IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

That subcomponent is completely untouched by IR Revised.

1. Those numbers look correct.

2. Not seeing the club issue on my end - can you give me a copy of a club where you're seeing this problem (e.g. BLUN01, BLUN22, BLUN23, etc.)?

3. Yes, the backstab penalties would stack when dual-wielding with any unsuitable weapons, I suppose. I can think of ways to sort of fix it, but it would create exploits, even accidental, I think. Unfortunate that you can't conditionally apply an opcode depending on whether you equip it as a weapon or as a shield.

4. Fixed. Looks like when I renamed the effect a while back, I forgot to update the .itm to match. Thanks!

1. Those numbers look correct.

well, these weapons are unsuitable for backstabbing, they shoud backstabb at x1 and not x2.  ( but it's not a big deal)

2. Not seeing the club issue on my end - can you give me a copy of a club where you're seeing this problem (e.g. BLUN01, BLUN22, BLUN23, etc.)?

tested with RODS04 (rod of smiting+4) and RODS05 (rod of terror). I think other clubs are ok.

3. Yes, the backstab penalties would stack when dual-wielding with any unsuitable weapons, I suppose. I can think of ways to sort of fix it, but it would create exploits, even accidental, I think. Unfortunate that you can't conditionally apply an opcode depending on whether you equip it as a weapon or as a shield.

ha yes. It would be good to report this bug in the readme I think if we can't fix it.

The read-me seems to imply that those weapons *are* suitable for backstabbing, just with a penalty.img%5D

You are correct about rods' backstabs being different than other clubs'. I wonder what the component is interpreting rods to be. Will look into and hopefully fix (although since rods have superior damage to clubs with Weapon Changes, I might leave it at 3x instead of 4x to sort of separate these two weapon classes a little further a la Maces and Morning Stars).

The readme needs an update in general, I guess, yeah.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:51 AM, Bartimaeus said:

the backstab penalties would stack when dual-wielding with any unsuitable weapons, I suppose. I can think of ways to sort of fix it, but it would create exploits, even accidental, I think. Unfortunate that you can't conditionally apply an opcode depending on whether you equip it as a weapon or as a shield

You can, in the EE 2.x engine. But it is veeeerrry complicated. 

Edited by subtledoctor
On 7/30/2019 at 2:33 PM, DrAzTiK said:

It seems like arrow of slaying (ARROW03) do not have the -2 save penality  in near infinity ( save bonus and save type )

dvslay.spl's effects seem to have their saving throw type set to death and the penalty to -2 from what I can see. Saving throws are usually applied in the linked .spl file itself, not in the opcode linking to it. (e): If your arow03.itm has the slaying effects directly in the .itm's extended header (instead of linking to dvslay.spl), then your arow03.itm has been overwritten by another mod.

6 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

You can, in the EE 2.x engine. But it is veeeerrry complicated. 

My thought was to use .effs and .spls to self-immunize against the same .effs from being applied twice, but if you equip your off-hand weapon first, then it'll use that weapon's effect instead of your main-hand weapon. Additionally, weapon-switching could be problematic.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 8/3/2019 at 2:41 PM, Bartimaeus said:

My thought was to use .effs and .spls to self-immunize against the same .effs from being applied twice, but if you equip your off-hand weapon first, then it'll use that weapon's effect instead of your main-hand weapon. Additionally, weapon-switching could be problematic.

Not only does it differ depending on which weapon you equip first in which slot, but switching to a weapon behaves differently when you do it in the main gameplay screen vs. when you do it in the inventory screen. You need several bits of a proficiency, and opcode 318 to filter by the prof. I've done it... but I wouldn't want to do it again. 😛

On 8/3/2019 at 8:41 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Don't bother too much about that imo . I just reported the bug but maybe it is not worth the effort to fix it.( and nobody has noticed it before me...)  Maybe just edit the readme in the future to warn players that this component can be a bit "bugged". 

Edited by DrAzTiK
17 minutes ago, saroumana said:

Why the rod of resurrection is usable only by cleric and druid and require 15 wisdom, so Jaheira can't use it ?

The rod is  mainly usefull if the cleric is dead. Or we need a way back to increase wisdom (and intelligence) via potion.

The basic gist is that way, way back, I kind of redid rods and wands, but ended up reverting some of it. I intended to revert the class requirement (hence the description still mentioning that anyone should be able to use it), so thank you and fixed. If you need me to correct yours in particular so you don't have to reinstall to fix it, let me know.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Uh, trying to install IRR (v1.2.5 on top of IRV4b10) right now, and here's what I have here.

Spoiler

to7aGm2.png

I'm using the latest version of SRR as well.

FYI, line 33 inside spell_revisions.tra says this: 

@1723 = ~When this odd horn is blown no sound issues forth, making most people discard it as useless. However, if the proper command word is known, the horn is capable of silencing all within its area of effect, providing that they fail a saving throw versus breath weapons. This horn may be used three times a day. The most common use of the Horn of Silence is as a weapon against mages. Fighters often employ the horn, silencing enemy mages and drastically improving their own chances of success against the frail magic users.

What am I doing wrong ):?

Edited by n-ghost

hello, I have noticed some things recently :)

1 -I find that weapons provinding +x bonus to hitpoints are not very convenient because  you loose the bonus to hitpoint  when  you switch with a  ranged weapon...  it would be better to replace it by a regenerate bonus  or something else.  (defenser of easthaven, axe of unyielding)

2- I wonder also why the ring of energy provide only +25% resistance while others rings always provide at least +50 %. (ring of fire)

3-  About magical  ranged weapons shooting magical created ammunitions (firetooth+4, Gensen,  tansheron ,taulmaril) . Do you think it could be interesting to fix these items as we can find in this mod : 

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64051/prevent-launchers-ammo-less-ammunition-from-stacking-with-real-ammunition

Edited by DrAzTiK

Managed to fix aforementioned error by changing line 32 inside spell_revisions.tra:

Wizard Slayer

to

Wizard Slayer~

But then setup hiccups on srr.tra:

Spoiler

3nxYYVl.png

Checking this further.

Edit: same thing there, adding tilde to the end of line 94 does the trick. IRR can be installed after this.

Edited by n-ghost