IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

14 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

Yes, after FnP Multiclass. See attached.

I split the main component out as you can see.

I can't remember (didn't add a note) why I had it that late, but I think it was split out on @subtledoctor's list and EE Install Tool also does it that way, not had many issues with it.

You seem to have done the same.

Remember all of my multi-mod installs so far have been BG2EE only. You may get more useful info out of me later today when my EET attempt falls apart!

update-Weidu-Log-Finished-Installation-2020.04.20-21꞉49.log 35.37 kB · 1 download

Can you also zip item_rev.tp2 and store revisions.tpa files here, so I could compare with mine?

@Bartimaeus I installed IRR as the only mod n top of EET for testing and the error is no more, so it's probably an i compatibility with some other mod from my list. I'mc reducing my install list a bit, mostly removing some kits and tweaks and will check if this issue is gone or not. 

I would like to made custom changes to item_description.tra, by updating item description formatting to EE style. Assuming that I'm not interested in vanilla version woould it be enough just to change item descriptions in this .tra file?

Also since the "Usable by" part is handled by EE engine, would removing this part from item description mean that I won't see this section of item description in game, or will it be handled by engine?

Can anyone help me with this: i got Ir Revision installed and has Halberds doing only piercing damage (thats a default option for instalation as i understand). How can i change it to do both piercing and slashing damage? As i am digging it i should modify some .tpa file (presumably weapons_change.tpa but i cant find the line i should change (and more important i am not sure what i shoudl change there) :)

Edited by pochesun
8 hours ago, pochesun said:

Can anyone help me with this: i got Ir Revision installed and has Halberds doing only piercing damage (thats a default option for instalation as i understand). How can i change it to do both piercing and slashing damage? As i am digging it i should modify some .tpa file (presumably weapons_change.tpa but i cant find the line i should change (and more important i am not sure what i shoudl change there) :)

This option is now in item_rev/settings.ini.  Change the value to 1 and then install the Weapon Changes component.

I've been trying to create a weidu friendly environment for bgee and bg2ee on my android phone but I just can't get it to function properly so I just gave up.

I was wondering is it possible to grab some of the item changes on this mod(no armors obviously) that have no new spell like effects, just general item overrides and place them on the override folder on my phone? I tried searching but failed to find a 100% answer.

An example would be the Metaspell Influence Amulet since it seems to only have effects that already exist in the normal game files and has the same .ITM filename as the regular has.

Or should I just grab the files that seem like they could work from the IR beta v4?

/Edit: apparently not. Tested quickly in bgee with the Girdle of Piercing and the text just said invalid.

Edited by Reiska
Found some form of an answer.

Will look into various things mentioned while I've been gone over the next few days. Sorry for the trouble, everyone!

@Reiska Sadly, no, it is not possible, since all such drop-and-dragged item files would have the wrong strings (names and descriptions), as you discovered, :(.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus, since your back, if you have time please check a drop from Bassilus, along with rift hammer, the cursed gauntlets. When i identify them the main name (not in discription but above) stands for "Gauntlets of Might", but in the discription the gauntlets are named "Gauntlets of Fumbling". (in the unmodded BG EE they are Elander's Gloves of Misplacement, also known as Gauntlets of Fumbling) I think thre is a mistake. Also not sure about stats of the item, if they are correct, could you please double check it as well. 

The discussion of Gauntlets of MIght occuring, for example, on this page 

but i am not sure its supposed to be the same item as Gauntlets of Fumbling for BG 1. Probably the item was designed for BG 2 and its just occasionaly uses the same file name or overrides it. As i said, its better be doublechecked.

Edited by pochesun

On 4/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, 4udr4n said:

Hi Bartimaeus,

Enjoying IRR immensely, ta.

I really like the idea of this mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/32456/unbiased-irrevrykal-5-mod/p1

But it fails to install at the moment.

Wonder if it is something you would consider for IRR? I don't think IR or IRR touch Ir'revrykal.

While I'm at it, I've stumbled upon these while cataloguing mods, might they be worth considering?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31391/foebane-3-and-5-improvement-mod/p1

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40116/mod-improved-cloak-of-non-detection/p1

Like the idea of making sure all enemy types are included for Foebane.

Cloak of Detection already works as per SR Non-Detection, which is much more powerful than the standard Cloak of Non-Detection (although it doesn't grant full immunity to Detect Invisibility and True Seeing).

I think I have revised Unholy Reaver, but it's not currently enabled. I think I may not have been entirely sure how to implement a Blackguard/Anti-Paladin-only weapon (is setting its class requirement to just Paladin but then barring good alignments enough?) + I wasn't sure if there'd be balance issues. Specifically in regards to that person's mod, I'd have to know what the installation error is to fix it.

On 4/26/2020 at 3:35 AM, Cahir said:

Damn, I cannot consistently install Store Revisions from IRR. I have removed the comment and in one install it installed without errors and in current installation it didn't install.

Anyone has any idea?

@4udr4n were you managed to install Store Revisions from IRR? If yes, where did you put it in install order?

The error you received when attempting to install Store Revisions...confuses me. Did you ever figure out the cause here or fix it somehow? The bit in item_rev.tp2 is definitely not it (that's just prevents IR from completely re-arranging every store in the game, which was fine for BG2 when all the BG2 stores were being rebuilt anyways, but made no sense to apply to e.g. BGT games and mess their stores up too), but I'm still unable to parse why this error would occur based on what I see in store_revisions.tpa.

@pochesun Some items have multiple "names", where they'll display a second name in the description field. For this particular item, they're called Gauntlets of Might because that's one part of their function, but also the Gauntlets of Fumbling because they're cursed and have other drawbacks, :). Demivrgvs made an effort to give every cursed item some kind of benefit - some of them better than others (Bracers of Speed are quite powerful, for example). I think there's one cursed item that never did get a proper redesign, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The error you received when attempting to install Store Revisions...confuses me. Did you ever figure out the cause here or fix it somehow? The bit in item_rev.tp2 is definitely not it (that's just prevents IR from completely re-arranging every store in the game, which was fine for BG2 when all the BG2 stores were being rebuilt anyways, but made no sense to apply to e.g. BGT games and mess their stores up too), but I'm still unable to parse why this error would occur based on what I see in store_revisions.tpa.

Yeah, I managed to figure it out, but... I forgot what was the issue. Probably some incompatibility with other mod back then or install order issue. I'm good with current install order. Even managed to tweak item descriptions to my liking (i.e made it more EE style)