IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

On 5/19/2020 at 7:11 PM, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus probably not a big deal but when i use Cloak of the Wolf (Relair's Mistake) to shapeshift into Wolfwere console writes "Invalid: 103593: Imoen" (the name depends on what character uses it), though shapeshifting occurs succesfully. And discription of the Cloak says that Wolfwere's weapon becomes "Claws and Bite +1" but nor in inventory screen its specified as Claws and Bite nor in weapon bar in main play screen (it just says "Attack") Also, just a note, that after transformation is able to wear armor, helmets etc (weapons in main hand not). I undestand that it is not a druid with shapeshifter kit effect (cant wear amror) but still its strange to see a werewolf vested with fullplate armor 😆 Also the discription of the item says that in werewolf form all resistances set to 0, while wearing armor could give character additional resistance, which looks contradictory. Just a thought though.

Also i have one question, since i am not aware if its correct: A shapeshifted creature gains extra off-hand attack with weapon equipped in its off-hand? Is it a bug or a feature?

Will investigate the console issue, though I've never seen it on a non-EE game - guess I'll start there.

No way to fix the armor/other equipped items that aren't weapons/shields problem, since even making the items unequippable by the character will still actually leave them equipped and in effect (you can see this in action if you, for example, have a character that doesn't have enough strength to equip an armor, equip Gauntlets of Ogre Strength, equip the armor, then take off the gauntlets - only going through a level-up will forcibly remove the armor). I'll take a look at making Shapeshifted/Polymorphed weapons consistent as outlined by Subtledoctor and Luke, though.

Potion of Absorption: Thanks, will take a look at it.

Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise: Nothing to do here, it's an EE bug in the text displayed that I've investigated like three times now since it's been a frequently reported bug but does actually work regardless of what it says.

@Cahir I've tried to keep everything mostly consistent to SR's and SCS' standards so that everything works the same. A few things that I can think of that SRR does that SR doesn't that might have consequences in what's cast by the AI:

1. Polymorph Other is moved from 5th level to 4th level for druids. I thought it was kind of a horrible fit at 5th level, given its kind of underwhelming power, wizards getting it at 4th, there being a bevy of other useful offensive 5th level spells, and it seemed there was a lack of offensive 4th level spells compared to 3rd and 5th). I don't *think* this was a spell SCS would add to spellcasters to begin with, so I don't think this one matters too much.

2. I gave clerics both Dispel and Remove Magic with Remove Magic replacing the original Dispel Magic (I really hate clerics having both, but non-Revised SR forcibly converted clerics' Dispel Magic to Remove Magic and it's much better for the AI to use it as to not accidentally dispel themselves as well, but I still wanted regular Dispel Magic to be an option since it does have curing properties under certain circumstances).

3. Restored (and slightly beefed up) Rigid Thinking to clerics at the 3rd level as opposed to getting replaced by Contagion (though I eventually ended up beefing up and adding Contagion back as well).

4. Summon Nishruu was restored to the game (was disabled in SR).

5. Completed the removal of Spell Immunity by replacing their individualized versions with alternatives - SR only did some of them, not all, IIRC.

6. Gate and Monster Summoning IX both exist for mages in SRR (used to be that Gate was disabled for mages, but because SR MS9's basilisks are broken, it was switched so that it was MS9 that was disabled instead). I'm unsure to what extent SCS actually decides to use MS9.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise: Nothing to do here, it's an EE bug in the text displayed that I've investigated like three times now since it's been a frequently reported bug but does actually work regardless of what it says.

I see. I guess there are some other items in the game like Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise that actually dont show damage change in inventory screen but actually applies the change. It could be the same issue with Cloak of the Wolf when it says that it gives "Claws and Bites +1" but does not show it in inventory screen as well. I think when i tested it i saw +1 to THAC0 effect in Dice Roll stat in console and it indeed was saying "Slashing" damage, so i guess it works correctly, again, just missing text display in inventory window.

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

No way to fix the armor/other equipped items that aren't weapons/shields problem, since even making the items unequippable by the character will still actually leave them equipped and in effect (you can see this in action if you, for example, have a character that doesn't have enough strength to equip an armor, equip Gauntlets of Ogre Strength, equip the armor, then take off the gauntlets - only going through a level-up will forcibly remove the armor).

Yeah, my issue though was that after i shapeshift with the Cloak and i remove armor from the character, after that i can equip armor again. I can't do that with main weapon though, the game just wont let me. So somehow the game does not change the status of "unequippable" even after the item was removed from the character, seems the game just remembers the status and leaves as it is. Sorry if i misinterpreted your message :) 

Edited by pochesun
On 5/21/2020 at 1:27 PM, Luke said:

I'm not sure, calling @kjeron...

In non-EE games...

Key:
MCW = Magically Created Weapon
OHW = Off-Hand Weapon
OHS = Off-Hand Shield

Only Two-Handed Set
MCW = Two-Handed Weapon Style
MCW + OHW = Crash
MCW + OHS = Crash

Only Left-Handed Set
MCW = Single Weapon Style
MCW + OFW = Dual-Wielding Weapon Style
MCW + OFS = Sword and Shield Style

Only Off-Handed Set
MCW + OFW = Dual-Wielding Weapon Style
MCW + OHS = Shield Applies, Sword and Shield Style

Fake Two-Handed
MCW + OHW = Dual-Wielding Weapon Style

Off-Handed + Left-Handed Set

Off-Handed + Fake Two-Handed Set

Two-Handed + Left-Handed Set
MCW + OHW = Crash
MCW + OHS = Crash

Two-Handed + Fake-Two Handed Set
MCW + OHW = Dual-Wielding but Still Two-Handed Weapon Style
MCW + OHS = Crash

Two-Handed + Off-Handed Set
MCW + OHS = Shield Applies but Still Two-Handed Weapon Style

Left-Handed + Off-Handed + Fake Two-Handed Set

Two-Handed + Left-Handed + Off-Handed Set

Two-Handed + Left-Handed + Fake Two-Handed Set

Two-Handed + Off-Handed + Fake Two-Handed Set

Two-Handed + Left-Handed + Off-Handed + Fake Two-Handed Set

...would like to know what left-handed/fake two-handed do in non-EE games before I start setting them on a bunch of items, because they clearly don't do the same thing in ToBEx games as they do in EE games.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 5/22/2020 at 6:00 PM, Bartimaeus said:

In non-EE games...

Key:
MCW = Magically Created Weapon
OHW = Off-Hand Weapon
OHS = Off-Hand Shield

I don't fully understand your post.  Did you get that from testing, or from some written source?  (If the former... kudos, man.)

You say:

Only Two-Handed Set
MCW = Two-Handed Style
MCW + OHW = Crash
MCW + OHS = Crash

Only Left-Handed Set
MCW + OFW = Dual-Wielding
MCW + OHS = Shield Applies

Kjeron says (presumably about the EE engine):

(Two-handed): forces two-handed weapon style, disabled offhand attacks and equipped effects.

(Left-handed): disables offhand attacks, equipped effects, and Two-Weapon style.

Now, we are considering how to handle an ostensible animal paw, where a weapon is created in the magical weapon slot but the player might already have a normal weapon or a shield in the shield slot (which cannot, to my knowledge, reasonably be removed.)

I set the "left-handed" flag on the paw items in my recent IR fixes, based on the theory that we want to disable the attacks and effects of a shield-slot item; if we want to simulate multiple paws attacking, we can just increase the base APR of the paw item.

But I think you said in your recent SRR update that you applied the "two-handed" flag...?  Wouldn't that, according to the information above, cause crashes on the old engine? 

Edited by subtledoctor

@subtledoctor

Yeah, I tested every possible configuration. Luckily, I did it in the BG2 engine, where simply reloading the game reloads the .itm resource, where the EEs don't - you have to restart the game every time you edit an .itm or .spl for the changes to take effect. Better for load times, I guess - annoying for mod troubleshooting, :p.

I did add the two-handed flag for polymorphs/shapeshifts in both IRR and SRR - but for EE games only, and it can be disabled with settings.ini since someone requested it (but it defaults to on). On a BG2EE game, the differences between left-handed and two-handed weapon that I was able to tell was:

1. The two-handed flag also enables two-handed weapon style bonuses.
2. The left-handed flag enables single weapon style bonuses (if no off-hand sword/shield equipped) OR sword and shield style bonuses (if a sword/shield is equipped - yes, even putting a sword in your shield slot will still give the sword and shield AC vs. missile bonuses when left-handed is enabled for some reason; I even tested having Edwin shoot a bullet at me with and without to make sure it was taking effect, and it was).

I also wasn't a hundred percent sure how to patch in the left-handed flag (although I probably could've figured it out with some tests), but I did know how to patch in the two-handed flag and it seemed like the two-handed flag was more consistent and therefore preferable anyways. I also think if some kind of style bonuses *have* to be applied, the one that makes the most sense is two-handed weapon style (+1 critical hit threat, +1 damage and +4 weapon speed as opposed to +1 critical hit threat and +2 AC).

Edited by Bartimaeus

Changes as of V1.2.32:

1. Potion of Vocalize now lasts 5 turns instead of 1 (note that SRR makes Vocalize last 5 rounds + 1 round/level instead of its normal 1 turn - this is a still a very particular case use potion, but now if you use it, it'll at least last for a while).
  2. Potion of Perception has had a slight rewrite and now also gives a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom. It's a very loose fit to this potion's concept, but a few people have been drumming for the return Potions of Genius for a number of years now, and another recent post about it inspired me to look where a bonus might fit best. Potion of Perception is one of the weakest IR potions, a generic "perception" bonus kiiiind of fits into intelligence and wisdom, but I do realize it is a weak connection - consider this a temporary measure for *some* kind of way of temporarily boosting intelligence and wisdom for the time being.
  3. Unholy Reaver has now been fully implemented, but I'm not sure how much I love its EE icon or its properties. This weapon can be found on the Githyanki Captain in Watcher's Keep (4th level?) along with the anti-paladins. It is a two-handed sword +5 that can only be used by non-good paladins (i.e. blackguards, anti-paladins if your alignment is changed through e.g. Bhaalspawn trials in Hell), with the following properties:

Equipped Abilities:

Mind Shield: confers protection against many forms of mind-affecting magic, such as charm, command, confusion, emotion, domination, fear, feeblemind, hold, sleep, stun, psionics, and other similar effects

Combat Abilities:
     Powerful Weapon: +2 bonus to damage
     Unholy: +5 bonus to damage against good creatures
     Dispelling: removes all magical effects from the target (save vs. spell neg.)

...The idea being that it's sort of an evil Carsomyr, but as a Githyanki weapon, also protects against mental attacks from mindflayers and the like (EE version of this sword had "immunity to charm" and "50% chance to cast dispel magic on each hit", which is kind of where the concept comes from - this weapon was in non-EE BG2 as well, but was unfinished).

4. For enemies that have been given new types of weapons that they didn't previously use (e.g. Captain Haegan getting the Flail of Submission), I have patched them actually getting proficiency points for them (usually between 1-3 stars, dependent on what their original proficiencies looked like + their class/level). Will make them marginally tougher.
  5. Amulet of Energy Shielding has been set to 25% (instead of 15%) of each resistance (with a small bump in value to account for it). It's powerful relative to other elemental resistance jewelry, but 15% was just too low to make me actually want to particularly use this item.

Fixes:

1. All shapechanges, shapechange weapons, and summonable creature weapons are re-stringed to make sure they're actually set correctly (done to fix problems with BG1:EE games where the normal string locations are not correct, plus should also hopefully fix a couple of wrong-string issues that might've popped up in non-BG1EE games).
  2. Integrated Subtledoctor's temple services SR fixes (wrong resources were being used due to SR changes as of the last couple of versions), plus used it to make sure Dispel Magic and not Remove Magic is being offered and therefore actually usable.
  3. Updated the shield and armor list to include items from the "SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade" mod, courtesy of @Cahir.
  4. Potion of Absorption now correctly states 1 turn instead of 5 (note: also says 5 turns in non-Revised IR, but actually also 1 turn - I made a trade here in that I made the physical resistances bonuses 20% instead of 10%).
  5. Shapechanges/polymorphs from IRR now are two-handed to prevent off-hand attacks/shields from applying in EE games (note: can be disabled in settings.ini, defaulted to on).
  6. Made sure certain weapons have the silver/cold-iron property properly enabled for TotSC games - also gave the property to Root of the Problem since it has properties vs. unnatural creatures (subtledoctor idea).
  7. A few creature bane effects should now be applying its damage bonus to all types of appropriate creatures (e.g. Foebane now also does bonus damage to solars, planetars, genies, githyankis, imps, mephits, and tieflings).

There is an issue of different item icon formats between ToBEx, BG1EE, and BG2EE games that I want to sort out before I officially increment the version number to 1.3, but that might be a bit before it happens because it's a complicated issue. So there are the current patch notes in the meanwhile.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, pochesun said:

Cool, great work. Will use it as soon i get to BG 2 with my current run lol. 

I think you told me there was a weird chat log message when using Cloak of the Wolf? Once you reinstall, let me know if that's fixed - I think the re-stringing change should fix it, but I wasn't entirely clearly on what exactly your message was, so I'm not a hundred percent sure.

Edited by Bartimaeus
14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I think you told me there was a weird chat log message when using Cloak of the Wolf? Once you reinstall, let me know if that's fixed - I think the re-stringing change should fix it, but I wasn't entirely clearly on what exactly your message was, so I'm not a hundred percent sure.

Will do.

Hello Bart,

Thank you for your continuous effort to keep IR and SR updated and relevant through your revised series. It is much appreciated!

I'm in the middle of a run right now and my only thief is not skilled enough in Find Traps cause he thought it would be a good idea to spend all points on Pickpockets to steal from every vendor in Faerûn. Anyway, IR's Potion of Sight came to mind to "overcome" this issue temporarily but is not triggering the Find Traps effect for me.

I'm on BG2:EE, latest patch, and made sure that no other mod has modified the item.

WeiDU-FileChangelog:

Spoiler

Mods affecting POTN30.ITM:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.42)

I took a quick look at the item in NI but my understanding of the Infinity Engine is close to zero. Nevertheless, I spotted a Find Traps effect on the spell that is casted (#146) by the spell associated to the potion, in a similar fashion to how Find Traps divine spell work. But got lost there.

58 minutes ago, Antipatiko said:

Hello Bart,

Thank you for your continuous effort to keep IR and SR updated and relevant through your revised series. It is much appreciated!

I'm in the middle of a run right now and my only thief is not skilled enough in Find Traps cause he thought it would be a good idea to spend all points on Pickpockets to steal from every vendor in Faerûn. Anyway, IR's Potion of Sight came to mind to "overcome" this issue temporarily but is not triggering the Find Traps effect for me.

I'm on BG2:EE, latest patch, and made sure that no other mod has modified the item.

WeiDU-FileChangelog:

Hide contents

Mods affecting POTN30.ITM:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.42)

I took a quick look at the item in NI but my understanding of the Infinity Engine is close to zero. Nevertheless, I spotted a Find Traps effect on the spell that is casted (#146) by the spell associated to the potion, in a similar fashion to how Find Traps divine spell work. But got lost there.

Interesting. If I remember correctly, IRR did not modify this potion's effects from standard IR at all until I *just* added the ability to see through improved invisibility like a week ago or two ago. If you're standing right next to somewhere you *know* there is a trap and use the potion, does it not catch it even on that first use?

Edited by Bartimaeus

Thank you for your prompt reply.

To be clear, I'm not blaming IRR for this but it is what I installed and since you seem very active on the forums, I thought you could help me out with this issue.

50 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

If you're standing right next to somewhere you *know* there is a trap and use the potion, does it not catch it even on that first use?

It doesn't. I tried with 2 chars, to no avail. But if my cleric casts Find Traps right next to my thief, he is able to detect the trap. However, my thief cannot disarm it (As intended? I don't remember that rule).

Edited by Antipatiko
10 minutes ago, Antipatiko said:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

To be clear, I'm not blaming IRR for this but it is what I installed and you seem to very active so I thought you could help.

It doesn't. I tried with 2 chars, to no avail. But if my cleric casts Find Traps right next to my thief, he is able to detect the trap. However, my thief cannot disarm it (As intended? I don't remember that rule).

No no, if you're using IRR, it makes sense to post it in the IRR thread - no problem there at all, and I'd of course prefer everything in IRR and SRR to work, so that's more convenient for me than posting it elsewhere to find, :).

The "Find Traps" ability is also the same ability that lets thieves disarm traps, so if your thief is too miserable to find them (is this actually a thing, or are traps always found if you use the ability?), they're definitely gonna be too miserable to disarm them, :p. I'll give an update shortly on the potion and get it working and possibly provide an updated file to get it working in your game - though given that you now know that it doesn't actually help disarm them, it may not ultimately prove to be that useful to you. I think there's another potion that grants bonus Find Traps points...Potion of Perception, perhaps?

Edited by Bartimaeus