IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

@n-ghost

Thanks for the silly tilde error spot - that was a recent addition from not too long ago that I clearly did not test with SR pre-installed, :).

Nothing to worry about with the opcodes - just means you're not on an EE install, and that it's patched them out some opcodes that would otherwise crash the game! I'm actually going to silence them since you're not the first person to be concerned about that.

@DrAzTiK

Ring of Energy: I had wondered this a while back, too, and was tempted to change it but left it be seeing as Robe of Arcane Might is 25% MDR as well.

Magical Stacking Ammunition: I was under the impression that this was already fixed by simply not allowing ammunition to be equipped while the given launchers are being used. Is that not the case?

+HP items: Yeah, I don't love that little "feature", either, but the "add bonus HP" version of the opcode is bugged in at least ToBEx (and non-ToBEx) games to basically be an infinite heal via multiple equipping exploit (though I'm not sure about EE games). I don't really fancy changing Adjatha the Drinker, Defender of Easthaven, and Axe of the Unyielding all to be Regeneration at this time, though (also, Axe of the Unyielding already has regeneration...), so it's unfortunately an issue that'll still continue to exist. If the normal mode opcode works correctly in EE games, I could at least patch those to use the correct mode when detecting an EE install, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Magical Stacking Ammunition: I was under the impression that this was already fixed by simply not allowing ammunition to be equipped while the given launchers are being used. Is that not the case?

well it depends, sometimes I can equip ammunitions but overall it's ok, we just need to not cheat..

.  But I find the description to be  not very accurate, for exemple with firetooth +4   : "normal bolts cannot be fired with this crossbow" ===>  by reading this, I was thinking that  non magicals bolts cannot be fired but magicals bolts can be fired". Nevermind.:crazyeyes:

Edited by DrAzTiK
12 hours ago, DrAzTiK said:

well it depends, sometimes I can equip ammunitions but overall it's ok, we just need to not cheat..

.  But I find the description to be  not very accurate, for exemple with firetooth +4   : "normal bolts cannot be fired with this crossbow" ===>  by reading this, I was thinking that  non magicals bolts cannot be fired but magicals bolts can be fired". Nevermind.:crazyeyes:

It can be pretty difficult to write succinctly as well as accurately, :).

What launchers with their own magical ammo in particular are letting you use other ammo?

Playing NTotSC + IRR + EET + more.

NTotSC adds several items. So far i found:

1. "Black Swan Armor +2" (ntplat03.itm) - found in dungeon in Beregost temple area
  2. Umber Hulk Plate +1 - found on Tytus in Cloakwood Mines
  3. Girdle of Stromnos (sets strength to 19) - found on Tytus in Cloakwood Mines

These items are not modified based on IR standards. Is there any chance to include them in IRR?

Just asking,  i could also ignore these items.

Also calling @jastey

Edited by Azoth
3 hours ago, Azoth said:

These items are not modified based on IR standards. Is there any chance to include them in IRR?

Bartimeus will answer for sure, but I would hazard a guess that he will say that that sort of thing is outside of the scope of the mod.

What I myself do with mods that I use and introduce items that I do not like is cook up a mod that is installed after and changes the item to suit whatever I think is right (sometimes is nerfing, other times is correcting mistakes, other times is plugging a hole in my chosen party item setup, other times is just a new item idea that I found interesting, etc.). Now this is of course time consuming, and needs some weidu modding knowledge (but I found that the basics are enough -- NI and overwriting is sufficient for most purposes -- and if you have some programming discipline things go much easier) since I am basically doing a mini-IR for every mod that I want to change, but such is life.

Grodrigues is correct - outside of the scope of the mod (...and I don't use NTotSC, so it's kind of out of my interest as well). IR only deals with vanilla game items for actual revision, and it's already difficult to come up with unique and useful design concepts for just those - it would become way too much to start revising other modders' items on top of it.

Yes, changing mod items to make them follow the philosophies from IR's main component is out of scope.

On 9/2/2019 at 1:00 AM, Azoth said:
  1. "Black Swan Armor +2" (ntplat03.itm) - found in dungeon in Beregost temple area
  2. Umber Hulk Plate +1 - found on Tytus in Cloakwood Mines

However, if you mean that these aren't (correctly) identified as armors by the global components (e.g. casting in armor, thieving in armor), then that can be fixed.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, Mike1072 said:

Yes, changing mod items to make them follow the philosophies from IR's main component is out of scope.

However, if you mean that these aren't (correctly) identified as armors by the global components (e.g. casting in armor, thieving in armor), then that can be fixed.

I did consider that, but NTotSC is such an old mod that I didn't even bother to check that those items were already in there as I assumed they would be. I just did now, though, and...only ntplat01, some ntleats, and ntchans are? Kind of surprises me.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, Bartimaeus said:

I did consider that, but NTotSC is such an old mod that I didn't even bother to check that those items were already in there as I assumed they would be. I just did now, though, and...only ntplat01, some ntleats, and ntchans are? Kind of surprises me.

NTotSC is old, but its currently maintained by Jastey:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66572/northern-tales-of-the-sword-coast-ntotsc-for-bg-ee-and-bgt-and-eet-download/p1

8 hours ago, zenblack said:

If SR is not installed will spell abilities that are a part of magic items be reverted to whatever the base vanilla (or SCS) spell is used or will the ability always use the SR variant?

Yea-no-hmm-nad.

Punctuation !! Learn to use it. And try to make a question that has a "Yes" or "No" answer, NOT; BOTH !

8 hours ago, zenblack said:

If SR is not installed, will spell abilities that are a part of magic items be reverted to base vanilla or SCS spells ?

heh, "Yes". That's your answer. Now, were we talking about a game installed with SCS or not... no, I won't care.