IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

7 hours ago, saroumana said:

I have make a new install a week ago with the IR_Revised-master of 08/15/2020. I respected the installation order of first post without 1pp. I have a classic bg2, not an EE.

The game crash when i equip a short bow. After investigation, and help, i found IR installed the 1pp script (1pp.tpa). Bow.itm got changed theirs ground icons and equiped apparence to BS(short bow which don't exist without 1pp).

Is 1pp a mandatory now ?

It's highly recommended for non-EE games, but should not be mandatory, per se. I made a ton of checks to make sure other stuff wouldn't break, but I guess I missed that! I have fixed it in the latest repository version (V1.3.203 should be the version number) if you want to try that - sorry for the trouble.

On 7/21/2017 at 2:53 PM, Bartimaeus said:

V1.3.200 Download: github. If you are a MacOS user, please PM if you have difficulties getting this to work, as MacOS can sometimes work differently than Windows.

Installation of Item Revisions Revised:

To install this, you must extract the latest official version of IR (V4b10 - or have an automated tool do it for you) to your game directory as normal, and then additionally extract this mod on top of it before installing IR. Specifically, my item_rev folder should overwrite the normal item_rev folder - yes, confirm to overwrite folders as well as all files it asks you to. Make sure to look at your settings.ini in your item_rev directory! I personally do not like general damage reductions for armors, but I know other people do, and so you should look at the options to get the most of what you want.

Installation Order and 1pp/IR/SR:

The general install order is first everything you want to install of 1pp except for the avatar-switching component (which should not be installed until much later in the install after all item-adding mods, including IR, have already been installed - after SCS/atweaks/Infinity Animations is my suggestion), the main component of SR/R, and then the main component of IR/R. Enhanced Edition players do not need to worry about 1pp - it's already integrated into your game and doesn't need installation.

Your general install order (excluding ToBEx/BG2 Fixpack/BGT/1pp if you're playing an Enhanced Edition game) should look something like this:

1. ToBEx
  2. BG2 Fixpack
  3. Baldur's Gate Trilogy
  4. Ascension
  5. Unfinished Business
  6. Quest Pack
  7. Rogue Rebalancing
  8. 1pp
  9. Item Revisions (main component)
  10. Spell Revisions (main component)
  11. Infinity Animations (main component)
  12. Anthology Tweaks
  13. Sword Coast Stratagems
  14. atweaks
  15. Infinity Animations (secondary components)
  16. Item Revisions (secondary components)
  17. Spell Revisions (secondary components)

Spoiler

Generalized Change Log:

1. Fixed numerous bugs, including certain item abilities erroneously triggering the Cowled Wizards (such as Albruin's Faerie Fire ability), some abilities erroneously not granting saves when they should (or the opposite), a couple of compatibility problems between IR and SR (IR's Shambling Mound overwriting SR's, for example), some items having the totally wrong effects for their descriptions (Cernd's items, Aeger's Hide, the Boots of Elvenkind, etc.), a bunch of missing effect portrait icons, and various other problems (including others not listed that I don't remember anymore).
2. Spell Revision-izing items. There are various items that have equipped effects and special abilities that did not quite match up with Spell Revisions: now they do. If you do not use SR, it is still compatible without it, but a few abilities may behave slightly differently than what you might expect, but should overall function much the same.
3. Various items have minor tweaks. Virtually every item (besides maybe just a handful) effectively works the same as it was in standard IR, but may be tweaked just a little for balance/usability reasons. I will eventually try to compile a list of such tweaks (now done in the post directly below this one). I am also open to reverting any such tweaks, or implementing new ones based on feedback.
4. Text clean up. The text file for items has been cleaned up and excised of typos, oversights, and hopefully most issues in general. The latest version of IR already uses some of my text revisions (it was integrated some months ago), but this takes it a little step further in attempting to make the text as clean and consistent as possible. As a result of this, the mod is currently not compatible with other languages besides English, as I do not have the ability to update in languages I do not know. If you wish to help me update language files, however, please send me a PM. For now, languages besides English have been disabled. :(
5. New items are handled by IRR, most notably Aegis-fang +3 (including a new unique icon), (Regis') Ruby Pendant of Beguiling, Jade Hound Figurine, Moon Dog Figurine, Tree of Life Fruit, Shakti Warrior Figurine, the Golem Tomes, World's Edge +3 (an unused BG1 Two-Handed Sword +3), the Holy Symbols, the Pantaloon Quest items, and the unused BG2 special edition items (note: currently some items are Joluv-only, which means you have to install a bonus merchant-enabling component from a mod like Tweak Anthology for the time being). I have attempted to handle these items in much the same way IR does, but feedback is, of course, welcome.
6. Greater compatibility with 1ppv4 and the Enhanced Editions (read directly below!), as well as probably some other stuff that I don't remember doing yet. I will continue to update this post as appropriate.

Compatibility for 1ppv4 and the Enhanced Editions:

Original Games: For non-EE installs, this version of the mod is intended for use with 1ppv4, which you can download here off of Spellhold Studios, though it is not required. You can use any combination of 1pp components as you please, or none at all if you don't care for 1PP. This version of IR has been stripped of almost all 1pp changes (as IR was based on an old version of 1PP that was not compatible whatsoever with the latest version of 1pp, hence why the current official version of IR is not compatible with it). If you do not know what 1PP is, it is a big collection of graphical updates, including to item and spell icons, paperdolls, sprites, spell effects, UI, etc. aimed at making the game look cleaner, more varied, and, well, simply better. If you're unsure about installing it, I would seriously suggest downloading it and looking through its readme for getting a better understanding of its changes (which are pretty modular). If you install 1pp with IRR, please note that you should install it after IRR, not before. You will not get any of the sweet item graphical improvements of 1PP if you do not follow this, and items will, for the most part, instead look like vanilla's. Keep reading below for a better understanding of a proper installation order and for use with the BWP/BWS.

Enhanced Editions: IR Revised is also (as of about version 1.11) intended for use with the Enhanced Editions (which includes most of 1pp's content), and will restore many graphical features that the latest version of IR disables (e.g. bastard swords and short bows animations, the general looks of EE helms and shields, as well as additional staves animations). Please note that things are likely not perfect yet - testing is very much welcome to iron out any inconsistencies.

Known Issues with 1PP:

1. The Sleeper +2 is supposed to be a morning star and 1PP instead makes it look like a flail, and also overwrites its description.
2. Deflection Shield +1 looks like a tower shield (note: should...mostly otherwise act like it should).
3. Daystar and Albruin have their graphics switched for no apparent reason.
4. Helm of the Rock (unupgraded) does not have the correct paperdoll/sprite animations due to a wrong file patch (it should be using the "winged helm" look like the upgraded Helm of the Rock, but instead uses the "horned helm" look like Shadow Veil).
5. Similarly, the Gold Horned Helm should be using the "horned helm" look, but instead uses the basic helm animation.
6. Like above, Bolt +3 does not get its unique projectile animation.
7. Radiant Plate +2's description and name are overwritten by 1PP (but it otherwise acts as it should).
8. Projectiles not always being deflected like in Spell Revisions' Protection from Missiles spell.
9. Cleric's "Cause Wound"-type spells being overwritten when using Spell Revisions.
10. Energy Blade's loses its unique icon for Black Blade of Disaster's.
11. Boomerang Dagger does not have the correct icon (and instead has Dagger of Venom's).

I have these problems fixed in my own patched installer of 1PP, and if you want it, you can find it here. Installs very much the same way as IRR does, as you need to have 1pp already extracted into your game directory and then drop this patched installer on top of and overwriting it. Unnecessary for Enhanced Edition games, as IRR already patches everything to the default choices that the EE games use.

Hello,

Just to round it out :

• Assume NPC mods should go right before #5 (Unfinished)?
  • Assume other quest mods should go with #5?
  • Assume Song & Silence should go before #7?
Edited by Chitown Willie

@Chitown Willie 1. I'm not a hundred percent sure (especially since I don't use NPC mods), but my assumption from looking at other people's weidu.logs is that NPC mods *usually* go between more like #6 (Quest Pack) and #7 (RR) - it's a very slight difference, but basically, they're usually after mainstay content (or encounter-changing) mods like UB and Quest Pack but before mechanic-changing mods like RR, IR, and SR. Usually. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! I don't think it'll make a big difference either way to be honest since the two categories don't much tread on each other's toes unless there are very specific incompatibilities involved.

2. Yeah, I'd say so for other quest mods.

3. I think Song and Silence specifically should actually go immediately after RR? I think. I don't know the reasons for why, again just remembering what I've seen of other people's weidu.logs.

Yes generally (generally) it's quest mods, NPC mods, item & spell mods, rule-tweaks mods.  Over here is the mod order I am currently using.  I don't have all of that installed, and that's just one ordering out of many possible ones.  But for the mods I have installed, it's working out well for me so far.

I have S&S thief kits installed currently.  I installed them immediately before RR, and it seems to be working fine.  (Might work fine to install them afterward, too... but here's one data point anyway suggesting that S&S->RR works well.)

Edited by subtledoctor
On 8/11/2020 at 12:13 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Note that IRR places the Horn of Kazgaroth as well - the lich Deril holds it (following Almateria's Restoration Project's lead). So you'll have duplicates of both, and no Helm of Balduran. Oh well! :p Also, I got confused - Sword of Chaos +2 isn't part of the importing process, but Mail of the Dead +2 is, of course, considered the default option for the second list of items.

Just killed both Deril and the lich - no Horn dropped. WTF.

Guest Boo Is Overrated

Hi Bartimaeus, I searched the forum and I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. There's no Item Revisions update or related mod that rebalances the new BG2EE items, is there? Meaning the new Neera/Hexxat/Rasaad etc. items.

I can't play without Spell Rev & Item Rev now, and the EE items stick out like a sore thumb. I also play with a few of the best user-mods for the new content, and my solution there was to write a little mod that just removes every overpowered item as I discover them (and I emasculate every new store by multiplying their selling prices by 100,000).

I may treat the EE items the same way, but I thought I'd check if someone knowledgeable has balanced them. I could easily revise them myself, but one of my favorite things about Item Rev is that someone else made the decisions. So no biases knowing my specific play style preferences and it feels more fair that way.

Spell Rev's limiting Invisibility 10' Radius to one turn instead of 8 hours completely changed the way I play, for example, and I like that revision was forced on me.

This was the last thing I found:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/25424-bg1bgee-items/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-231864

6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

You killed the creature known as "Deril Lich", aka CEDELICH? I just installed IRR onto a BG2EE game and it is on him, but I'm not super knowledgeable about the different paths this quest can take.

Ok i just want to make sure we are talking about the same lich :) I killed the one involved in Cernd baby quest (the mage Deril and lich in his home named Lagole Gon. 

2 hours ago, pochesun said:

Ok i just want to make sure we are talking about the same lich :) I killed the one involved in Cernd baby quest (the mage Deril and lich in his home named Lagole Gon. 

For the time being, use C:CreateItem("MISC73") to create the Horn in your inventory. It seems as though there might be a mix-up on the creature resources - I'm adding it to CEDELICH.cre aka "Lich Deril" which is what Almateria's does (or at least did in the past), while Lagole Gon is actually CELICH.cre. I'll have to go through the quest and see when CEDELICH.cre is used vs. when CELICH.cre is.

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

For the time being, use C:CreateItem("MISC73") to create the Horn in your inventory. It seems as though there might be a mix-up on the creature resources - I'm adding it to CEDELICH.cre aka "Lich Deril" which is what Almateria's does (or at least did in the past), while Lagole Gon is actually CELICH.cre. I'll have to go through the quest and see when CEDELICH.cre is used vs. when CELICH.cre is.

Can i add Horn with eekeeper or it is safer and better to do it via console?

Edited by pochesun
4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Practically, it makes no difference, but I don't like to use EE/Shadowkeeper because it has a tendency to re-arrange how the character files are structured, but unless you're nutso OCD like me, it should make no difference.

Gotcha, thx.

Also i wanted to ask you about item importing system. I personally prefer when i dont need to worry what i should bring from BG1 to BG2 and from SoD to BG2. IR solves the issue with BG1 items by allocating them throughout the BG2 game. But what about SoD items? If SoD items are not automatically allocated by IR in BG2 can i suggest to include those in BG2 the same way IR does it with BG1 items? Basically i suggest to auto include all SoD items available for import in BG2.

Edited by pochesun

IR/R does not touch them (nor the third list of items imported that BG2EE uses - the item you get from Malaaq). While that is a perfectly fine idea, you'd need someone that has a good grasp over their abilities and well-balanced/fitting locations to place them. That person is unfortunately not me, not being familiar with either EE items/locations/creatures.

1 hour ago, pochesun said:

Also i wanted to ask you about item importing system. I personally prefer when i dont need to worry what i should bring from BG1 to BG2 and from SoD to BG2. IR solves the issue with BG1 items by allocating them throughout the BG2 game. But what about SoD items? If SoD items are not automatically allocated by IR in BG2 can i suggest to include those in BG2 the same way IR does it with BG1 items? Basically i suggest to auto include all SoD items available for import in BG2.

SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade may be exactly what you're looking for.

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Practically, it makes no difference, but I don't like to use EE/Shadowkeeper because it has a tendency to re-arrange how the character files are structured, but unless you're nutso OCD like me, it should make no difference.

Not just you being OCD - some of my more complicated mods store info in character files that EEKeeper actually screws up.  I can't figure out what 'Keeper actually does, or  why, or whether/how I can code around it.  It annoys the life out of me.