IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

On 9/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, YuMing said:

EET

IR: V4b10

IRR: 1.2.5

------------------------

Non-magical Weapons lack "Breakable" flag

e.g., Long Sword (SW1H04.ITM),  Spear (SPER01.ITM)

I'm wondering what's the purpose of that flag... I mean, those ITMs are coded to cast a SPL that turns them into broken weapons, so how does that flag work? Calling @kjeron too...

Edited by Luke
36 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm wondering what's the purpose of that flag... I mean, those ITMs are coded to cast a SPL that turns them into broken weapons, so how does that flag work? Calling @kjeron too...

The spell replaced the hardcoded breaking mechanic, I don't think the flag does anything anymore in the EE's.

Sorry all, I have been very busy over the fall/winter (combination of work + personal tragedy leading to unexpectedly 'inheriting' two nieces!), so I haven't had much of a chance to devote serious time/effort towards this or SRR. I'm going to try and hunker down and sort through some things over the next week. If I disappear again, I apologize in advance - it's been a tough year and I hope to get back to it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 11/19/2019 at 7:46 AM, ptifab said:

Found  2 smalls incorrect values on AMUL23.ITM. The two opcodes 142 have both probabilities to 100, wich cause the icon to not appear on the character portrait. Setting probability2 to 0 correct the issue.

This was something I waffled back and forth on what I wanted to do about half a dozen times, and ultimately decided to revert back to how IR handled it. If I add the portrait icons, to be consistent, I must change the text from "Protects Against: Death and Level Drain" to "Spells: Death Ward and Negative Plane Protection". This is not a huge deal, but it is...mildly inconsistent with the other periapts, and I guess I decided it'd be okay just this once if the protects against text was used to remain consistent.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:56 AM, ptifab said:

Thanks for your explanation Mike1072, but is it possible to change that ? Because as i remember, this code seems to be accurate for a vanilla installation but not for enhanced editions that have changed the descriptions. In fact, those precisions about specific damage types weren't in the vanilla game but appeared in the Enhanced Editions. Maybe this code hasn't been revised to reflect those changes ?

Same reason goes for the critical hit aversion removal from helms component. The code is not working for me except if i change it (as described in my first post on this page)

@Luke asked for this as well a while back. Quite frankly, the text replacements are very complicated and I don't want to touch them or learn how to modify them to effect this change. I would also not stack the text on top like the EEs do, and would instead opt for a shield-like "special" field, similar to how bucklers say "Special: No Missile/Piercing Attack Protection", or large shields "Special: +1 vs. Missile Weapons". Which would be super easy to add in the main component (since it does a flat overwrite), but is extremely complicated via the other subcomponents who do text replacements. (e: Now that I think of it...honestly, it might not be *ridiculous* to do this, but let me just say that it's still low on the list of priorities for me.)

@Others: Thanks!

@Endarire I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Is there another variant of IR specifically for EET that I'm unaware of? Otherwise, I expect IRR to work more or less perfectly with it minus a very few bugs I have to work through (as I have changed/updated many aspects of it to account for both BG1:EE and BG2:EE!).

@ptifab Regarding critical hits, if I'm remembering this correctly, the way this is handled is confusing, because the protection is semi-hardcoded in helmets. When you read the "toggle critical protection" (or whatever it's called in Near Infinity) option, when it is disabled for helmets, that means the protection is enabled, while if it's enabled, that means that protection is disabled. With other types of items, it is the reverse behavior - if the option is enabled, you get critical protection, and vice versa. So from what I can tell, it is behaving correctly, as installing this component enables that toggle flag, which should disable critical protection.

Edited by Bartimaeus

It seems the Cloak of the Sewers shapeshift ability that turns you into a Rat with 90% physical resistances stacks with IR's resistances from equipped armor (even if STR drops below the min requirement to wear it due to the shapeshift). Any armor with at least 10% resistance will result in a Rat that's immune to all types of physical damage. #BestTank

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@ptifab Regarding critical hits, if I'm remembering this correctly, the way this is handled is confusing, because the protection is semi-hardcoded in helmets. When you read the "toggle critical protection" (or whatever it's called in Near Infinity) option, when it is disabled for helmets, that means the protection is enabled, while if it's enabled, that means that protection is disabled. With other types of items, it is the reverse behavior - if the option is enabled, you get critical protection, and vice versa. So from what I can tell, it is behaving correctly, as installing this component enables that toggle flag, which should disable critical protection.

I actually just tested that and you are absolutely correct. The crit protection is semi hardcoded in the engine, so it does not need to be toggled to get the crit protection for headgear. The other pieces of equipment, as you said, need to have the settings toggled to get it.

Thanks for your clarification @Bartimaeus

@ptifab Glad I remembered that correctly, because I remember getting perturbed and confused by it as well sometime ago.

@Lord_Tansheron That's pretty funny. I guess you can exploit that a bit, but I'm kind of tempted to just let it be (...also, I always disable the armor damage resistance part of IR myself, so it doesn't affect me, so I might be biased, haha).

Compiled list of old changes that had already been on github for a while but never documented:

• Wand of Lightning saving throw text fix (said -2, should've said -4).
  • Cloak of Nature's Wrath 25% chance was set to its equipping ability rather than its firing mechanic.
  • Saving Grace's blinding ability was set to set to the wrong firing condition.
  • Whistling Sword duplication bug fixed.
  • Axe of the Unyielding +5's vorpal effect was missing its 3D8 slashing damage upon a successful saving throw.
  • BG1 NPC Project compatibility fix for Ring of Human Influence.
  • Store Revisions Trademeet jeweler silver ring quantity was invalid.
  • Renal Bloodscalp was getting corrupted by Store Revisions.
  • Github issue with file name case sensitivity fixed.
  • Efreeti Bottle will now summon an efreeti even if SR is not installed.
  • Ras the summonable sword now has a generic attack script so you don't have to micromanage it.
  • Bolt of Polymorph's polymorphing effect is no longer subject to magic resistance.
  • Short Sword of Backstabbing was looking for the wrong effect name for its backstab multiplier property.
  • Rod of Resurrection is now usable by everyone again, provided you have the requisite Wisdom and Intelligence.
  • Non-EE users will no longer get yelled at for harmless "invalid opcode" error messages.
  • Added one additional mithral token to Spellhold per that one guy's request.
  • Potion of Agility's expiration sound was malfunctioning.
  • Replaced "weird" copy of Ray of Enfeeblement with normal copy (some versions of the game have two different versions of Ray of Enfeeblement).

Changes I just did:

• Added back the "breakable" property to Battle Axe, Flail, Mace, Morning Star, Dagger, Halberd, War Hammer, Spear, Bastard Sword, Long Sword, Short Sword, Scimitar, Katana, Wakizashi, Ninja-To, and Two-Handed Sword ("bug"? inherited from IR, which inexplicably disabled this property across the board). Purdue's Short Sword, Nester's Dagger, Kylee's Dagger, and Hentold's Dagger all also had this property in BG1:EE, but I've declined to re-enable it as they are all quest items. As unlikely as it may be, it's better not to add any chance of irreversibly breaking quests - we can just pretend that these weapons were made pre-iron crisis. I don't think this actually really does anything in practice, as I think even BGT games do it by script instead (as I'm nearly 100% positive I've had weapons break in BGT-IRR games before), but this property was enabled in all the different vanilla games, so I might as well.
  • Enabled strength bonus for the Shadow Thief Dagger from the BG2 Bodhi questline. Incredibly minor issue, but it was inexplicably not enabled.
  • Marek's Potion was being a problem in BG1EE games, should hopefully be fixed now.
  • Re-enabled melee abilities for throwing axes (I think I had some reasons for doing this way back when, but I'll let history prevail in keeping it as an option).
  • I re-installed EET and probably fixed the issue with Ankheg Armor +1 and Ring of Sorcery being placed in EET.
  • Fixed Ring of the Ram's knockdown effect not firing for monks.

Things still yet to do:

• Look more into the EE ammunition-with-launchers exploit.
  • Rework/reunite the different ways icons are being handled between games (was what I was last working on ~6 months ago).
  • Fix/handle some unenchanted variants of EET shields.
  • I'm not sure.
Edited by Bartimaeus

@BartimaeusPersonally I LOVE the resistance on armor because it helps with the overly binary hit/miss system of AC that favors avoidance over mitigation. Resistances make going for pure armor a lot more viable, which makes tanking without mage buffs (MI, SS) a lot more interesting. This is most relevant on high difficulties of course (I only play LoB) where it's a bad feeling to stand there taking either 0 damage or 50 damage.

Also the Ring of the Ram effect that gives Monk a chance to knockdown doesn't appear to work at all. From what I could tell in NI it references a .eff file that doesn't exist. I replaced it with a simple stun OPcode for my own use and it works fine (same chance, same save; went with stun over knockdown for balance reasons though I guess knock is better flavor).

I can definitely see that. Never played on anything harder than core difficulty, unfortunately - my solution for making gameplay harder was always simply to use the XP reducer mod. Do you think the Rat exploit needs to be addressed?

@Ring of the Ram: Can't confirm at least the "doesn't exist" part. When installing, ring33 is installed, it references ring33a.eff, which references ring33b.eff, both of which were installed to my directory. Are you certain that those two files do not exist in your game?

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I can definitely see that. Never played on anything harder than core difficulty, unfortunately - my solution for making gameplay harder was always simply to use the XP reducer mod. Do you think the Rat exploit needs to be addressed?

@Ring of the Ram: Can't confirm at least the "doesn't exist" part. When installing, ring33 is installed, it references ring33a.eff, which references ring33b.eff, both of which were installed to my directory. Are you certain that those two files do not exist in your game?

@Bartimaeus Sorry, I said it wrong. It's not the .eff file, they're both there as you say, it's a .spl file. Specifically, ring33b.eff refers to a resource DVKNDOWN.SPL which doesn't seem to exist. I changed it to Opcode 45 (stun) for myself, but I tested Opcode 39 (unconsciousness) as well and it works fine. Not sure what the reason behind using an .spl resource was here.

As for the rat... I mean, I don't know how easy it is to change but I guess it's up to everyone individually whether or not to use it. Seems to me shapeshifting shouldn't use any armor effects at all, really, but idk how it all works technically and whether it can be implemented that way. The Cloak transformation is on-use at least, and so it's easy to just... not use it. It won't interfere with people that don't want to abuse this behavior so it's not a high priority to fix at least.