IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Amulet of form stability AMUL24.ITM does not have the opcode protection against polymorph effect (#101 parameter1=135) is this normal to avoid side effects ? Also it has an undefined protection from ressource effect (line 1)

Amulet of Spell Warding

AMUL25.ITM has incorrect weight of 3 (should be 0)
Arrow of Slaying +1 AROW03.ITM has missing monk restriction flag and is lacking the hidden +5 thac0 bonus in its description
Arrow of Piercing +3 AROW10.ITM

has incorrect stack value (838, should be 40 or somewhere around 120 based on CDTweaks component 3081/2/3 → increase stack size), has incorrect scs behavior (should be none), drained flag (item remains, should be item vanishes) toggle backstab flag (should be none)

Throwing Axe +1 AX1H05.ITM has incorrect enchantment value (+2, should be +1)
Axe of the Unyielding +4 AX1H14.ITM incorrect weight of 7 (should be 6)
Axe of the Unyielding +5 AX1H15.ITM incorrect weight of 7 (should be 6)
Some Maces BLUNxx.ITM Speed factor of the weapon does not match the enchantment value
Skullcrusher +3 BLUN18.ITM crushing damage effect #12 has no target value in melee header
Club of Detonation +5 BLUN27.ITM has incorrect timing = 0 in magic header opcode #146 (should be timing = 1 or 9)
Ice Star +4 BLUN35.ITM has incorrect weight value (7 should be 9)
Bolt of Polymorphing +2 BOLT05.ITM is missing the kensai and cavalier restriction flag (byte 0x2f)

Tansheron's Bow +3

BOW15.ITM do not have their spl and eff installed, (they are in the mod folder though), and the bow15.spl is refering to a bow15i.eff while it shoud be bow15.eff. The probability of panic effects are set to 100% (should be 50% ?)

Gauntlets of Crushing

BRAC19.ITM

has incorrect resist_dispel parameter for effect #288 & #289 (set to « not dispel/bypass resistance (2)», should be « natural/non magical (0) »

Mail of the Dead +2 CHAN03.ITM has incorrect weight value (30, should be 40)
Ashen Scales +2 CHAN17.ITM has incorrect ''EE/Ex : undispellable'' byte flag (24) in item header
Chain Mail +3 CHAN07.ITM has incorrect IR stats bonuses/penalties

Robe of Electricity Resistance

CLCK11.ITM the electricity resistance bonus opcode (29) has incorrect dispel/resistance (not/dipsel/bypass resistance (2), should be natural/nonmagical (0))

Cloak of Nature's Vengeance

CLCK25.ITM

has incorrect save vs. Spell against effect in CLCK25A.SPL (should be vs. Breath acording to its description)

Dark Elven Spellchain +3 CLOLTH.ITM isn't registered in itemexcl.2da

Dagger +2

DAGG15.ITM

has incorrect swing animations (should be 10/20/70)

Dagger of the Star +4/+5

DAGG21/22.ITM

have incorrect stardust description (missing words in the description)

Drowcraft Flail +3

DWBLUN01.ITM

has incorrect thac0 of +4 (should be +5)

Drowcraft bolts

DWBOLT01/02/03.ITM

have missing +x damage bonus from enchantment value

Drow Piwafwi Cloak

DWCLCK01.ITM

has typos in desc : (piwafi -> piwafwi)

Drowcraft Light Crossbow of Speed +1

DWXBOW01.ITM

has incorrect BAM icon in ranged header, and has incorrect kits restrictions (fighter-mage-cleric, fighter-cleric, cleric-ranger and cleric thief)

Suryris's Blade +2 HALB03.ITM has incorrect strength req. (17 should be 13) but maybe this is by design ? (ancient minotaur halberd)
Dragon's Breath +3 HALB05.ITM has incorrect elemental damage according to description (1d6, should be 1d10)
Ravager +5 HALB11.ITM has still its magical header (for cloak of fear ability), should be removed

Hammer of Corrosion +1

HAMM04.ITM

has incorrect enchantement value (+4, should be +1)

Helmet

HELM01/08.ITM

has incorrect weight (2 should be 3)

Karajah's Leather Armor +3

LEAT09.ITM

has incorrect unusable by avenger restriction flag (byte 0x29)

Armor of Deep Night +5 LEAT17.ITM has incorrect weight (25 should be 20)
Armor of the Viper +4 LEAT18.ITM has incorrect weight (25 should be 20)
Trollhide Armor +4 LEAT23.ITM has incorrect unusable by avenger restriction flag (byte 0x29), and has a hidden +10hp bonus that does not appears in its description

Jansen Spectroscopes

NPMISC1.ITM

has incorrect find traps bonus according to its description (+20% should be +25%)

Staff of the High Forest +2

NPSTAF.ITM

has an unused resist from elements portrait icon equipped effect

Ankheg Plate Mail +2 PLAT06.ITM is not considered as an enchanted armor (in itemexcl.2da), although the dragon armors, them, are. Is that by design ?
Erinne Sling +4 SLNG08.ITM has incorrect damage bonus value (+4, should be +5 as per description and general bullet damage)
Staff of Air +2 STAF15.ITM has incorrect ''EE/Ex : undispellable'' byte flag (24) in the flags item header
Staff of Woodlands +4 STAF14.ITM has incorrect EE description (IR didn't detect the ''not usable by'' in the description)

Protection from the elements

SCRWL8E.ITM does not have the thief kit restriction flag

Imprisonment

SCRL9S.ITM

does not have the thief kit restriction flag

Celestial Fury +3

SW1H51.ITM

the 3x per day batto ability is sw1h51.spl although there's also a batto.spl in the mod folder (not installed while updated recently in github). Just in case i wanted to post it here

Sword of Balduran

SW1H18.ITM

has incorrect enchantement value (+3 should be +2)

Harbinger +3

SW2H07.ITM

Effs have no targets specified (DEMHIT3, DEMDAM5, RAKSDAM5, MEPHDAM5. IMPDAM5, ELEMDAM5, GENIDAM5, GITHDAM5, TIEFDAM5, SOLADAM5, ASOLDAM5, PLANDAM5, DPLADAM5)

Wand of Cursing WAND19.ITM missing type flag : usable after ID (0) in magical header
Crossbow of Affliction +4 XBOW13.ITM

Typo in description : Scourging: 15% chance target is stricken with a disease  <- stricken lacks the "r"

Here's my bug report that i've found so far. Hope it will help you. I'm working on Enhanced Edition btw

Edited by ptifab
typos
On 1/13/2021 at 4:18 AM, ptifab said:

Here's my bug report that i've found so far. Hope it will help you. I'm working on Enhanced Edition btw

• ProftE & Imprisonment: Fixed. Imprisonment's was especially messed up, both clerics and thieves could use it.
  • Amulet of Form Stability: For some reason, no anti-polymorph items (I checked three) have this opcode, so I'm inclined to leave it without.
  • Amulet of Spell Warding: Fixed.
  • Arrow of Slaying: Fixed the monk usability, the hidden THAC0 bonus is intended (vanilla gave it a whopping +15 bonus...but the slaying effect only affected ogre mages, so this is a compromise to give this very rare, very expensive item a better chance of working).
  • Arrow of Piercing: Fixed, I think. Feel free to check this one out to make sure I got everything right.
  • Throwing Axe +1: Enchantment level was already set to 1 (and THAC0/damage were correct), no change.
  • Axe of the Unyielding: Sometimes I allow unusual weights if I think there's enough reason to do so, particularly if it's based on something in vanilla or in the lore of the item, but axe weights are all over the place in vanilla (Battle Axe +1, +2, and +3 all have different weights in vanilla, for example) and I don't particularly see a reason to let Unyielding be an exception, so I've fixed it.
  • Maces: I was unable to detect any incorrect mace speed factors. One potential confounding issue you might be picking up here is that "Bane" weapons are treated as 2 higher enchantment level than their THAC0/damage/speed factor bonuses. So, for example, Jerrod's Mace is +3, but has the Demon Bane property, so the THAC0 is only +1 and the damage is only +2 (the other +1 is part of the default mace weapon type), and the speed factor is only 6 (1 lower than the default 7 for maces). This applies for all Bane-type weapons, not just maces.
  • Skullcrusher: Fixed.
  • Club of Detonation: Fixed.
  • Ice Star: Hm, similar to Axe of the Unyielding, morning star weights are all over the place in vanilla...but this particular morning star is made out of an unusual material, and it is the only morning star in vanilla that has a weight of 7. I will leave this one as an exception.
  • Bolt of Polymorphing: Fixed.
  • Tansheron's Bow: Whoops, typo in the item identifier name prevented them from being installed. The panic effect working at 100% is intended (it helps illuminate when a creature is held, and also, if the hold effect fails due to immunity, it leaves the possibility of the panic effect working instead). Fixed the wrong resource name as well, thanks.
  • Gauntlets of Crushing: Fixed, although I don't believe there is actually any practical difference between dispel/resist types 2 and 0 - still prefer it to be the correct one, though.
  • Mail of the Dead: Fixed.
  • Ashen Scales: Fixed.
  • Chain Mail +3: Fixed, I think.
  • Cloak of Electrical Resistance: Fixed.
  • Cloak of Nature's Vengeance: Fixed, and additionally set it so that it is not subject to magic resistance as per other attack-back effects.
  • Dark Elven Spellchain: I've never known what this item is or whether it's even used, no change.
  • Dagger +2: Fixed.
  • Dagger of the Star: Fixed.
  • Drowcraft Flail: Fixed.
  • Drowcraft Bolts: Bolts do not receive bonus damage from enchantment, looks correct to me. However, I did notice that Weapon Changes was incorrectly incrementing the damage due to the Drowcraft damage bonus when you install that, so I have corrected that.
  • Drow Pifawfi Cloak: Fixed.
  • Drowcraft Light Crossbow of Speed: Icon fixed, but usabilities are correct: clerics aren't allowed to use crossbows. On a side-note, Light Crossbow of Speed (xbow06.itm) *was* usable by clerics, which I also just fixed.
  • Suryris's Blade: Fixed, don't see too much reason to have a strength requirement of 17 here, doesn't seem intended.
  • Dragon's Breath: Fixed.
  • Ravager: Fixed.
  • Hammer of Corrosion: Enchantment level was already set to 1 (and THAC0/damage were correct), no change.
  • Helms: Fixed.
  • Karajah's Armor: Fixed.
  • Trollhide Armor: Fixed. I'm also drawing on inspiration from the vanilla armor that used to occupy this slot, Armor of Thorns, for a new property to make this armor very slightly more interesting, though the description is a little preliminary (I'm not particularly pleased with the justification for its inclusion - I may end up rewriting it at a later date).
  • Jansen Spectroscopes: The description states a +20% bonus (which is correct), no change. ...Well, actually, the bonuses were set to a dispel type of 2, so I did change that, but besides that, no change, :p.
  • Staff of the High Forest: Fixed.
  • Ankheg Armor: Doesn't the "Items of Protection Can Be Worn Together" component of IR 'fix' this? I'm probably not going to manually add or remove any lines from this .2da, especially since vanilla's version of this file is undoubtedly screwed up in a number of different ways and the main component of IR makes no attempt to fix it as far as I know.
  • Erinne Sling: For some reason, the additional point of damage is instead outsourced to an extra damage opcode. I'll have to see what the results of changing it to instead be directly on the normal damage roll is.
  • Staff of Air: Fixed.
  • Staff of the Woodlands: Fixed(?), a colon at the end of "Usable By" was missing.
  • Celestial Fury: Good spot - dvbatto.spl is the original filename from IR, while sw1h51.spl is supposed to be mine, but it looks like I got them confused when I updated it recently.
  • Sword of Balduran: Fixed.
  • Harbinger: Every single one of these bane-type .effs has no target selected for some reason. So long as they actually work, it's fine.
  • Wand of Cursing: Fixed.
  • Crossbow of Affliction: Fixed.

Big thanks for the big list! Hopefully I've dealt with everything you found.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hey ! Thanks a lot for your corrections. I don't have the exact setup as yours, and my installation is not a perfect vanilla, but i can see that a lot of bugs have been adressed already, thanks again for your time. I have a second list of bugs but i don't have finished my own item revision yet so i will post it here as soon as i can. It's not as long as the first though ^^

P.S: for the EFFs, there's not target usuallly because it is overwritten by the ITM/SPL that launched it. I d'ont think that it needs to be set, or even if it was it would'nt changed anything (taken from IESDP site)

Edited by ptifab
3 hours ago, ptifab said:

Hey ! Thanks a lot for your corrections. I don't have the exact setup as yours, and my installation is not a perfect vanilla, but i can see that a lot of bugs have been adressed already, thanks again for your time. I have a second list of bugs but i don't have finished my own item revision yet so i will post it here as soon as i can. It's not as long as the first though ^^

P.S: for the EFFs, there's not target usuallly because it is overwritten by the ITM/SPL that launched it. I d'ont think that it needs to be set, or even if it was it would'nt changed anything (taken from IESDP site)

Glad to hear it's not as long as the first, but all reported inconsistencies/bugs are always welcome, :).

No, I don't think the targeting would be used either, so no need to change.

Here's my second batch of bugs/inconsistencies found :

Items:

Armor of Missile Attraction +3 LEAT06.ITM does not have its aura updated to latest IRR release (with a cast spell effect #146 each second)

Potion of Explosions

POTN26.ITM

has incorrect description about saving throw, it's said vs. Breath at -2 where it's vs. Wand at -2 in the potn26.spl #opcode 12 secondary fire damage effect

Ring of Acuity RING40.ITM has incorrect resist_dispel set to 2 (should be 0) in opcode effect #42

Paralytic Bolt +1

SAHBOLT.ITM

has incorrect 20% probability in it's paralyzing effect opcode #146 (desc says 100%)

Conjure Lesser Fire Elemental

SCRL6X.ITM

does not have the fighter-cleric kit restriction flag

Summon Death Knight SCRL8I.ITM does not have the fighter-cleric kit restriction flag
Prismatic Spray SCRL8P.ITM does not have the fighter-cleric kit restriction flag
Maze SCRL9H.ITM does not have the fighter-cleric kit restriction flag

Gate

SCRL9N.ITM

does not have the fighter-cleric kit restriction flag

Martial Staff +2

STAF08.ITM

incorrect enchantment value : 3 (should be 2)

Staff of the Magi +5

STAF11.ITM

does not have its updated IRR description. It displays correctly the 1x spell trap ability but lacks the new 3x remove magic, and desc is not updated to EE standards (without the « usable by ...»)

Staff of Power +3

STAF12.ITM

does not reflect the updated IRR description, desc is not updated to EE standards (without the « usable by ...»)

Staff of the Woodlands +4

STAF13.ITM

Barkskin effect ressource is staf14a.spl wich is the animal empathy ability ressource from staf14.spl, maybe it wasn't imported ? and typo in desc : Animal Empaty <- lacks the h in Empathy

Staff of Rynn +3

STAF20.ITM

greater malison magic ability (STAF20.SPL) is 2 turns duration but desc says its only 1 turn, also, SR greater malison version has a -1 luck penalty effect, where this one does not. Is this is by design ?

Lawgiver +2

SW1H03.ITM

incorrect enchantment value : 3 (should be 2)

Purifier+4/+5

SW1H64/65.ITM

the blind effects EFFs (in melee header) are at respectively 14 and 19 hit dice where other effects are at 0, 5 and 10. As per description, the blind should be set at 15 and 20 ? (not sure on the mechanics of the numbers on this one)

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2

WA2DAK .ITM

has different EFFs for the spell stealer ability.DVSPABSR and DVSPDRNK. The last one has a +2 max hp bonus but no spell restoration whereas the first one seems to be the correct effect for the item

Harmonium Halberd +3

WA2HALB

does not have the cleric kits restriction flags, and has an unusual toggle backstab flag in its melee header

Shadow Veil

WA2HELM.ITM

has a paladin restriction flag. Is this by design ? (based on description it could be a good or loyal alignement restriction?)

Sword of Balduran +2 WA2S1H.ITM has incorrect monk restriction flag, weight (2 should be 4), and damage type (piercing should be slashing)
Axe of Hrothgar +3 WAAXE.ITM has incorrect toggle backstab flag in melee header

Jerrod's Mace +3

WAMACE.ITM

has no strength req. (should be 10)

Joril's Dagger +3

WAS2H.ITM

Incorrect strength req. (13 should be 14), and weight (10 should be 8), just for lore but its desc says it was a frost giant weapon, isn't it weird that it deals fire damage ?

Spear of Kuldahar +3 WASPEAR.ITM has incorrect toggle backstab flag in melee header
Everard's Morning Star +3 WASTAR.ITM has incorrect toggle backstab flag in melee header

Flasher Launcher +2

XBOW09.ITM

has incorrect range in launcher header (50 should be 100)

Crossbow of Affliction +4

XBOW13.ITM

Has incorrect Crossbow Unidentified Name. Its stated as a Heavy Crossbow whereas it has all the stats of a Light Crossbow.

Aura's Spells LEAT13/SHLD07/PLAT12/STAF09/STAF10/STAF14.SPL Have no target assigned to their opcode #146 (should be preset target (2))

Spells called from items:

Gargoyle Boots Stoneskin Spell

BOOT12.SPL

has a timing parameter set as limited and a duration value of 1874919423. Is this normal ?

Paralyze effect

DVPARAL.SPL

has missing IDS target in hold effect

Fireball

DVFBALL.SPL

has incorrect saving throw against damage effect (vs. Spell should be vs. Breath or Wands, based on items : HELM16/STAF17/ WAND12/WAND15.ITM, choose your side ^^)

Monster Summoning

Poison Effects

WAND10.SPL

(DVVENOM, DVTOXIC and DVVIPER.SPL)

has incorrect resist_dispel parameter for 3rd EFF effect (not dispel/bypass resistance (2), should be natural/non magical (0))

are missing their poison protection opcodes (should have EFFs #177 protection from spell for undead, illusionary, slime, golem, elemental and sword; and also opcode 324 with STAT RESIST_POISON >= 128 (154))

Sorry for the big lists, i didn't think it would get so long... but i think i got them all this time ! ;)

Edited by ptifab
typos

Thanks again! I'll have complete replies at a later date, but one thing I'll note now is with the odd Boots of the Gargoyle duration - it is intended. Although now that I think about it, I might be able just to do permanent timing instead of the very long limited duration. The reason for this is...whenever Stoneskin expires (whether from duration or from being used up), it plays a very loud and annoying sound effect. Initially, I had these boots at either 1 skin per round or per 2 rounds, but the sound effect spam was driving me out of my mind - hence why it was instead upped to 5 per turn (so the sound effect will only trigger an average of once per turn at worst) and the duration set so long (to avoid the pointless sound effect of it refreshing every turn while out of combat). This does mean that you can exploit the boots by having each character wear them out-of-combat, but I am more in favor of avoiding annoyances for well-meaning players than avoiding every last exploit (especially given how tiresome it would be to constantly switching the boots between characters all the time). As always, if you really want to exploit stuff, that's your business, not mine, :).

An alternative idea would be to bring it back to once per round, but have it only cast itself during combat, so it's not permanently active. I think this would still get annoying with how much it would spam during combat, though, which is why I opted for the 5 skins per turn instead. Perhaps not quite as good (although there can be an advantage to having 5 skins at once to be able to do something as opposed to just 1 per round), but certainly less tiresome.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I don't think Item Revisions' "Sensible Lore System" is working with Song & Silence's additional bard kits.

Sensible Lore System states:

Lore Table: Fighters/Paladins/Rangers (+1 lore/level), Clerics/Druids (+2 lore/level), Thieves/Blades (+3 lore/level), Mages (+4 lore/level), Bards (+6 lore/level).

But my Acrobat is using the standard bard lore (10/level) to calculate the penalty to lore (Acrobat Disadvantage : Only has one-half normal lore value):

image.png.2de3befd2a0bc75f6c7f06d5e8cbae92.png

Thanks Bartimaeus for the update.

It seems that ptifab give you a lot of works... I have found only 1 items that seems to be bugged:

• The Short Sword of Backstabbing +3 : Backstabbing bonus seems to be missing

PS : when IRR is installed with stratagems "Initialise AI components", there is a warning links to 1 file of IRR. WARNING: no effects added to scrl07.itm. is this known? is there any way to solve this?

15 hours ago, TotoR said:

It seems that ptifab give you a lot of works... I have found only 1 items that seems to be bugged:

PS : when IRR is installed with stratagems "Initialise AI components", there is a warning links to 1 file of IRR. WARNING: no effects added to scrl07.itm. is this known? is there any way to solve this?

Believe it or not, I actually reported that exact error some time ago as well:

DavidW said it was likely to be harmless.

I'll take a look at the Short Sword of Backstabbing.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 2/8/2021 at 4:13 PM, TotoR said:

Backstab property applies correctly for me. I'd need more information on what exact circumstances you're finding it applying. Who's the character, what's their class, are you testing the weapon just by itself with no off-hand, etc.

@ptifab Thanks once again.

Armor of Missile Attraction: Fixed, probably - I don't have the constitution to test another aura right now, :p.
Potion of Explosions: Corrected to vs. breath saving throw.
Ring of Acuity: Fixed.
Paralytic Bolt +1: Fixed.
Scrolls: Fixed.
Martial Staff: Already set to +2 (including THAC0 and damage), no change. Seems like you have another mod installed that set a few weapons back to their vanilla enchantment levels or something along those lines.
Staff of the Magi: Fixed the missing Remove Magic text.
Staff of Power, Staff of the Magi, and Brine Potion: Fixed the usability text not being correctly patched out for EE games (missing colon).
Staff of the Woodlands: Fixed.
Staff of Rhynn: Fixed both problems.
Lawgiver: Already set to +2 (including THAC0 and damage), no change.
Purifier: Fixed.
Dak'kon's Zerth Blade: Fixed.
Harmonium Halberd: Fixed.
Shadow Veil: Paladins specifically are restricted from a number of dark artifacts. Others include The Ravager, Cloak of Bravery, Duskblade, Skull of Death, etc.
Sword of Balduran: Fixed.
Axe of Hrothgar: Fixed.
Jerrod's Mace: Fixed.
Joril's Dagger: Fixed. Yes, I agree that it is strange that it deals fire damage - however, Flame of the North in the same weapon class already does cold damage.
Spear of Kuldahar: Fixed.
Evarard's Morning Star: Fixed.
Crossbow of Affliction: Fixed.
"Aura's Spells": I think I have it set to no target for a good reason, but I don't remember what it was. If it's not actually working as expected, let me know.
DVPARAL: Fixed.
DVFBALL: Fixed (Wand of Fire already has its own resource that specifically uses vs. wand, so this gets vs. breath).
WAND10: Fixed.
Poisons: Fixed (also, dvaspven).

Hi Bartimaeus,

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Backstab property applies correctly for me. I'd need more information on what exact circumstances you're finding it applying. Who's the character, what's their class, are you testing the weapon just by itself with no off-hand, etc.

Seems to be a mistake from my side. I should have mixing things during my last test...

Anyway, thanks for the update.