IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

1 hour ago, pochesun said:

Good day. I installed the latest version of IR on BG 1 EE but chose to skip "Thieves can use Wands". But somehow my pure 1 lvl thief can use wand of lightning :). Wand description says that this wand can not be used by Cleric\Thief and FIghter\Thief, but "Thief" clause is missing. I checked it several times, reinstalling and trying vanilla version (vanila also properly limiting the use of this want by "Thief" clause in the description). Any idea why is that? Thx beforehand.  

Issa bug! Sorry for the trouble but thanks for reporting, let me know if you see any others, :(.

8 hours ago, pochesun said:

No problem, glad to be helpful. Just wanted to ask if it will be fixed anytime soon. Thank you for your work, i really enjoy the mod.

The component that I presume is causing the problem is "Revised Backstabbing" - specifically the "More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing" subcomponent. IRR has never touched this, so it's a bug in the normal mod as well.

The problem is that the mod detects literally any item that's usable by a thief multiclass (e.g. thief/fighter, thief/mage) and makes it so that a base thief can use it. Which the description of this subcomponent does not in any way, shape, or form imply it would do. So that means every weapon and armor that's normally not usable by a thief - axes, chain mail, halberds, plate, robes, etc. - is usable by a thief. Do you have this subcomponent installed?

Edited by Bartimaeus
15 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The component that I presume is causing the problem is "More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing" - specifically the "More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing" subcomponent. IRR has never touched this, so it's a bug in the normal mod as well.

The problem is that the mod detects literally any item that's usable by a thief multiclass (e.g. thief/fighter, thief/mage) and makes it so that a base thief can use it. Which the description of this subcomponent does not in any way, shape, or form imply it would do. So that means every weapon and armor that's normally not usable by a thief - axes, chain mail, halberds, plate, robes, etc. - is usable by a thief. Do you have this subcomponent installed?

Yes i do. If thats the case i assume the bug is not that easy to fix. I will try to reinstall BG and install the mod without abovementioned subcomponent and later recount details here. Though if its the case i still hope it is fixable and the fix can be implemented soon :)

32 minutes ago, pochesun said:

Yes i do. If thats the case i assume the bug is not that easy to fix. I will try to reinstall BG and install the mod without abovementioned subcomponent and later recount details here. Though if its the case i still hope it is fixable and the fix can be implemented soon :)

Yeah, I patched that part out and it's on the latest github repo. I do not know why it was doing that to begin with - I am sure there was some kind of reason, but it certainly seems way out of scope of the component. Sorry for the trouble - pretty surprised nobody saw it in either IR or IRR beore, guess it must be a not very used option.

Edited by Bartimaeus
48 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I patched that part out and it's on the latest github repo. I do not know why it was doing that to begin with - I am sure there was some kind of reason, but it certainly seems way out of scope of the component. Sorry for the trouble - pretty surprised nobody saw it in either IR or IRR beore, guess it must be a not very used option.

Great job, thx a lot. Just to clarify fo myself: should i just download the zip file again and do regular proceedings with installation? I am asking because the version of zip file i had prior to this fix was named "IR-Revised 1.2.7" and the current one is named "IR_Revised-master". Just want to clarify that the fix is included in the current version of the mod :) Thx again.

3 minutes ago, pochesun said:

Great job, thx a lot. Just to clarify fo myself: should i just download the zip file again and do regular proceedings with installation? I am asking because the version of zip file i had prior to this fix was named "IR-Revised 1.2.7" and the current one is named "IR_Revised-master". Just want to clarify that the fix is included in the current version of the mod :) Thx again.

Yes, that's correct. "Master" always contains the latest fixes, and I always try to make sure I never put anything in the master that won't work if someone downloads it instead of the latest retail release, although I am not always perfect, :).

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 minute ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yes, that's correct. "Master" always contains the latest fixes, and I always try to make sure I never put anything in the master that won't work if someone downloads it instead of the latest retail release, although I am not always perfect, :).

Ok fair enough. Thx again, i am back to my BG trilogy run :)

On 4/3/2020 at 3:35 PM, Bartimaeus said:

What a coincidence. It's been a while since I've been able to play with my friend and we decided to rebuild the client with some changes right before moving to BG2. Lo and behold I picked that option to get backstabs with range weapons and I noticed the exact same bug. I hadn't figure out what was causing it mind you, but I'm glad I decided to check over here.

5 hours ago, NdranC said:

What a coincidence. It's been a while since I've been able to play with my friend and we decided to rebuild the client with some changes right before moving to BG2. Lo and behold I picked that option to get backstabs with range weapons and I noticed the exact same bug. I hadn't figure out what was causing it mind you, but I'm glad I decided to check over here.

I use that option as well, but I use it for the AI's sake, since I don't use backstabbing in general (I don't find it to be an enjoyable mechanic, especially with how easy it is to abuse it), and not coincidentally at all, I don't ever use pure thieves either. So I guess I never noticed it. Glad it's fixed now, though.

Hi Bartimaeus,

Enjoying IRR immensely, ta.

I really like the idea of this mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/32456/unbiased-irrevrykal-5-mod/p1

But it fails to install at the moment.

Wonder if it is something you would consider for IRR? I don't think IR or IRR touch Ir'revrykal.

While I'm at it, I've stumbled upon these while cataloguing mods, might they be worth considering?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31391/foebane-3-and-5-improvement-mod/p1

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40116/mod-improved-cloak-of-non-detection/p1

Hi @Bartimaeus

During my EET installation using Project Infinity I encountered following install error of IRR with Store Revisions component. Do you know what is the issue and how to fix it?

Spoiler

[D:\Games\00783\setup-item_rev.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Using Language [English]
Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
Installing [Store Revisions] [V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.2.7)]
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 3 files ...
ERROR: [ag#dummy] -> [override/ag#ir01.itm] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("Char.chr"))
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Store Revisions], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   7 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 1030.
Uninstalled      7 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 1030.
ERROR: Invalid_argument("Char.chr")
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG and look for support at: Demivrgvs, Ardanis and Mike1072 at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Store Revisions] because of error.
Using Language [English]
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Store Revisions

Attaching WeiDU loogs too.

WeiDU.log WeiDU-BGEE.log

OK it seems that Store Revisions component from IR v4b10 installed correctly, so I have compared both item_rev.tp2 files and it seems in IRR this section was commented out.

Spoiler

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Store Revisions                                                       //
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

BEGIN @33
DESIGNATED 1030
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~soa tob bgt bgee bg2ee eet~) @9002

// a bit rough for now... will fine-tune once BG1 revision is complete
ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee eet~) BEGIN
  LOAD_TRA ~item_rev/languages/english/store_revisions.tra~
  LOAD_TRA ~item_rev/languages/%LANGUAGE%/store_revisions.tra~
  INCLUDE ~item_rev/components/store_revisions.tpa~
  INCLUDE ~item_rev/components/item_reallocation.tpa~
  /*COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.sto~ override
    LPF items_to_order END
  BUT_ONLY*/

END ELSE BEGIN
  INCLUDE ~item_rev/lib/identify_item.tpa~
  INCLUDE ~item_rev/lib/store_rev_macros.tpa~
  /*COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.sto~ override
    LPF items_to_order END
  BUT_ONLY*/

END

I'm assuming this is the reason of failed installation. So if you remove the comment, it should install correctly, right?

Damn, I cannot consistently install Store Revisions from IRR. I have removed the comment and in one install it installed without errors and in current installation it didn't install.

Anyone has any idea?

@4udr4n were you managed to install Store Revisions from IRR? If yes, where did you put it in install order?

Yes, after FnP Multiclass. See attached.

I split the main component out as you can see.

I can't remember (didn't add a note) why I had it that late, but I think it was split out on @subtledoctor's list and EE Install Tool also does it that way, not had many issues with it.

You seem to have done the same.

Remember all of my multi-mod installs so far have been BG2EE only. You may get more useful info out of me later today when my EET attempt falls apart!

update-Weidu-Log-Finished-Installation-2020.04.20-21꞉49.log