IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC

I didn't even see that question, whoops. I think IR moves Crom Faeyr's scroll to...the Underdark Beholder Lair? Think the dragon gets the Girdle of Giant Strength instead or something like that.

No worries. I think when I edit things you don't get notified or something.

After playing with Near Inifinity for quite some time now, i have to report some bugs i found during my items and spells examination :

- Arrow of Biting (AROW05.ITM) has wrong flag add strength bonus (0) in its ranged header, should be none

- Shazzelim +1 (SW1H50.ITM) has wrong saving throw vs. slay opcode. Description says it's vs. death while it's vs. spell in ressource.

- Periapt of Proof against Poison (AMUL22.ITM) has missing protection from spells opcodes (FL#GMUM etc. or maybe this is not needed anymore ?)

- Periapt of Form Stability (AMUL24.ITM) has incorrect opcode 206 : Protection from Cold SPPR519.SPL
and is missing its display portrait icon: protection from petrification

- Stonefire +2 (AX1H12.ITM) has a hidden 146 opcode in its melee header : 15% chance fire cast spell (DVFLBRST.SPL)
wich does 3d6 fire explosion damage in a zone

- Daystar +4 (SW1H31.ITM) has incorrect weight of 3 (should be 4 -> longsword or maybe this is  intentional ?))

- Control Cirlet (MISC9X.ITM) has a spelling error (control cirlet should be control cirClet)

- Spear of the Unicorn (SPER07.ITM) has incorrect weight of 3 (should be 5 or maybe this is intentional ?)

- Staff of the Earth +2	(STAF16.ITM) has wrong savingthrow description. It says it has -2 penalty when there's no malus in spell code (DVSHAKE.SPL)

- Celestial Fury (SW1H51.ITM) has missing probabilities in some of its effects in melee header. Opcode 215 and 174 should have probability1 set to 14 

- Carsomyr +4 and +5 (SW2H10 / 19.ITM) have incorrect cast spell resource in magical header (SPPR327.SPL, should be SPPR326.SPL)

- Wand of Ligntning	(WAND07.ITM) The ''save vs wand at -4 neg. half'' <- should be : ''save vs wand at -4 penalty half''

- Skin of the forest +3	(LEAT14.ITM) has incorrect enchantement value (+4, should be +3) and incorrect AC in desc (3 should be 2 -> barkskin)

- Belt of Inertial Barrier (BELT10.ITM) some effects of inertial barrier (BELT10B.ITM)
  do not have any durations where other have 7, what is the effective duration ?
  (because as there is a protection opcode from same spell for the next 6s, i think all should have 7 ?)

Edited by ptifab
50 minutes ago, ptifab said:

After playing with Near Inifinity for quite some time now, i have to report some bugs i found during my items and spells examination :

- Arrow of Biting (AROW05.ITM) has wrong flag add strength bonus (0) in its ranged header, should be none

- Shazzelim +1 (SW1H50.ITM) has wrong saving throw vs. slay opcode. Description says it's vs. death while it's vs. spell in ressource.

- Periapt of Proof against Poison (AMUL22.ITM) has missing protection from spells opcodes (FL#GMUM etc. or maybe this is not needed anymore ?)

- Periapt of Form Stability (AMUL24.ITM) has incorrect opcode 206 : Protection from Cold SPPR519.SPL
and is missing its display portrait icon: protection from petrification

- Stonefire +2 (AX1H12.ITM) has a hidden 146 opcode in its melee header : 15% chance fire cast spell (DVFLBRST.SPL)
wich does 3d6 fire explosion damage in a zone

- Daystar +4 (SW1H31.ITM) has incorrect weight of 3 (should be 4 -> longsword or maybe this is  intentional ?))

- Control Cirlet (MISC9X.ITM) has a spelling error (control cirlet should be control cirClet)

- Spear of the Unicorn (SPER07.ITM) has incorrect weight of 3 (should be 5 or maybe this is intentional ?)

- Staff of the Earth +2	(STAF16.ITM) has wrong savingthrow description. It says it has -2 penalty when there's no malus in spell code (DVSHAKE.SPL)

- Celestial Fury (SW1H51.ITM) has missing probabilities in some of its effects in melee header. Opcode 215 and 174 should have probability1 set to 14 

- Carsomyr +4 and +5 (SW2H10 / 19.ITM) have incorrect cast spell resource in magical header (SPPR327.SPL, should be SPPR326.SPL)

- Wand of Ligntning	(WAND07.ITM) The ''save vs wand at -4 neg. half'' <- should be : ''save vs wand at -4 penalty half''

- Skin of the forest +3	(LEAT14.ITM) has incorrect enchantement value (+4, should be +3) and incorrect AC in desc (3 should be 2 -> barkskin)

- Belt of Inertial Barrier (BELT10.ITM) some effects of inertial barrier (BELT10B.ITM)
  do not have any durations where other have 7, what is the effective duration ?
  (because as there is a protection opcode from same spell for the next 6s, i think all should have 7 ?)

Lots of good stuff there.

• Arrow of Biting: Fixed.
  • Shazzelim: Fixed.
  • Stonefire: Fixed.
  • Control Circlet: Fixed.
  • Staff of Earth: Fixed.

• Daystar: The slightly lighter weight *seems* to be intentional, based on it being that way in the description as well as lighter than other long swords in vanilla.
  • Periapt of Poison Protection: FL#GMUM? Sounds mod-added, likely why it isn't in there. Wouldn't be a big deal to add it to prevent hit animations (shouldn't do damage regardless if it's actually poison, since the amulet grants 100% resistance), but what's it from?
  • Periapt of Form Stability: It's intentional to not give it the "Protection from Petrification" portrait icon - similarly, Periapt of Life Protection does not give either the Death Ward or Negative Plane Protection portrait icons. I'm not one hundred percent if this is the correct decision (after all, at one point, I had decided to add them), but there are pros and cons either way you go. The Protection from Cold bit: nice spot, this is supposed to protect against Druids' Polymorph Other from SR, but it'll have to be done through patching instead due to dynamic resource name changes.
  • Spear of the Unicorn: Similar to Daystar, lesser weight may be intended - but the description is wrong, so I wrote 3 in there as well.
  • Celestial Fury: I think the current behavior is correct. I think the 215 and 174 effects are not for the 15% chance of lightning damage, but rather the DVTHCLAP spell that plays with every hit. Those effects should probably instead be in the DVTHCLAP spell, though, but it ultimately does not matter except for neatness purposes.
  • Carsomyr: Victim to a similar problem as Periapt of Form Stability protecting against Protection from Cold - resource names for spells can change, so I'll have to make sure to patch it correctly.
  • Wand of Lightning: The current style is...correct, I use "neg. half" for all such types of spells and effects across IRR and SRR, but...I'm thinking about it, and I'm not sure why, since just saying "half" means the same thing but is shorter. Might change that globally.
  • Skin of the Forest: Corrected the enchantment level (though I think it makes no actual functional difference for armor?) and consequently lowered the required lore by 10 points as well (the price is already roughly correct). The listed AC is correct as well (well, it's correct if it says 5, which is what my game lists it as, and not the 3 you reported above). When listing "Armor Class" for armor, it refers to the base AC of the item type only - similarly, you'll find that e.g. Mithral Full Plate Mail +2 only lists the Armor Class as -1, even though the Mithral property would actually make it -2. I am unsure of the wisdom of this practice.
  • Belt of Inertial Barrier: Some of the slow effects not having correct durations has been fixed, but otherwise: it's confusing, but I *think* it woks correctly. Basically, the idea is that it fires off BELT10A, which then fires off BELT10B every second in order to catch anyone entering the aura area of effect, but then BELT10B protects against itself for 6 seconds in order to prevent the slow from stacking multiple times. Aura-effects stink.

Thanks for all the input and investigation!

Edited by Bartimaeus
13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:
  • Periapt of Form Stability: It's intentional to not give it the "Protection from Petrification" portrait icon - similarly, Periapt of Life Protection does not give either the Death Ward or Negative Plane Protection portrait icons. I'm not one hundred percent if this is the correct decision (after all, at one point, I had decided to add them), but there are pros and cons either way you go. The Protection from Cold bit: nice spot, this is supposed to protect against Druids' Polymorph Other from SR, but it'll have to be done through patching instead due to dynamic resource name changes.

As some one that played for quite a while with the Anthology Tweak that removes all icons from equipment and now is playing without that component I much prefer icons for a couple reasons:

Baldur's Gate is the type of RPG that is all about pre-buffing (not a huge fan of this but it is what it is). Every time I rest and proceed to prebuff it's so much easier to visually see who has what buff. It's a pain in the ass with, for example aid, to keep track of who has it and who doesn't need it based on the fact the spell doesn't have an icon. Every time I'm going to buff I need to do a little mental gymnastics trying to remember who needs death ward and who doesn't, who needs chaotic commands and who doesn't, who needs freedom of movement and who doesn't based on their current gear loadout that I then have to proceed to go into their inventory and right click on a lot of items. Is it doable? Of course, just a little of a pain in the ass. Maybe since I'm scared brained it's worse for me but I even forgot that Lilacor has charm protection and I've been wasting some of my chaotic commands on it's user.

I would KILL for a feature that would allow me to mouse over an enemy and see all their buffs, or even just print in the chat log all their buffs. With so many of them and how reliant this game seems to be on buff management having your character portrait have very rarely just a few less icons doesn't seem to solve anything since half your portrait will be filled with buff anyway for other stuff.

I think it might help with clarity as well. At the beginning I wasn't supper clear on weather or not a shield or a weapon that says "Immune to Charm" would protect me from just Charm or would it also work with Dominate? I would imagine that a lot of people very familiar with the engine understand that charm effects are all the same, but this rule is broken often with stuff like Invisibility vs Improved Invisibility or all the tiers of spell protections.

That's just my opinion though.

...I am generally a supporter of function and usability over anything else, and from that perspective, it only makes sense to add them, especially since there are other mods to mass remove them if a person wants. The one I am most leery about is Periapt of Life Protection, but in my brain, I'm going to sort of just consider the Death Ward and Negative Plane Protection portrait icons as "Protection from Death" and "Protection from Level Drain" respectively instead.

Funny that you bring up Charm/Domination, since I always thought it was weird the Domination spells don't mention that they're actually just charms as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

...I am generally a supporter of function and usability over anything else, and from that perspective, it only makes sense to add them, especially since there are other mods to mass remove them if a person wants. The one I am most leery about is Periapt of Life Protection, but in my brain, I'm going to sort of just consider the Death Ward and Negative Plane Protection portrait icons as "Protection from Death" and "Protection from Level Drain" respectively instead.

Funny that you bring up Charm/Domination, since I always thought it was weird the Domination spells don't mention that they're actually just charms as well.

I mean... Is there a mechanical difference between "Death Ward" the spell effect and "Protection from Death" or "Negative Plane Protection" and "Protection from Level Drain"? or "Chaotic Commands" vs "Protection from Charm and Confusion".

15 hours ago, NdranC said:

I would KILL for a feature that would allow me to mouse over an enemy and see all their buffs, or even just print in the chat log all their buffs. With so many of them and how reliant this game seems to be on buff management having your character portrait have very rarely just a few less icons doesn't seem to solve anything since half your portrait will be filled with buff anyway for other stuff.

I think @Bubb had toyed with it during his EEex dev', maybe he could do it ?

6 hours ago, Azoth said:

This feature is already in EEex. It needs to be set to True in the ini.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1110462#Comment_1110462

OMG, where has this been all my life. What an amazing work. I really like the new take on the spell menu as well.

fffffffffffffffffff......... it's windows only at the moment. *cries*. Maybe I should switch bg to wine and see if that works.

5 hours ago, Salk said:

Bartimaeus,

do you think it might be good to contact Gwendolyne who is updating 1PP for a new official version?

It may be possible to integrate your 1PP compatibility fixes into it.

We talked months ago and I gave him a list of my fixes, compatibility updates, and debatable improvements/changes. I don't know what he all decided on doing, but he was aware, so whatever's in there is likely what he wants the definitive version to be. Once I've seen what he's all done, I'm most likely going to create my own separate mod to install on top of 1pp's changes in order to apply some of the more debatable stuff that didn't make it without having to do the whole "replace files" thing again, especially since I did a huge item color update recently to fix some of what I considered to be the most incorrect colors for items. I'll be glad to have at least one thing I've done be totally separate from the original mod, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I think there might be a slight inconsistency between the effect of the spell Reflected Image and the Cloak of Mirroring. The spell claims that if the image is lost you will only get a new one on the next round automatically. The cloak makes it sound you only get an image after getting hit preceded by a dazzling effect that almost sounds like it blinds? I didn't test any of this, just highlighting the description inconsistency just in case. Maybe it's intentional.

1 hour ago, NdranC said:

I think there might be a slight inconsistency between the effect of the spell Reflected Image and the Cloak of Mirroring. The spell claims that if the image is lost you will only get a new one on the next round automatically. The cloak makes it sound you only get an image after getting hit preceded by a dazzling effect that almost sounds like it blinds? I didn't test any of this, just highlighting the description inconsistency just in case. Maybe it's intentional.

Flavor text, don't pay it any mind. However, this is a good opportunity to fix its aura-like effect in the same way I fixed Shield of Falling Stars...

On 7/31/2020 at 2:08 AM, Salk said:

Bartimaeus,

do you think it might be good to contact Gwendolyne who is updating 1PP for a new official version?

It may be possible to integrate your 1PP compatibility fixes into it.

My response over there duplicated here:

Some comments:

• Core v2 component: Cool, seems like you've added virtually all of my fixes and changes from my 1pp_fixes, with the exceptions of Roranach's Horn, Short Bow +3, and Mithral Field Plate. That's like...17/20, I can live with that.
  • Projectiles: Fixed the bolt06 and bolt09 bugs, IR compatibility for throwing axes and dagger, plus an attempt at fixing SR's & IR's Protection from Missiles/Physical Mirror stuff (the last one will prove problematic for me, but I can fix it after the fact). There's no patching of SR's dvenbolt, dvenarow, or dvenbull - they're all duplicates of the +3 projectiles.
  • Spell Tweaks: Looks like you got everything, although with a radical rewrite of how I did it. Probably for the best.

Core v4 component:

1. Optional Sleeper conversion, you left Deflection Shield as a tower shield because I suppose it is as well in BG2EE, left HELM13 as its unspiked appearance and left HELM15 as its unhorned appearance (presumably validating EE changes)...all understandable.
  2. No support for IR's variants of throwing axes/daggers in this one - may want to add that, especially since you already did in the projectiles component. Also, IR hammer variants compatibility as well.
  3. You are still letting 1pp patch dagg21 and dagg22 (Dagger of the Stars) for the Shadow Thief icon that you have disabled it from installing - the colors will be wrong as a result.
  4. Borok's Fist/Runehammer: BG2EE is really weird about this, it has HAMM03, HAMM05, HAMM10, and HAMM11 all set to that green-looking hammer icon (though HAMM03 is using the original variant instead of the rest where the contrast was just jacked up to make it look different). What are they doing? Still not an ideal situation here even with the switch (there are other icons that can be used to prevent these duplicates!), but I suppose it makes sense if you're just trying to validate according to the EEs.
  5. xbow15/16 (Firetooth +4/+5) should get location wpink set (IMO, with gradient 19), otherwise it would appear the Firetooths are shooting blue bolts on the character paperdoll, which seems like a clear oversight.
  6. No support for BGT's bgmisc89 (Edwin's Amulet).
  7. I think Rashad's Talon and Belm have opposite colorizations, if I'm recalling correctly.
  8. Seems like you got most of my other fixes besides a few other minor and highly debatable things. Cool - thanks for the big rewrite!

A couple of suggestions:

• Additional linebreaks in between options in the config.ini. It's confusing to read the description and then try to figure out whether the option was above or below the description, especially when some of the settings have very similar names - just put an additional empty linebreak in between each option.
  • Set gem lore to disabled by default. Placed into an automated install, mass amounts of gems needing to be identified is virtually guaranteed to annoy most people that get stuck with it not realizing it was the default setting (and it wasn't the default in the original installer, not even if you selected the "let the installer auto-configure everything" option).

/end duplicate

He integrated most of my fixes from when I sent them to him months ago. There are some things that are oddly missing that I pointed out above, and some other things not so oddly missing that I might just roll into IRR and SRR (including a large quantity of color fixes). I am unsure how I am going to handle that, though. If I made it so that all of 1pp (except for the avatar switching script) was supposed to be installed before IRR and SRR and then both just patch themselves to be correct upon detecting an EE or 1pp installation, would that be an issue for you? I know you like your BG1-style shields, but I don't remember the exact details of when or how you install them or whether that'd mess with anything.

Edited by Bartimaeus