IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

not cheating. With IR you can reach very low AC especially with large shield. And I think it can be usefull, some enemies do have very low thac0

I use dexterity penality for heavy armor but I allow Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor .

THe problem is that the component " movement speed penalities " fail a little bit Imo. It should alllow to balance the powerness of heavy armors but it is very inconvenient in practise : when you explore area, your main tank remain very far from the group and as soon you meet enemies, you get your weak characters in first line.

but I think the mod A7_AUtohast (made by argent77) can solve this problem coz it gives all characters the same speed when exploring area (if there is no enemies in sight) you can dowload this amazing mod here :

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1011101/#Comment_1011101

Edited by DrAzTiK

Small edit to purge the viewer from disillusions

not . With IR cheating you can reach very low AC ...

Exactly, you said it yourself.

The reason for the enemy to have very low thac0 is that they can only hit your chars so many times and if they need to randomly miss 70%, it's not really worth trying to even hit. See the SCS scripts on when to cast spells...

What I am saying that being purist has a logical reason for the -10 AC limit to be there. ... but that's not saying that much about not allowing for other options if the player wants to op-them-in to their game. Yes, I do too cheat kinda a lots in multiple ways. But I know that I cheat and how that effects the games I cheat in at. Seems to me that you didn't.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Jarno, please keep your posts on topic and to the point. It's very difficult to follow what you are saying.

We have few moderation policies here except NO SPAM. Posts that don't contribute to the topic at hand will be removed or relegated to a dark corner of the forums.

Sorry Bartimaeus, I am giving you a lot of work :

kua toa bolts are very heavy, too much for Jan Jansen. I remember I noticed this bug 5 or 6 years ago ha ha
flasher mater brusier (jan bolts) : it looks like there is an area of effect for the paralysation effect. I don't know if it is intended.
cloack of the Shield (CLCK20) : I don't remember this item, is it an EE item ? maybe it would make more sense to have this item to be similar to shield amulet. (cast spell shield if equipped)
Edited by DrAzTiK

From Demi's notes that I read, Kua-Toa Bolts being heavy (and dealing an additional 2 damage from normal bolts) is intended. Jan's Flashers is intended, too - they have poor damage to compensate, as I recall. Cloak of the Shield is definitely not new - it's been around since BG1! - although I changed its implementation because I felt it was so terrible, especially given its location in BG1 (end of Durlag's Tower) and BG2 (Firkraag).

(e): Although it looks like I forgot to actually enable the 1D12 damage for the Kua-Toa bolts when using Weapon Changes, so I'll have to fix that.

Edited by Bartimaeus

[EE games] I think that the Short Sword of Backstabbing should be tweaked in the following way:

Slays a humanoid creature [opcode #55] upon a successful backstab/sneak attack [opcode #340] (Save vs. Death to avoid)

To tell the truth, the same holds for Cutthroat +4: Silence upon a successful backstab/sneak attack (Save vs. Death to avoid)

What do you think?

Edited by Luke

Doesn't affect me (not an EE player), so I'm not the best judge, but I am not a fan. Backstabs are super easily exploitable and easy to rack up if you're determined (especially the second you throw in Boots of Speed and then Haste), and you're basically adding the Heartseeker property to it, except instead of a 15% chance, it's 100% on backstabs. Seems very strong. It is, of course, dependent on the player exploiting backstabs, but it's probably not a change I would advocate for.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I agree with Bartimaeus on the last one. Especially as it makes Irenicus, Sendai etc baddies a cake walk.

[EE games] To be honest, it's not that strong if you play with Sneak Attack ON (since you're allowed to perform it once every 420 seconds......)

Edited by Luke

escuse me but what are Sneak Attacks exactly ?

It's an alternative to Backstab for EE games. If you install this mod, then you can enable this (hidden) option.

In case you need further details, please have a look at the IWD:EE manual (Mastering Melee & Magic......)

Small edit to purge the viewer from disillusions

not . With IR cheating you can reach very low AC ...

Exactly, you said it yourself.

The reason for the enemy to have very low thac0 is that they can only hit your chars so many times and if they need to randomly miss 70%, it's not really worth trying to even hit. See the SCS scripts on when to cast spells...

What I am saying that being purist has a logical reason for the -10 AC limit to be there. ... but that's not saying that much about not allowing for other options if the player wants to op-them-in to their game. Yes, I do too cheat kinda a lots in multiple ways. But I know that I cheat and how that effects the games I cheat in at. Seems to me that you didn't.

oh yeah I am purged. but I don't cheat, honest!! don't even use ctrl+J. I only use shadow/eekeepr to raise Minsc charisma coz Boo is waaaaaaay more charismatic than stupid original devs gave him, right Boo?

Edited by InKal

Small update. V1.2.0 released:

1. When using weapon changes, Kua-Toa's bolts were not getting 1D12 damage as they should've.
  2. A number of summonable creatures from items were not properly marked as summonables (also now correctly killed by SR's Banishment).

The different version number format is at ALIENQuake's request. V1.2.0 is later than V1.1xx.

(e): Another small update, V1.2.1 released:

1. Arbane's Sword's Hastening ability was missing because I missed a line in item_content.tpa.
  2. Joril's Dagger was missing its Confusing property due to trying to call "spconfus" instead of "dvconfus".
  3. Gosh danged Rod of Lordly Might's Terrifying special ability was missing because I'm just a dummy. Thanks to lolfixer for identifying these missing resources: there shouldn't be any others.
Edited by Bartimaeus