IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

I am not sure if it should be this way but wearing Belt of Antipode and having 127 cold resistance my character heals when receiving damage from winter wolves :) (console reads  "Winter Wolf: (charname) was immune to my damage").

Also its weird when i take off the belt i have resistance: Fire 50, Cold 50. But when i put the Belt on i get Fire -50, Cold 127. 

Edited by pochesun
5 minutes ago, pochesun said:

I am not sure if it should be this way but wearing Belt of Antipode and having 127 cold resistance my character heals when receiving damage from winter wolves :) (console reads  "Winter Wolf: (charname) was immune to my damage").

Also its weird when i take off the belt i have resistance: Fire 50, Cold 50. But when i put the Belt on i get Fire -50, Cold 127. 

Resistance maxes out at 127, so your previous 50% + 100% = 127% and indeed does heal. Unless you're saying your character mysteriously has 50% of both without anything else equipped or anything else going on.

Just now, Bartimaeus said:

Resistance maxes out at 127, so your previous 50% + 100% = 127% and indeed does heal. Unless you're saying your character mysteriously has 50% of both without anything else equipped or anything else going on.

Wow, sorry i did not know it should heal, never occured to me. 50 on both resistance i have from boots and the ring, so its ok here :)

1 minute ago, pochesun said:

Wow, sorry i did not know it should heal, never occured to me. 50 on both resistance i have from boots and the ring, so its ok here :)

Yeah, it's a funny quirk of the game - negative resistances means bonus damage, >100% means healing as that percentage over 100%, haha.

Guest guest

I started reading the topic from page 1, and I noticed some posts such as this one 

that makes me think that your mod has now reached a status where you could make it a separate mod altogether. I mean, any chance you would publish it without having to mess up with the original "source"? 

13 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I started reading the topic from page 1, and I noticed some posts such as this one 

that makes me think that your mod has now reached a status where you could make it a separate mod altogether. I mean, any chance you would publish it without having to mess up with the original "source"? 

One thing I have thought about doing is officially splitting IRR and SRR off and having their own folder and .exe names, but then requiring that the main components of IR and SR are installed before you can install the main components of either IRR or SRR respectively. The DNA of the base mods is still baked into my Revised versions (everything I did is built off the backs of the original mod, after all), and there are still some files that I have never modified (although a small percentage of the overall files, it occasionally happens that I need to look at a file and realize that I have to get it from the base mod because it's not currently included in either IRR or SRR). There's also the issue of version confusion: I want people who are installing either IRR or SRR to be *aware* that they're installing IRR or SRR, and not simply the base mods. There have already been a number of cases where people have tried to report issues for both IR and SR without realizing that they're using my Revised versions instead, and that's annoying for everyone (especially the maintainers of the base mods but also myself as well) - imagine if people didn't have to very deliberately decide to use these Revised versions and go through this weird install process but instead just clicked a button in an automated installer without realizing the differences between the two options. I do not want that to happen, so this is where we currently are.

Guest guest
10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

There's also the issue of version confusion: I want people who are installing either IRR or SRR to be *aware* that they're installing IRR or SRR, and not simply the base mods. There have already been a number of cases where people have tried to report issues for both IR and SR without realizing that they're using my Revised versions instead, and that's annoying for everyone (especially the maintainers of the base mods but also myself as well) - imagine if people didn't have to very deliberately decide to use these Revised versions and go through this weird install process but instead just clicked a button in an automated installer without realizing the differences between the two options. I do not want that to happen, so this is where we currently are.

That happens for a variety of reason:

1) The name of your version seems to "imply" that this is an upgrade of the original item revision and people are allergic to readme to notice that things are not quite as linear
2) The original item revision is marked BETA, while yours is marked IMPROVED
3) You are in the forum of Demiurgus item revision
4) If you look inside the forum thread, the only crowded topic is yours, while the other seems to be dead

Hello Bart,

Sorry for the slow reply, I got carried away with other stuff.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, Bartimaeus said:

The "Find Traps" ability is also the same ability that lets thieves disarm traps, so if your thief is too miserable to find them (is this actually a thing, or are traps always found if you use the ability?), they're definitely gonna be too miserable to disarm them, :p. I'll give an update shortly on the potion and get it working and possibly provide an updated file to get it working in your game - though given that you now know that it doesn't actually help disarm them, it may not ultimately prove to be that useful to you. I think there's another potion that grants bonus Find Traps points...Potion of Perception, perhaps?

The Potion of Perception did the trick. However, the description says that you get a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom that is not working.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Antipatiko said:

Hello Bart,

Sorry for the slow reply, I got carried away with other stuff.

The Potion of Perception did the trick. However, the description says that you get a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom that is not working.

Thanks.

You're correct, it has the wrong targeting for those effects, thank you. On a side-note, since I took another look at it because of this bug, I found out that I previously failed to notice that this potion is not usable by mages...which makes the intelligence bonus completely useless for non-thief/mages. So for the time being, this potion is now usable by all (protection from backstabs + wisdom & intelligence bonus for non-thief/monk users). Let me know if you need that fixed for your game if you were planning on using that potion for that purpose.

@subtledoctor That's true as well. In practice, it's probably not as useful as you'd expect since they affect almost exactly same set of files and the only way to tell if a bug is specifically with IR/R or SR/R or with the base mod as well is by checking both sets of files (unless I personally remember exactly what I did off-hand), which, while not fun, is necessary if I want to ascertain if it's a bug from the base mod or not.

13 hours ago, Guest guest said:

5) notice also the date on the topic (24 june 2020 vs 20 june 2017)

As for point 2) I said Improved, I meant revised.

I did go with "Revised" instead of "Improved" for a reason - it's a matter of what somebody wants, :). Not everyone will agree with all changes I've made, obviously. Also, I'm unoriginal and the word "Revisions" was already in my head for these, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I am not sure but in i think Ring of Sorcery (Evermemory) and Edwin's unremovable neckalce (amulet) dont work together as they should. When equipped both Edvin manages to remember 10 spells of 1st level, but when i leave the location or load the saved game 2 of his remembered spells become greyed out in his spells book and its only 8 available spells then. Also after loading saved game it sometimes says 10/8 spells remembered and sometimes 8/10. Could be a confclict here (at least in BG EE 1). Also, a minor cosmetic thing - when i hover mouse over Edwin's amulet the discription of it pops up with a large font. 

39 minutes ago, pochesun said:

sometimes says 10/8 spells remembered and sometimes 8/10.

Do you have Tome & Blood stat bonuses installed? If so, it might look like this if you look at the spell slots within ~1 second of entering a new area, or of loading a savegame, or after resting. Try letting the game clock run for a second or so and see if it us fixed. 

Baldur_a34UJY9cMR.png

firefox_E3CMEeqWbC.png

I've added some icons that I've been working on to the latest repository of IR Revised. A couple of notes:

1. The Scimitar icon in the first picture is the one used for Scimitar +3 which IR stole for Sword of Flame +1 and made no attempt to substitute (they either shared the same icon or Scimitar +3 got a wacky like rainbow-colored Scimitar). It's a minor tweak (was supposed to have a sort of burnt look to it, but it didn't come out that strong) of that icon meant to just help differentiate them better.

2. I previously did Runehammer and Dagger of the Stars, but I have gotten a bit better at doing these and decided to give them another try - Runehammer turned out very well, and Dagger of the Stars better but still needs some touching up which I'll probably eventually do (some of the finer details are a little blurry, IMO).

3. Club of Detonation's icon is the original icon from ToB, only re-aligned and cleaned up a little. If people prefer the other one, I can restore it - but I've actually come around a little on this one, given that it actually matches the general shape of other clubs like Blackblood as opposed to the weird rod-esque appearance of the EE/1pp one.

4. Storm Star, K'logarath, Firetooth, Dagger of the Stars, and Runehammer's icons are all simple realignments and cleanups of the originals. I especially like how Firetooth came out.

5. I'm not too pleased with how that bow (Short Bow +3) turned out...but I guess it's still better than the awful original one or the IWD-style one. I had an alternative red one instead, but so many of the generic enchanted weapons are red already that I decided to go with the green one.

6. That morning star icon is currently used for Everard's Morning Star (wastar). It's a recolor and clean-up of Kiel's Morning Star (...and boy did it need it - that icon was a mess).

Are there any other really bad icon situations in the vanilla game? (...No, I'm not fixing any EE icons unless they could also be used for non-EE games.) I've been slowing chipping away at them over the years, and I think I've basically got them all, but I might be forgetting something. I think there might be a few from the bonus merchants that could still use their own, but the ones left are mostly bad weapons (...though I'll probably want to do something for Dak'kon's Zerth Blade at some point).

(e): Also, some other changes since I last posted an update:

1. Fixed Bucklers +2 and +3 having the wrong amount of penalized AC for missiles (a bug from me importing these from the EEs!).
  2. Splint Mail +2, Scimitar +2, and Dart +2 and +3 have been backported from the EEs into the vanilla games and therefore added to a number of stores via Store Revisions. I couldn't help but notice that there was actually quite a bit of a dearth of darts in Store Revisions, as Store Revisions removed much of them from vanilla stores and did not provide too many places to buy them. This is not great for me because I don't go to Watcher's Keep until the beginning of ToB for balance reasons, which means if I have a character that uses darts, Store Revisions has removed a lot of them from the game. There are a handful of more places that now carry a better inventory of them, with a focus on places that were already carrying all three of arrows, bolts, and bullets.
  3. Darts +2 and +3 get the correct quantities for EE (80) and vanilla (40) games. Also, they won't crash the game if you're using them on a vanilla game.
  4. Wakizashi +2 did not have colors matching its icon - now it does (side-note: if anybody notices any noticeably wrong colors on items, be sure to let me know).
Edited by Bartimaeus
16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Do you have Tome & Blood stat bonuses installed? If so, it might look like this if you look at the spell slots within ~1 second of entering a new area, or of loading a savegame, or after resting. Try letting the game clock run for a second or so and see if it us fixed. 

I have only installed SRR, IRR and SCS. Basicaly i only playing with those and never touched any other mods (though i might consider trying your Power mod :) ).

I have tested it again today. Basically its what happening: Without Ring of Sorcery equipped Edwin (level 2) remembers number of spells according to level + 1 due to his amulet (5 total).When i equip Ring of Sorcery 5 slots for spells of 1st level appear in his spellbook and i can fill them with desired spells (lets say i remember 10 Magic Missile). Then i sleep over and i got 10/10 spells remembered which i can use (Correct amount of Magic Missile spells appear not only in spellbook but also in "Cast spell" menu in character's control pannel). Then i make a savegame and load this exact saved game. 2 Magic Missile spells are dissappeared. In my "Cast spell" manu in character's control panel i now see only 8 spells available to me and when i open spellbook it turns out that now there are only 8 slots of 1st level spells avaiable to me (i can still see the row of spells in my spellbook, but 2 of those are now grey color, as if i already used them, and 2 of the spells are not framed anymore). Its clearly a bug, @Bartimaeus  should probably look into this. 

Ok now i just double checked. I think the problem is in Edwin's amulet. (cuz i remember i tried Ring of Sorcery with other casters (including soreceres) and it worked well). When i right click on the amulet it says "arcane spellcasters can memorize 1 extra spell of each level from 1 to 9". When i hover mouse over it the huge discription tab pops up saying " arcane spellcasters can memorize 2 (!) extra spells of each level from 1 to 9". Now i am not sure that it all works correctly since 2 level Edwin should have had eitther 2 spells + 1 form amulet memorized or 2 spells +2 form amulet memorized (not sure which one was intended to be in IRR). But somehow my 2 level Edwin can memorize 5 spells total (it looks liek amulet gives bonuses from both versions 1+2 which makes it total 2 from level + 1 from amulet + 2 from amulet again). @Bartimaeus should definitely look into that :) Also now i feel kind ashamed for wantonly abusing this bug. 

Edited by pochesun