IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

It's easy to change the rat form to not have as good resistances - I don't think it's possible to make it ignore what other items you have equipped (except for weapons).

.spls are usually used for the "end" effects (what actually is supposed to happen) due to the fact that it's easy to immunize certain types of creatures from the spell as well as support multiple effects. Also, I confirmed the issue and just fixed it, thank you!

Hi Bartimaeus, I'm glad you are back. I really missed your modifications (specially SRR since it needed to update).

I have a suggestion. Is it possible to add the spell descriptions to items that cause you to be affected by a spell? For example that amulet that gives you the shield effect while you wear it. If you are not supper familiar with the spell effects then it's a little bit hard to find it since your mod might or might have not changed default SR behavior.

Also, is it default behavior for these items to give you a portrait buff with the spell effect? I can't remember if I last i installed that component from tweaks that disables items giving portrait buff icons.

Thanks!

1. Would love to have like hyperlinked text for e.g. the "Shield" in "Spell: Shield", where you could mouse over it and it'd display a description, but unfortunately, that's not an option in this game engine. I wish there was an elegant way of doing it, but there's really not - so the only way of doing it is to basically post a blob of text in parentheses after, which is varying degrees of onerous depending on the exact spell.

2. Yes, it is default behavior. Using that Anthology Tweaks component if you don't care for it is a good idea, :).

Nice to see you back Bartimaeus,

while toying with items, i've noticed a wrong parameter in Rashad's Talon +2 (sw1h23.itm) melee effect : increase attack speed factor parameter1 is set to 10 while the parameter 2 is set to 2. According to IESDP, the parameter1 should be set to 2 and the other one (wich is stated unused by the way) back to 0 ?

Edited by ptifab
typos
5 hours ago, ptifab said:

Nice to see you back Bartimaeus,

while toying with items, i've noticed a wrong parameter in Rashad's Talon +2 (sw1h23.itm) melee effect : increase attack speed factor parameter1 is set to 10 while the parameter 2 is set to 2. According to IESDP, the parameter1 should be set to 2 and the other one (wich is stated unused by the way) back to 0 ?

Hm, thanks for letting me know, I'll have to play around with it because I've never used this property before. I'm not sure if this property is even working, as the duration is set to 0. DLTCEP says parameter1 subtracts the value of parameter1 (10 here) from the speed factor value, so presumably the intent is to get a speed factor of zero after triggering a Cleave as to immediately make a second attack. Unsure if that actually works out in practice.

Just another thing : i've seen that IR does not handle mods that adds "exotic" weapons like two-handed axes, when using components like "Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons" (component 17). Maybe because it only checks for a weapon category and should check also if it's two-handed ?

If you want an exemple : DSOTSC mod adds some two-handed axes like polearms (DSAXE03.ITM, DSAXE05.ITM), with their category flags as axes but they are also two-handed, and you can see that IR has (wrongly) added the opcode #305 off-hand THAC0 bonus. I don't know if it has side effects though so maybe it's harmless. I just wanted to point this issue.

I tested about 20 different scenarios involving that weapon speed factor opcode, and found that it seemed to do nothing in precisely all of them. I set it to 10, I set it to 0, I set it to -10, I gave the weapon 5 attacks per round, I had it give only one, I did it on equip, I did it on only after an attack, etc. So from what I can tell, it seems to be completely useless for the (presumable) purpose of causing an immediate extra attack.

I have a request. If it's too annoying or cumbersome then probably just ignore it but I figured no harm asking.

I noticed you added more options to the component that "removes weapon restrictions from multi-classed divine spellcasters", specifically "Druids Only" and "Druids Only with Halved Specialization". This is great and I would have used it a long time ago but for now my preferred option is "Both with Halved". My request radicates in the fact that I use EET automated installer and I just manually patch your mod inside IR and SR before I let the installer do it's thing. Normally IR has those components as 1090 to 1093 (the last one being the one I use) but your mod changes this to be 1090 to 1095 with a different order. In your mod 1093 is "Clerics Only, With Halved Specialization" while I told EET to install "Clerics and Druids, With Halved Specialization" causing the installer to use the wrong component.

The way I have been fixing this is manually editing the item_rev.tp2 file and swapping around the designated numbers. Just figured I would bring this up since this is the only time your components don't match perfectly to IR ones.

Like I said, no biggie if it's not worth changing.

30 minutes ago, NdranC said:

Wait, seriously? I was pretty sure I very specifically made the component numbers stay exactly the same for the express purpose of avoiding automated installers having issues. How in the world did that happen? Yeah, I'll fix it. I wonder if I initially did it correctly, but then came across it later and saw "hey, these subcomponents are out of order for no reason, better fix 'em!" without remembering the reasoning. Bah.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hello, Bartimaeus.

22 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I tested about 20 different scenarios involving that weapon speed factor opcode, and found that it seemed to do nothing in precisely all of them. I set it to 10, I set it to 0, I set it to -10, I gave the weapon 5 attacks per round, I had it give only one, I did it on equip, I did it on only after an attack, etc. So from what I can tell, it seems to be completely useless for the (presumable) purpose of causing an immediate extra attack.

Are you saying that the Weapon Speed factor has no effect?

I thought that what it'd do was to prioritize the timing of the attacks so that a weapon with lower speed factor would cause its damage earlier during a combat round, possibly killing the enemy and avoiding taking damage from the opponent's slower weapon?

1 hour ago, Salk said:

Hello, Bartimaeus.

Are you saying that the Weapon Speed factor has no effect?

I thought that what it'd do was to prioritize the timing of the attacks so that a weapon with lower speed factor would cause its damage earlier during a combat round, possibly killing the enemy and avoiding taking damage from the opponent's slower weapon?

No no, I'm saying it seemingly had no effect for any scenario I tried involving increased ApR. No matter what I did, under any circumstances, using that opcode didn't seem to change how the game handled suddenly having +1 ApR (or even +5 ApR) for a round. So...since it didn't affect it, it made no sense to keep it. Also, again, it was set to a duration of 0, so I'm pretty sure non-revised IR never actually used it to begin with, but I thought it might be worth screwing around with to see if it had an effect...and it really didn't seem to, so it gets the boot.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Never used/touched that option, but in general, it seems like Demi (author of the mod) did not want to try to have a "Special:" field with base item modifiers like that (or the different weapon type AC bonuses that all base armors have), so shields (which already had it in vanilla) are the only ones that do.

Edited by Bartimaeus
40 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Never used/touched that option, but in general, it seems like Demi (author of the mod) did not want to try to have a "Special:" field with base item modifiers like that (or the different weapon type AC bonuses that all base armors have), so shields (which already had it in vanilla) are the only ones that do.

Wait, is that why I can't see before hand if an armor is better against piercing or blunt? Why!? I really hate changing the game in a way that is not transparent to the player, this game is too complex to keep hidden things from the player.

Activating the optionals that make some weapons do piercing or slashing damage do show up on their descriptions though.

Edited by NdranC