Jump to content

IR Revised V1.3.200 (2020 August 22nd)


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

only + 2 movement rate if you keep +1 AC.

This is actually the best idea I've heard yet for the Boots of Speed.  Maybe tone the speed boost way down.  Maybe do the same thing for Haste, and then the "omg too much speed stacking" problem goes away.

Link to post
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

This is actually the best idea I've heard yet for the Boots of Speed.  Maybe tone the speed boost way down.  Maybe do the same thing for Haste, and then the "omg too much speed stacking" problem goes away.

About haste (level3) , I make him to affect only one creature and it works like a charm.( it doesn't mess with SCS because SCS don't use it ofen) 

==> I complain for 10 years that haste (level3) is the most powerfull spell in BG...  (web level 2 in second position)

Edited by DrAzTiK
Link to post
On 10/2/2020 at 12:15 AM, DrAzTiK said:

I have juste finished a   a BG2 game and  I would like to give some feedbacks about 2 or 3 things


1- Some potions witch are lasting 5 turns looks too much powerfull   (considering they are indispellable) 
-all potions of strength. ( no need to invest points on strenght on character creation anymore..)
- potions of absorption  ( resistance to damage is quite exploitable) . EDIT : last only one turn so It is ok. ( I thought it was 5 turn duration) 
-potion of defense. (not sure about this one  but I find this potion quite powerfull)
-potion of vocalize : 5 turns O_o =  it makes silence quite useless Imo

===> all vanilla arcane spells giving similar bonus are short duration ones and are dispellables.

2- the price of arcane scrolls shoudl be revisited ( for buy and sell) because there are too much expensive . I mean to pay  9000 po for a level 9 arcane scroll is too much expensive when you can ofen  find it in a barrel. 


Also it is quit easy to make a lot of cash by selling arcanes scrolls. 

I find wands quite expensive also..  

3- boots of speed : no need +1 AC Imo considering bonus to speed is the best thing you can have in BG.  or only + 2 movement rate if you keep +1 AC.

 

4- Flame of the north + 2 : I don't know but only 1D4 cold damage looks so sad for a two handed weapons. 

5- Bala axe : I am note sure to understand this weapon. Is it a magical one or not ? 

 

Overall, it was again a great experience to play with this mod ^^

 

Edit : greenstome amlet is also quite convenient ....

Kinda agree about potions of strength, but to a certain extent. By the end of my previous BG 2 game (excluding Throne of Bhaal) it felt that there were quite enough potions of strenght that i could use. I say make them cost much more in stores but leave 5 turns for the duration.

Dont agree about potion of defense - the potion is quite rare and the effect does not stack with many other effects. Imho no need to change.

Potion of absorbtion is fine as it is.

Potion of Vocalize - kinda agree. Though the potion is relatively rare, 5 turns is super long, equals 1 long fight and totaly negates silence -  a bit too powerful. Not sure how to deal with it - up to mod creator.

Absolutely disagree with scrolls price change: a scroll of powerful spell can turn a difficult battle into a trifle tiff. Personally i would increase prices for some of scrolls, definitely not reduce them.  (I find nothing wrong finding 9 level scroll in a barrel couple of meters from dead dragon body :) )

I am both hands for change of boots of speed : "only + 2 movement rate if you keep +1 AC."

 

 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, pochesun said:

Kinda agree about potions of strength, but to a certain extent. By the end of my previous BG 2 game (excluding Throne of Bhaal) it felt that there were quite enough potions of strenght that i could use. I say make them cost much more in stores but leave 5 turns for the duration.

Dont agree about potion of defense - the potion is quite rare and the effect does not stack with many other effects. Imho no need to change.

Potion of absorbtion is fine as it is.

Potion of Vocalize - kinda agree. Though the potion is relatively rare, 5 turns is super long, equals 1 long fight and totaly negates silence -  a bit too powerful. Not sure how to deal with it - up to mod creator.

Absolutely disagree with scrolls price change: a scroll of powerful spell can turn a difficult battle into a trifle tiff. Personally i would increase prices for some of scrolls, definitely not reduce them.  (I find nothing wrong finding 9 level scroll in a barrel couple of meters from dead dragon body :) )

I am both hands for change of boots of speed : "only + 2 movement rate if you keep +1 AC."

 

 

 

Maybe I am wrong but potion of defense stack with all others defensive effect.

As for me I have tweaked ribald store ( and some others merchants) to provide unlimited potions and ammunitions... It make things less frustrating and the price is enough to avoid some powergaming gameplay. ((IMO)

But even in you play without my tweak , I am not sure  rarity is a good criterium to assign the price/power because potions/ammunitions/scrolls remains "standard" items in one sense.

I think the store revision component should be revisited a bit to give unlimited potions and ammunition to some merchants . ( or we can make it an optional component )

here is my store revision file inspired by Ardanis  one  that I use if anyone is curious about it. (with no item reallocation for a better compatibility with item randomiser/SCS) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cvy1tUXSCI_Zo3z8YGBQ9vlMSwrYoNGg/view?usp=sharing

To summurise :

- Ribald have infinite stack of all potions

-peter the fletcher get infinite stack of ammunitions

- one merchant in drow city have infinite stack of all potions

- the dwergar merchant in underdark have illimited stack of ammunition (special store)

- Lazarus Librarus get infinite stock of ammunitions/potions

-remove some duplicate items (boot of speed/rinf of fire)

-add just a few convenient items and Bg1 items to some merchants: road of resurrection, cloak of balduran

(to do list : tweak also some merchants in BG1 to have more or less the same possibility)

Link to post
1 hour ago, DrAzTiK said:

Maybe I am wrong but potion of defense stack with all others defensive effect.

As for me I have tweaked ribald store ( and some others merchants) to provide unlimited potions and ammunitions... It make things less frustrating and the price is enough to avoid some powergaming gameplay. ((IMO)

But even in you play without my tweak , I am not sure  rarity is a good criterium to assign the price/power because potions/ammunitions/scrolls remains "standard" items in one sense.

I think the store revision component should be revisited a bit to give unlimited potions and ammunition to some merchants . ( or we can make it an optional component )

here is my store revision file inspired by Ardanis  one  that I use if anyone is curious about it. (with no item reallocation for a better compatibility with item randomiser/SCS) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cvy1tUXSCI_Zo3z8YGBQ9vlMSwrYoNGg/view?usp=sharing

To summurise :

- Ribald have infinite stack of all potions

-peter the fletcher get infinite stack of ammunitions

- one merchant in drow city have infinite stack of all potions

- the dwergar merchant in underdark have illimited stack of ammunition (special store)

- Lazarus Librarus get infinite stock of ammunitions/potions

-remove some duplicate items (boot of speed/rinf of fire)

-add just a few convenient items and Bg1 items to some merchants: road of resurrection, cloak of balduran

(to do list : tweak also some merchants in BG1 to have more or less the same possibility)

I am pretty sure potion of defense does not stack with shield spell, and at least 2 cleric spells (defense harmony possibly and something else, cant remember now). I am pretty sure there are more, i just cant recall them now.

Well, i really dont like infinite store supplies and 100% hate infinite potion supplies. It does not make much sense it terms of overall gameplay and makes the game more like a version of diablo. 

I was thinking about Flame of the North +2, do you think it should be changed to something like d6? Anyway while @Bartimaeus is on hiatus i will try to think over some other suggestions for possible changes. My last run was so fun, i am planning to do next one in couple of weeks, hopefully @Bartimaeus is back by that time and manages to fix the bugs and maybe do some tweaking :) 

Link to post

  Hi, great job with this revision of the IR mod. I just started a new BGEE game  with the  IR Revised mod and I just realized that "light Crossbow" and " Heavy Crossbow" have Speed Factor : 1 ... too fast  ( see attached pictures) . Is it possible to fix this?   Thanks  

lightcrosbow.jpg

heavycrwossbow.jpg

Link to post
2 hours ago, Samiel said:

  Hi, great job with this revision of the IR mod. I just started a new BGEE game  with the  IR Revised mod and I just realized that "light Crossbow" and " Heavy Crossbow" have Speed Factor : 1 ... too fast  ( see attached pictures) . Is it possible to fix this?   Thanks 

No. See the speed factor of a weapon is only one thing, the other is it's usage. I would say that a crossbow today does have a speed factor of 1, just pulling a trigger.. but you need to reload it after you haphazardly fired it at thge bird, which could take a long time to rearm the thing, which is why the weapon has a low fire rate.

-Credit for this contribution goes to someone else that said something alike it.

Link to post
19 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

No. See the speed factor of a weapon is only one thing, the other is it's usage. I would say that a crossbow today does have a speed factor of 1, just pulling a trigger.. but you need to reload it after you haphazardly fired it at thge bird, which could take a long time to rearm the thing, which is why the weapon has a low fire rate.

-Credit for this contribution goes to someone else that said something alike it.

I see, it totally makes sense !  thanks for the clarification

Link to post
Guest TotoR

Hi Bartimaeus,

Thanks for you update, it's working like a charm. However, I have experienced 2 strange things:

1. BELT13 (holy Symbol of Helm) is not usable by a neutral cleric.
2. The ground BAM of all short bows are no more GBOW02 when installing IRR v1.3.200

Anyway, thank you for your time on this mod; it makes the overall game more interesting.

Link to post
Guest TotoR

Hi Bartimaeus,

Thanks for you update, it's working like a charm. However, I have experienced 2 strange things:

1. BELT13 (holy Symbol of Helm) is not usable by a neutral cleric.
2. The ground BAM of all short bows are no more GBOW02 when installing IRR v1.3.200

Anyway, thank you for your time on this mod; it makes the overall game more interesting.

Link to post

 

On 9/2/2020 at 10:04 AM, NdranC said:

It's been a while but I have a couple more updates.

I like what was done to the Ring of Kangaxx. It's a lot more thematically fitting BUT it's also a little disappointing to find "x3 per day Larloch's Minor Drain" on it. It's a weak level 1 spell on the ring of THE ultimate Demi Lich. My suggestion would be maybe "x1 per day Larloch's Energy Drain". Not really an amazing spell anyway and to me it seems a little more fitting that you would find both a level 7 and 9 necromancer spell on the ring.

Now implemented. Ring of Kangaxx loses its Minor Drains and Finger of Death in exchange for SRR's improved Energy Drain (with the -4 saving throw death effect). I considered adding a second ability like Spirit Armor or Summon Shadows (or maybe Animate Warrior), but decided against it for now.

Horn of Kazgaroth: I finally was able to take some time to investigate this and figured out that it's not Deril who has the horn, but rather Lagole Gon, Deril's lich compatriot who's inducting him into lichdom. So you would need to either attack Lagole Gon (probably the good route anyways, since he's clearly and visibly a lich) or pickpocket it from him (...on the other hand, you would need to fight two major spellcasters at once, since this guy will disappear immediately upon the death of Deril, IIRC - yikes!). I don't remember who was trying to get me to investigate this, but I think this is as intended more or less.

@pochesun

Belt of Inertial Barrier: I did not take close enough of a look at this when I last attempted to fix it, the way this was setup was all weird, so I've made it much more similar to the Shield Others aura (hopefully more reliable).

Cloak of Displacement: Yes, items that have a "NOTE: [effect] does not stack with [spell]" warning are exploitable in that you can cast the spell with which it is not supposed to stack first, then equip the item. Nothing I can do about that, but also, it's not something I'd particularly like to advertise, :p.

Shield Others: Speaking of, I also made this tick faster (instead of once every round, it'll attempt to cast it once every second, so if you get close to a particular character, it should hopefully give them the buff more or less immediately instead of potentially having to wait an entire round).

@DrAzTiK

Potion of Speed: Fixed, no longer dispellable.

Potion of Energy Shielding: I am not sure what portrait icon this should have, if any. Perhaps I'm blanking out here, though: suggestions?

Potion of Vocalize: That's kind of the idea, actually. Silence is a "gotcha" for spellcasters (particularly mages) that makes them as good as dead (if it's the player that successfully casts it on an enemy) or completely useless (if it's cast on the player). Consider that Death Ward lasts for 1 turn/level, and that death effects are a similar sort of "gotcha" kind of effect. I especially want Potions of Vocalize to be an effective option for clerics, who cannot cast the second level arcane spell Vocalize - just one turn is pretty bad.

Potions of Strength: I do agree that they are much too long...if you use vanilla 2nd Edition-style stats, which grants hilariously and patently ridiculous and overpowered damage bonuses for values beyond 18. With 3rd Edition-style stats, I don't think it's nearly as big of a deal. I'm punting this one, since I didn't decide on these potions' values or durations - they're base IR's decisions.

Potion of Defense: Basically a potion of top level Barkskin, I guess. Hmm. I know nothing about this potion's stackability with other kinds of effects, for I have admittedly never used one.

Scrolls: I think I actually already mildly decreased scrolls' values from normal IR, believe it or not. For example, 9th level spells used to be worth 6000 gold, I made them 5000 instead, and there were similar decreases across the board. Not a huge difference, but it makes a difference over the course of a game. I suppose the logic is that high level scrolls are effectively awesome relics of power in of themselves.

Flame of the North: Hence why it is now available early on Tazok in Firkraag's lair as opposed to the Illithid lair in the Underdark. I think it's really just meant to be a little competition for Lilarcor early game - 1 less enchantment level in exchange for the extra cold damage.

Bala's Axe: It's marked as magical, but has no enchantment level. I am unsure of what practical effect this has on enemies immune to normal weapons and such.

Boots of Speed: The +1 AC bonus is intended to give these boots some kind of purpose except for blatant exploitation. Nothing's stopping you from still using them to exploit, but I thought it made sense to give these boots *something* for those of us who refuse to use them to break the game. Toning down these boots to a +2 movement speed bonus isn't a half-bad idea either, though!

@Luke

Robes of Arcane Might: I agree. Fixed.

@Guest TotoR: I could swear somebody already pointed out the Helm symbol thing a long while back and I fixed it already, but here it is again. Fixed...again. As for the short bows...looks like it got lost in the shuffle when I added compatibility for the newest version of 1pp, will re-add, thank you! (edit): Now fixed.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Link to post
50 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

 Horn of Kazgaroth: I finally was able to take some time to investigate this and figured out that it's not Deril who has the horn, but rather Lagole Gon, Deril's lich compatriot who's inducting him into lichdom. So you would need to either attack Lagole Gon (probably the good route anyways, since he's clearly and visibly a lich) or pickpocket it from him (...on the other hand, you would need to fight two major spellcasters at once, since this guy will disappear immediately upon the death of Deril, IIRC - yikes!). I don't remember who was trying to get me to investigate this, but I think this is as intended more or less.

@pochesun

Belt of Inertial Barrier: I did not take close enough of a look at this when I last attempted to fix it, the way this was setup was all weird, so I've made it much more similar to the Shield Others aura (hopefully more reliable).

 

First, glad you are back, you was missed :)

Second, it was me who reported Horn of Kazgaroth false drop , but i killed both Deril and his lich - no drop from either of them. I did it 3 times actually under different occasions (first time - initiated dialog and proceded from there, second - attacked immediately, third - first killed lich then Deril). It was 2 months ago i think so it was a bit different version of IRR from the current one but i believe it does not make any difference in this case. So ill do it again with my next run, hopefuly ill get the drop. Oh well , at least i alwasy can use console :) 

Regarding Belt, yeah, i am not sure i ll be able to test it the following week or so but hopefully it gets fixed... yeah :) Relying on you :) 

Also, jsut a reminder, please check Temples using Raise dead spell for Ressurection (basically Ressurection revives character with 1 hp but it shoudl revive with full hp).

Edited by pochesun
Link to post
8 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I tested Resurrection, there was a momentary delay (like one second), but they were then restored of their HP.

I was talking about Temple version, but ill give it another test tonight or tomorrow.

Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...