IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

@Bartimaeus,

it's been a long time ago since I even attempted a BGT installation but from what I remember I used to install my own 1PP changes after 1PP (which included your fixes/tweaks). I don't remember the exact details either but I guess that since I would be installing my own stuff (hoping to not break anything) after any 1PP version it wouldn't really matter to me what order you guys are going to recommend when it comes to what to install first between IRR and 1PP.

@Bartimaeus Could you please check Voidhammer. Is it supposed to be that the weilder of it does not get any damage bonuses from proficiency, enchantment level and class bonus (in my case 9 level Kensai should have had + 3 damage bonus from the class and + 5 from 5 stars proficiency in hammers). I think that i get Thac0 bonuses from Kensai class and proficiency when using Voidhammer but not damage ones. But you could probably want to check Thac0 as well just in case. Also might be useful to check another void weapon (the sword). Also i am not on the latest patch so if it was corrected for the last 2-3 weeks - then disregard this post :) 

6 hours ago, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus Could you please check Voidhammer. Is it supposed to be that the weilder of it does not get any damage bonuses from proficiency, enchantment level and class bonus (in my case 9 level Kensai should have had + 3 damage bonus from the class and + 5 from 5 stars proficiency in hammers). I think that i get Thac0 bonuses from Kensai class and proficiency when using Voidhammer but not damage ones. But you could probably want to check Thac0 as well just in case. Also might be useful to check another void weapon (the sword). Also i am not on the latest patch so if it was corrected for the last 2-3 weeks - then disregard this post :) 

Voidhammer is not handled by IRR (and nor are any named SOD/BG2EE items), so any bugs with it would be with the original item. On a side-note, the description on the wiki simply says *strength* bonuses do not apply, not proficiency.

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Voidhammer is not handled by IRR (and nor are any named SOD/BG2EE items), so any bugs with it would be with the original item. On a side-note, the description on the wiki simply says *strength* bonuses do not apply, not proficiency.

Thats what i am talking about. It correctly does not apply strength bonuses, but other bonuses should be applied. 

On the other hand it looks like these "void" weapons dont get bonuses from anything (proficieny, bracers etc) :)

Edited by pochesun
1 hour ago, pochesun said:

Thats what i am talking about. It correctly does not apply strength bonuses, but other bonuses should be applied. 

On the other hand it looks like these "void" weapons dont get bonuses from anything (proficieny, bracers etc) :)

I misread your "is it supposed" as "it is supposed", whoops. But regardless, not something handled by IR/R, :). I looked at both Voidsword and Voidhammer from BG2EE, and both of them have their proficiencies set correctly, so I'm not really sure.

10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I misread your "is it supposed" as "it is supposed", whoops. But regardless, not something handled by IR/R, :). I looked at both Voidsword and Voidhammer from BG2EE, and both of them have their proficiencies set correctly, so I'm not really sure.

In inventory there is "null" value next to damage modifiers, i guess its the way to make it deal only magic damage, without and additional modifiers. I have read on Beamdog forum that for those void weapons no modifiers apply to damage change (no class, no class ability like "Kai", no equipment like bracers, no class bonuses like kensai bonus daamge etc.). There is a conspiracy theory that designers wanted to make something else with that weapon but then they failed to do it and just ditched the idea and left the weapon as it is :) 

(Post duplicated from the SRR thread)

I have completed the transition of installing IR first and then SR second in the last github repository. I will be doing a full release with a proper version number increment for both IRR and SRR once I have finalized compatibility between these two and 1pp as well, with fuller instructions to follow. For the time being, if you're installing the very latest repositories, it should be:

1. Main component of IR.
  2. Main component of SR.
  3. (Non-EE only): Except for the avatar-switching script component, all of 1pp v4.1.0 with my 1pp fixes (NOT v4.2.0 - full v4.2.0 compatibility without any need for my fixes will be forthcoming in the near future). EE games do not need 1pp or to heed this step.
  4. The rest of SR after any other spell-adding components that aren't SCS and CDTweaks (i.e. all the other components should always be before SCS and CDTweaks).
  5. The rest of IR after any other item-adding components (but like above, before SCS and CDTweaks - SCS and CDTweaks should be installed after all "content" components, which should be pretty late into your install). Note that the order of #4 and #5 do not actually matter in relation to each other - you can do IR's secondary components first or SR's secondary components first, it shouldn't matter, so long as they are after other content-adding mods.

1. Is it intentional that the Greenstone Amulet doesn't quite fit into any spell effect? At first I though it was Mind Blank but it seems like it's not the case. It's like a Chaotic Commands that also deals better with fringe stuff like psionics. Nothing wrong with that just confirming it's intentional.

2. Does the "Free Action" or "Freedom of Action" spell effect and/or Protection from Hold and Stun item effect protect vs Mind Flayer Psionics that stun? Or maybe the general question should be. Are psionics special compared to spells in anyway except for the fact that the are (probably) level 0 so they can't be blocked by spell deflection or magic resisted?

3. I recently found a Throwing Spear and I was wondering if it would be possible to make throwing weapons a little more common and ubiquitous throughout the game? Using them in a dedicated build seems foolish due to their scarcity and even then there are (probably) not enough good options to upgrade to once you find one of the few ones that exist.

4. What IS the purpose of missile damage? Why does it need to exist compared to (for example) having ranged projectiles do piercing damage?

5. Reading the Compatibility Section of the original IR I was left to wonder how does the game handle item packs. I'm currently looking into Sod to BG2EE item Upgrade mod and I wonder how the changes made by IR would work with upgrade recipes. For instance the mod contains a recipe to craft an improved robe that uses as ingredients the old robes of evil/neutral/good mage.

6. Are there any item pack mods that are taken into account by IR directly or that fit very well with IR? or is it just Vanilla non SoD items? I'm trying to decide if using IR means sacrificing the usage of item packs in general.

7. Just noticed the scroll seller in Ust Natha is selling the Claw of Kazgaroth. Which is a little awkward since my character has been wearing one since the beginning of bg1 (and still is!). I guess Kazgaroth has (had?) multiple claws and they can all be enchanted to do the same. Anyway the reason I bring it up is that I really like the design of this item. Strong upside with a strong downside are the most interesting types of items to work with and make builds around. Specially when you are able to iron out the downside with clever build/item/spell choices. Let's just say I never leave home without my death ward.

Greenstone Amulet: I think so. One positive from being its own type of effect ("Mind Shield") is that it doesn't have to correspond to any other spell, either - meaning, that you're more free to define exactly what it does than if it was specifically Chaotic Commands, so if you want it to grant total immunity to psionics when Chaotic Commands might not necessarily grant, you can do that.

Free Action: Having a real confabulation moment here, thought for sure Free Action did not protect from stun at all (as stun is not a movement modifier but a mental state) and hadn't for a long while with SR, but it apparently does. As far as I know, psionic stunning simply uses the stun opcode, so if an item claims to grant immunity to stunning (note that "hold" is a different effect entirely and therefore not necessarily included unless it claims both), it should do the trick.

Missile Damage: Above my pay-grade to answer for the most part. It continues to exist because that's simply how the BG games were made. I don't know if missile damage is actually a P&P convention or not, but for the IE games specifically, I would guess it's there in order to provide specific protection or penalties against it (missile damage reduction, missile damage AC bonuses/penalties) because ranged attacks are inherently different from melee in terms of advantages and exploitation.

Item Packs: Items that make modifications to base items after IR does, or use them as part of recipes, will simply be inconsistent with IR. IR can't possibly deal with all other mods making their own changes. If you want othed mod-added items to be affected by IR's global changes (e.g. Weapon Changes, Revised Shield Bonuses, etc.), those components should be installed after those item-adding mods. As for anything that fits in: sorry, no idea, as I don't use any item-adding mods - I think the base game has quite enough already, and enough wrong with them that I don't even want to think about other people's items.

Claw of Kazgaroth: I know I've looked up how the importing feature works before, but I think I eventually just came to the conclusion it was "better" (i.e. significantly easier) to always act as if the Sword of Chaos +2 and the Helm of Balduran were always the imported items. Sorry for the inconsistencies if that's not the case, :p.

More Throwing Weapons: IIRC, there were literally zero throwing spears in the original BG2, hence the lack of javelins appearing anywhere. I'd also like to see throwing weapons as a whole become more ubiquitous, but it's an extremely annoying and time-consuming process to consider, and anyways, I wouldn't want to force it via IR (and I don't really want to do the work to properly implement it at all, if we're being honest). BG1 is especially light on throwing weapons - BG2 obviously adds a number of enchanted throwing daggers, throwing spears (via IR), throwing axes, and throwing hammers, but they're not really used that much by enemies.

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

as if the Sword of Chaos +2 and the Helm of Balduran were always the imported items.

Helm of Balduran got quite a nerf in IR (IRR) imho. I like to import Horn of Kazgaroth, personally :)

Btw i am about to start a new run with latest versions of SRR and IRR, just wanted to know if potion of speed interaction with slow has been fixed. thank you.

Edited by pochesun
1 hour ago, pochesun said:

Helm of Balduran got quite a nerf in IR (IRR) imho. I like to import Horn of Kazgaroth, personally :)

Btw i am about to start a new run with latest versions of SRR and IRR, just wanted to know if potion of speed interaction with slow has been fixed. thank you.

Note that IRR places the Horn of Kazgaroth as well - the lich Deril holds it (following Almateria's Restoration Project's lead). So you'll have duplicates of both, and no Helm of Balduran. Oh well! :p Also, I got confused - Sword of Chaos +2 isn't part of the importing process, but Mail of the Dead +2 is, of course, considered the default option for the second list of items.

Forgot to test it, but I just did now, and it does work, :). Again, IR first, SR second now if you're using the latest repository versions.

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Note that IRR places the Horn of Kazgaroth as well - the lich Deril holds it (following Almateria's Restoration Project's lead). So you'll have duplicates of both, and no Helm of Balduran. Oh well! :p Also, I got confused - Sword of Chaos +2 isn't part of the importing process, but Mail of the Dead +2 is, of course, considered the default option for the second list of items.

Forgot to test it, but I just did now, and it does work, :). Again, IR first, SR second now if you're using the latest repository versions.

Oh wow, did not know that about the Horn. Quite a revamp. I guess i am importing Balduran helmet next time :) 

Sorry for being obtuse, what does main component of IR/SR include? (regarding installation order). Is it just IR or IR+IRR? :) 

Edited by pochesun

>Is it just IR or IR+IRR?

Sorry, I should really stop using IR and IRR, SR and SRR interchangeably - whenever I've referred to either, I really just meant IRR or SRR, as I have no authority over the official versions of IR or SR. I just mean to install the "main components" of both in that order, with the main components being the first components of each.