IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

20 hours ago, Cahir said:

Yeah, I managed to figure it out, but... I forgot what was the issue. Probably some incompatibility with other mod back then or install order issue. I'm good with current install order. Even managed to tweak item descriptions to my liking (i.e made it more EE style)

Yeah, it seemed that way from the posts you exchanged with Mike in another thread in this forum, :).

Good to know it didn't keep showing up. It's actually always been one of my great fears that I'll go on a hiatus for a month right after patching something and not notice that I completely broke it for the entire time I was on hiatus.

Note to self: Fix problematic implementation of bonus damage that I've known about for years but didn't want to bother with.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus probably not a big deal but when i use Cloak of the Wolf (Relair's Mistake) to shapeshift into Wolfwere console writes "Invalid: 103593: Imoen" (the name depends on what character uses it), though shapeshifting occurs succesfully. And discription of the Cloak says that Wolfwere's weapon becomes "Claws and Bite +1" but nor in inventory screen its specified as Claws and Bite nor in weapon bar in main play screen (it just says "Attack") Also, just a note, that after transformation is able to wear armor, helmets etc (weapons in main hand not). I undestand that it is not a druid with shapeshifter kit effect (cant wear amror) but still its strange to see a werewolf vested with fullplate armor 😆 Also the discription of the item says that in werewolf form all resistances set to 0, while wearing armor could give character additional resistance, which looks contradictory. Just a thought though.

Also i have one question, since i am not aware if its correct: A shapeshifted creature gains extra off-hand attack with weapon equipped in its off-hand? Is it a bug or a feature?

Edited by pochesun
16 hours ago, pochesun said:

Also i have one question, since i am not aware if its correct: A shapeshifted creature gains extra off-hand attack with weapon equipped in its off-hand? Is it a bug or a feature?

A bug, to my way of thinking.  Calling @Luke - did we ever settle on the ideal way for shapeshift weapons to be coded?  I recall a discussion where we hashed out the issues connected to different item flags - whether you get off-hand attacks, whether you get shield bonuses, whether you get style bonuses, etc.

EDIT - now that I think about it, the discussion was about spell-created weapons like Spiritual Hammer and Flame Blade, not shapeshift weapons.  But the question seems even more important in this context.

@subtledoctor

So:

Two-handed: Forces Two-Handed Weapon style, disables off-hand attacks and equipped effects of the off-hand (weapon or shield).
Left-handed: Disables off-hand attacks, equipped effects of the off-hand (weapon or shield) and Two-Weapon style (inventory still displays Two-Weapon style modifiers, but they are not included in the calculations).
Forbid off-hand weapon: It does not disable equipped effects of the off-hand (weapon or shield). In particular:

• For normal weapons, it only disables Two-Weapon style.
  • For magically created weapons, it disables off-hand attacks and Two-Weapon style.

I'd use BIT7 – Left-handed for polymorph/shapeshift weapons...

Edited by Luke
7 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

A bug, to my way of thinking.  Calling @Luke - did we ever settle on the ideal way for shapeshift weapons to be coded?  I recall a discussion where we hashed out the issues connected to different item flags - whether you get off-hand attacks, whether you get shield bonuses, whether you get style bonuses, etc.

EDIT - now that I think about it, the discussion was about spell-created weapons like Spiritual Hammer and Flame Blade, not shapeshift weapons.  But the question seems even more important in this context.

I believe BG EE allows shapeshifters to have shield bonuses (i am not sure though if the bug with accruing multiple bonuses by using shapeshifter ability multiple times has been fixed), and probably it has some sense (after all an average werewolf should be able to hold something big, like a shild, and move or sway it imitating defensive movement - some moveis can attest to it: "Howling" etc :) ). But weild a sword and masterfuly duel with it in form of a wolf is a tad excessive, imho. 

11 minutes ago, pochesun said:

(i am not sure though if the bug with accruing multiple bonuses by using shapeshifter ability multiple times has been fixed)

If you were referring to the fact that equipped bonuses disappear when shapeshifting from a form to another one, then no, the bug is still there (for modders: I'm talking about multiple uses of opcode #135, param#2 = 0). You can reliably reproduce this issue with Edwin...

In order to avoid this issue, you need to return to your original/natural form before using another polymorph/shapeshift ability...

Edited by Luke
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you were referring to the fact that equipped bonuses disappear when shapeshifting from a form to another, then no, the bug is still there (for modders: I'm talking about opcode #135, param#2 = 0). You can reliably reproduce this issue with Edwin...

In order to avoid this issue, you need to return to your original/natural form before using another polymorph/shapeshift ability...

I was referring to a bug that allowed to stack AC bonuses from eqiped shield when shapeshifting multiple times. But i think its inconsequential (a player can always decide for himself to play fair and not exploit the bug), the more important question is if shapeshifters should get any bonuses at all from shields and, most important, from off-hand weapons, including extra attack with off-hand.

Edited by pochesun
5 minutes ago, pochesun said:

the more important question is if shapeshifters should get any bonuses at all from shields and, most important, from off-hand weapons, including extra attack with off-hand.

I see. As I said above, if the "claw" weapon is flagged as "Left-handed", then shield bonuses, off-hand weapon bonuses and extra attack with off-hand weapon are disabled...

Edited by Luke
On 5/20/2020 at 1:25 PM, Luke said:

@subtledoctor

So:

Two-handed: Forces Two-Handed Weapon style, disables off-hand attacks and equipped effects of the off-hand (weapon or shield).
Left-handed: Disables off-hand attacks, equipped effects of the off-hand (weapon or shield) and Two-Weapon style (inventory still displays Two-Weapon style modifiers, but they are not included in the calculations).
Forbid off-hand weapon: It does not disable equipped effects of the off-hand (weapon or shield). In particular:

• For normal weapons, it only disables Two-Weapon style.
  • For magically created weapons, it disables off-hand attacks and Two-Weapon style.

I'd use BIT7 – Left-handed for polymorph/shapeshift weapons...

Just realized this leaves out bit12, "fake two-handed."  (EE-only, just like bit13 "forbid off-hand weapon.")  I think bit12 is the one that stops off-hand attacks, but still gives you the AC bonus and equipping effects of shields.  Right?

2 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Just realized this leaves out bit12, "fake two-handed."  (EE-only, just like bit13 "forbid off-hand weapon.")  I think bit12 is the one that stops off-hand attacks, but still gives you the AC bonus and equipping effects of shields.  Right?

I'm not sure, calling @kjeron...

@Bartimaeus Potion of Absorbtion effect lasts only 1 turn, in discription its 5 turns duration. Something is wrong.

Also Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise aka Legacy of the Masters does not apply damage bonus and THAC0 bonus is not reflected in invenory screen as text (only changes the number).

Edited by pochesun
15 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

OK, I managed to find the original post by Kjeron. Everything you need to know is here.