with this bow because it display 3 differents kind of damage in the text box (instead of just 2)

Also the bow of Gesen bypass  SR protection from missile .  I also need to test with Tasheron bow.

11 hours ago, DrAzTiK said:

Taulmaril + 3 : I wonder if there is a bug or not with this bow because it display 3 differents kind of damage in the text box (instead of just 2)

Also the bow of Gesen bypass  SR protection from missile .  I also need to test with Tasheron bow.

Taulmaril: Weirdly, its damage is split up between three different sources. The base damage (0 unless you're using Weapon Changes + arrow damage), an extra 1D6 projectile damage that is in a separate opcode, then an extra 1D6 magic damage that is in its own separate opcode. I'm not sure why, because looking at Tansheron, Tansheron's puts the 1D6 projectile damage right in the base damage and doesn't use an extra opcode for it.

Protection from Missile: Yeah, still working on fixing this (and Physical Mirror).

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Taulmaril: Weirdly, its damage is split up between three different sources. The base damage (0 unless you're using Weapon Changes + arrow damage), an extra 1D6 projectile damage that is in a separate opcode, then an extra 1D6 magic damage that is in its own separate opcode. I'm not sure why, because looking at Tansheron, Tansheron's puts the 1D6 projectile damage right in the base damage and doesn't use an extra opcode for it.

Protection from Missile: Yeah, still working on fixing this (and Physical Mirror).

Ok maybe damage is slip up because taulmaril is suposed to breach some spells.  Anyway i am reassured ;)

Edited by DrAzTiK
1 hour ago, saroumana said:

I'm sad Edwin loose one of his two spell bonus. There is a easy way to reverse it on my install ?

Yes, open the mod folder, go into the backup folder there and the mod component folder ... and cut and paste the misc89.itm file to the override folder. And then remove his Fireball spell and other Invocation spells, and never relearn them.

6 hours ago, saroumana said:

I'm sad Edwin loose one of his two spell bonus. There is a easy way to reverse it on my install ?

Yeah, I kind of waffled on that. It is a "classic" item, but on the other hand, even 1 bonus spell slot per level is pretty silly strong...2 is absurd. I might change that back and make it just for me.

You can delete misc89.itm from your override, or take misc89.itm from your item_rev\backup\0 folder and put it in override, either way.

You may want to add an extra mithril token to the ones you already added, as Rogue Revisions upgradeable equipment component has an upgrade recipe using one mithril token (in vanilla you almost always emerged from the underdark with spare tokens as the Jester's armor is useless and one went for the speed boots anyway, so there was never any problem in practice in forging the item).

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I kind of waffled on that. It is a "classic" item, but on the other hand, even 1 bonus spell slot per level is pretty silly strong...2 is absurd. I might change that back and make it just for me.

Please, no need to change that back. The purpose of this mod is to rebalancing items if I am not wrong...

And I know there is many weird players installing  both overpowed/unbalancing items mods (like Ruad, item upgrade) with item revisions. Don't ask me why...

It would be a mistake to follow their desires...

Edited by DrAzTiK

Humm sorry but I think  I have some problems about backstabbing .

All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing 
This optiont applies a penalty to backstabbing with certain weapon types as listed above. It also enables the use of backstabbing with any weapon, including ranged ones.

It looks like this component is not suggested with item revision revisited.

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #18 // Revised Backstabbing -> Thief-only Weapons: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.2.5)

I play with this component and I have tested it on a new installation with a multiclassed warrior/thief/mage level 10 also and it looks like :

- I can backstap X2 with some non thief weapons ( mace, bastard sword,axes; hammer)

-club backstap at only X2  instead of X4  (according to the readme, clubs should no have penalities)

-more problematic :  when duawielding with 2 long swords, the backstapp multiplier becomes X2 instead of x3  (thief level 10). Wielding only one long sword, the multiplier backstapp is correct. (X3)

Also it looks like the short sword of backstabbing  does not give the +1 bonnus to backstab. (maybe because my character is multiclassed ?)

Edited by DrAzTiK