IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

It's more probably to do with the fact that BG2 never displayed that information to begin with, and adding it is opening up an increasingly complex can of worms when you have subcomponents that need to work in multiple installation configurations and dynamically read and patch item descriptions to add and remove stuff based on what people select to use. That's why *I'm* not adding it (at least as of this time), anyways: it's just too much work for very little gain when most people will quickly memorize what item types will do what (well, in the case of the weapon types AC bonuses, it's more that "this doesn't matter that much to begin with").

Edited by Bartimaeus

V1.2.6 released. Most patch notes can be found here. Some extras:

1. Non-EET BG2EE games are now correctly identified as being BG2EE instead of ToB (bug inherited from base IR).
  2. EET-only shields from BG1 are now handled properly.
  3. The "Thieves Can Use Wands" subcomponent was resetting intelligence requirements back to vanilla.
  4. Imoen's Wand wasn't being updated on EET games.
  5. The Weapon Restrictions component had its designations corrected for automated installers.
  6. The inexplicable Lawgiver duplicate in Ulgoth's Beard is merely changed to a Bastard Sword +1 instead of being removed entirely (matches EET's approach).
Guest SBHubal

ERROR: parsing [item_rev/components/main/fixes.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
Error Uninstalling [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0:
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG and look for support at: Demivrgvs, Ardanis and Mike1072 at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 309977 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Item Revisions by Demivrgvs

F:\BGT\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

Item Revisions - Installs all items (not fully compatible with EE new shaman class) (Item Revisions) was not installed due to errors.

I used your latest V1.2.6

3 hours ago, Guest SBHubal said:

Error Uninstalling [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0:
Parsing.Parse_error
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG and look for support at: Demivrgvs, Ardanis and Mike1072 at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 309977 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Item Revisions by Demivrgvs

F:\BGT\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

Item Revisions - Installs all items (not fully compatible with EE new shaman class) (Item Revisions) was not installed due to errors.

I used your latest V1.2.6

The release V1.2.6 or the latest download on github? In the middle of working on something for BGEE for the very latest, and fixes.tpa is the main target of what I'm doing, so that's probably why.

(e): Shouldn't matter now, as it's fixed (simply forgot an END of all things), :).

Edited by Bartimaeus

daily IR report:

-The cloak of displacement (CLCK03.ITM) blur effect #opcode 65 has both probabilities set to 100

- Werebane +2 (DAGG09.ITM) has incorrect drained flag in its ranged header. Should be (1) item vanishes (and not (2) replace with used up)

- throwing magical daggers (i don't speak about throwing knives) only have ranged capabilities (they don't have any melee headers). Is that by design ? (DAGG09.ITM, DAGG11.ITM, DAGG12.ITM, DAGG22.ITM)

Cloak of Displacement: Intentional - 100 to 100 means "disabled". This visual effect is now handled by clck03.spl to only work in combat. I guess I could remove the opcode entirely, too, but it's not really necessary.

Werebane: Thanks, fixed (although I don't *think* it makes any kind of difference, still good to have it consistent).

Throwing Magical Daggers: It is an unfortunate design compromise, but you can give the daggers melee abilities by using its special ability (switches from DAGG09 or DAGG09B to DAGG09A, which is the melee version). The reason for this is throwing daggers are supposed to have +1 ApR, but giving +1 ApR to the melee forms would obviously be a terrible idea...but completely robbing throwing daggers of their ApR bonus would also be very lame. So two different versions of the item for the two different forms is the compromise.

I noticed a misspell with Adoy's Belt, it says + bous vs. polymorph instead of "bonus".

I have a question, do shields have a hidden modifier to missile AC compared to bucklers?

Regarding mages to drop Friends and or Expeditious Retreat scrolls. Haven't done the bandit's camp yet but so far, the only mage two mages that I can think of that haven't dropped a lot of scrolls are the assassin that already drops Find Familiar scroll (Nibul). I would say since he is the mage/thief type, Expeditious Retreat would fit better on him, and the mage in Beregost that you kill to get the location for the Bandit Camp (Tranzig). He only drops Glitterdust and a magic missile wand. Maybe he could be the friend's scroll since he seems like the slimy two-faced type mage that charms you with empty words 😛

My only two ideas so far anyway.

Edited by NdranC

Adoy's Belt: Thanks, fixed.

Shields: If you're not using the revised shields subcomponent, it should say "Special: +1 vs. Missile Weapons" for large shields, and "Special: No Missile Weapon Protection" for bucklers. If you're using revised shields, it should say +2 vs. missiles for large shields and still no protection for bucklers. Does it not?

Scrolls: The Nimbul one is good, will almost definitely do that one. Tranzig is a little less convincing, but still a decent option given that most other mages already have 2-3 scrolls...and again, these are level 1 scrolls, so not the end of the world either way.

Edited by Bartimaeus
10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Looks correct to me - Small Shield says nothing (no bonus or malus), while the buckler says "Special: No Missile Weapon Protection".

Right what is a little weird is that when you put on a small shield, your missile AC doesn't change from not having anything there which is fine and expected. But when you equip bucklers it lowers your missile AC by two but the description makes it sound like they are "neutral".

Basically it implies that Small Shields have an AC bonus and bucklers miss it but instead it feels like small shields are the neutral ones and bucklers have a malus towards missile bonus.

@NdranC"it feels like small shields are the neutral ones and bucklers have a malus towards missile bonus"

Yes, that's correct. Small Shields have neither bonus or malus to missile protection (i.e. the +1 AC bonus applies to all weapons equally, including missile weapons), while the buckler states it does not offer missile protection (i.e. you get +1 AC to melee weapons, none vs. missile weapons).

Edited by Bartimaeus