IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Today, normal people use .zip's because they work for everyone, and the .rar, .7z's etc have little to no use anymore because they hardly give any benefit ... except in professional usage, or in file partitioning... I use my winrar to make the archives, but I usually package them as .zip's because people are likely to use them, rather than say bizarro53d -format. As the file size save between .zip, .rar and .7z is minimal... while it does come to action with .txt compression. And all forums that accept file upload, at least accept .zip's, while they might not the others.

So no, the 7z is not the way to go. That's regardless whether you talk about the file format, or the program, the later of course is a matter of a taste.

I meant the 7-zip *program* is the way to go, because it's not annoying "freeware" like WinRAR and WinZIP. I'll try to use zip files from now on, though - no doubt that .zip is the most accepted (natively by OSes without the need for any software, too).

Edited by Bartimaeus

1pp fixes were integrated into BWFixpack to appreciate Bartimaeus wonderful work. Because BWS will always use 1pp Fixes by Bartimaeus, there is one small install order change:

1pp "401 Improved Projectile Effects" is installed after after Item Revision Main component

STD;item_rev;0;16;0111;
STD;1pp;401;20;1111;

No other install order changes were made. If you installing IRR, you still need to follow instruction from first page because BWS doesn't support changing install order in cases where different mods were chosen.

Edited by ALIENQuake

Thank you very much, ALIENQuake! I will leave up my .zip for the time being for people not using BWPFP.

1.11b: The latest version fixes a couple of more bugs I noticed with EE items, and additionally re-introduces different staff sprites for EE games like you would see if you were playing vanilla (if you're playing non-EEs, it will not affect you - install 1PP's staves components, Colourable Quarterstaves and Wizards' Staves, to get the equivalent if you so desire them). If anyone notices any more inconsistencies like this with the EE's graphics, feel free to let me know and I'll come up with fixes.

Additionally, the main post has been updated to reflect the ongoing effort to introduce better compatibility and restored features to the Enhanced Editions.

​(e): 1.11c. Thanks to Luke once again for these.

​1. Wand of the Heavens would not damage the initial target if they were friendly (does this happen in SR?). Now it does (though the area of effect is still enemy-only).

2. Wand of Monster Summoning was accidentally shooting fireballs instead of summoning monsters. Oops!

3. Wand of Fire: a potentially incorrect string triggering when using the wand has been fixed.

4. Items with magic damage resistance now use the correct portrait icon (no longer Protection from Magic, but instead Protection from Magical Energy).

5. Fixed the colors and description images of some plate armors.

6. Additionally fixed the colors of other armors and robes as well.

7. Cone of Cold from Wand of Frost and Rod of the Apprenti fixed(?). Sometimes would not actually cast the spell under certain circumstances.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Yeah, I was still fixing some other things. Now released with the additional notes above. For those playing on the EEs, all armor should look like the enhanced edition versions (also restores Casiel's Soul to the dark purple plate icon).

(e): Why are wands so weird? Wand of Frost doesn't like to work at max range (but works when you caster it shorter), and now Wand of Monster Summoning does the same thing. Ack.

(e): 1.11d released (hopefully the last for a couple of days at least).

1. Fixes wands not working when using them at max range...although for the time being, the solution requires a half-second casting animation for Rod of the Apprenti's Cone of Cold, Wand of Frost, and Wand of Monster Summoning. If anyone knows more as to why these wands don't work when attempting to use them with the cast instantly property at a long range, please let me know. They instantly start working again when not using the cast instantly property, but it causes that small cast animation, which, while not the end of the world, isn't ideal.

2. Eagle Bow's and Root of the Problem's Entangling was lasting 2 rounds instead of 1.

3. Wand of Cursing now correctly says that it's not usable by wizard slayers (previously said "usable by everyone").

4. Fixes some more strings relating to using wands and a few other item special abilities.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Well, we didn't quite make it a "couple of days". However, I think I have finally stomped out all bugs with wands (thanks to kjeron for explaining what exactly was happening, and thanks to Luke for pushing me to figure out what was going on - I never use wands, so I probably would've never noticed most of their issues), so if you were having problems with AoE wand effects, those should now be fixed.

1.11e released:

1. Various AoE wand effects not always triggering as they should (Wand of the Apprenti's Cone of Cold, Wand of Frost, Rod of Lordly Might's Horror, some of Rod of Wonder's effects, etc. - I had sort of fixed them in the previous version, but the solution wasn't perfect and I had missed a couple). Additionally, a couple of wands were incorrectly using vs. spell or breath saving throws - they should now be vs. wand.

2. Rod of Wonder now correctly states it gets 3x uses per day, but be warned: the targeting on this wand is a bit harsher than it used to be (e.g. if it happens to cast Stoneskin, it will cast it on whoever is targeted, even an enemy). The description said only fools would use it, after all.

3. IR's Cones of Cold (e.g. on Wand of Frost) now correctly use 1D4 + 1 damage per level as per SR (instead of 1D6 as it had been previously - this means 6D4 + 6 for Wand of Frost, and 10D4 + 10 for Wand of the Apprenti), and additionally, their saving throws are now at a -4 (from -2) as per SR.

4. Wand of Lightning's save is now at a -4 penalty as per SR.

5. Prismatic Explosion is restored to Prismatic Chain, though its effects are that of an SR Prismatic Spray (the projectile is simply at a 360 degree angle away from the user, no targeting necessary).

Edited by Bartimaeus

1.11f released.

1. Drowcraft items now use the correct animations and colors for EE games.

2. Projectiles now use their correct unique animations and colors on EE games, including arrows, bullets, bolts, throwing axes, throwing daggers, and darts.

3. Fixes for BG1-only (EE or Tutu) installs, including correctly handling Arla's Dragonbane, Girdle of Trollish Fortitude, World's Edge, Ring of Sorcery, etc.

4. Set proper checks for BG1-only vs. BG2(EE)/BGT(EE) installs so that if you're playing on only BG1:EE, a few items aren't getting accidentally shuffled around.

5. Now checks for UB's Artemis Entreri component before doing the vanilla IR patching of Life Stealer onto Gromnir's assassin, so you cannot get two of this dagger.

Essentially, if you're not playing an EE or Tutu, this update does (almost) nothing for you. HOWEVER..:

1pp fixes 1.03 released.

So this one's a little complicated to explain. I would like to say in advance that it's not my fault, though - no, really, guys, I'm serious, it wasn't me this time! Well, it wasn't all me, anyhow.

Essentially what happened is when I merged BWP Fixpack projectile "fixes" into the previous version of my 1pp fixes, there was a pretty serious oversight that made it so most of the Improved Projectiles component was not actually being installed (even though it said it was). The previous BWPFP fix (not by me) was to detect if the projectiles had had their projectile changed in some manner and would proceed if it was what it expected, but would skip the given file if it wasn't. Unfortunately, it failed to notice that the projectile number it checks in a given item against the projectiles identifier list that the game uses is off by 1. For example, if arow01 (normal Arrows) is set to use projectile #2 (aka ARROW, or 02 in hex), it's actually projectile #1 (or 01) in the identifier file. So it was checking everything against the wrong projectile by one more than it should. I fixed this by editing the projectile identifier check to be one lower than what it's trying to detect, and it appears to have fixed the problem. Sorry I didn't notice this before - I guess I should've tested the BWPFP's fixes before committing them to my own.

Additionally, I fixed another "wrong file" bug that 1PP had. The bolt09 (Bolt +3) patch was detecting to see if bolt09 existed in the game, but then would attempt to patch bolt06 instead. Bolt09 should now have its unique projectile animation again. Like the other 1PP bugs listed at the end of the original post, this one affects the EEs as well - so now if you use IRR, Bolt +3 will receive its unique projectile animation in EE games even though it was never properly applied in the unmodded EEs like it should've been.

(e): The latest 1pp fixes have been integrated into the latest version of the BWP Fixpack.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Getting an error with Revised Critical Hit Aversion

Installing [Revised Critical Hit Aversion] [V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)]

Copying and patching 3172 files ...

ERROR: [HELM18.ITM] -> [override/HELM18.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("Str.search_forward"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Revised Critical Hit Aversion], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 22 files for [iTEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 1200.

Uninstalled 22 files for [iTEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 1200.

ERROR: Invalid_argument("Str.search_forward")

BG2EE fresh install

Weidu

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension Core (requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues for Bioware NPCs by shawne: v1.51 BETA BWP 20170519

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alignment Correction

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Class Tweaks/Fixes

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Restored Locations: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #1 // Restored Characters and Dialogs: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #2 // Restored Sounds: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #3 // Restored Items: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #4 // Restored Wish Options: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #5 // Restored XP for Minor Things: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #6 // Lich Deril: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #7 // Restored Random Encounters: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #8 // Minor Restorations: v8.2.8

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #13 // Restored Waukeen's Promenade Cutscene: v8.2.8

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v27beta

~UB/UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // Restored Banters, by Camdawg and Angel: v27beta

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Revisions: Beta 20

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #110 // Revised THAC0 tables: Beta 20

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #120 // Revised Saving Throws: Beta 20

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #130 // Revised XP Progression: Beta 20

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #65 // Revised Warrior HLAs: v4 Beta 15

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.90b1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.90b1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.90b1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.90b1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.90b1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.90b1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.90b1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.90b1

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Revised High Level Abilities -> Choose which classes get revised HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Fighter HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Barbarian HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Ranger HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #104 // Paladin HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #105 // Cleric HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #106 // Druid HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #107 // Monk HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #108 // Wizard HLAs: beta 4.19

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #109 // Bard HLAs: beta 4.19

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Revised Armor -> With Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #18 // Revised Backstabbing -> Thief-only Weapons: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.11f)

v1.09c installs correctly :/

Edited by Kangkunis

I don't think I've touched the critical hits component, so that's interesting. Let me see if I can figure it out.

(e): Figured it out. The bug only applied to EE games (incorrectly assigned animation to an ioun stone). Sorry for the trouble! On a plus note, you should notice a pretty substantial improvement in the various colors and animations used since 1.09.

V1.11g released:

1. Fixes HELM18 being assigned a helmet animation it shouldn't have been in EE games.

2. Created a new .bam for Throwing Axe +2 (AX1H06) that helps differentiate it from Throwing Axe +1 (also has different colors).

TA +1: DLTCEP_2018-01-12_06-17-26.png & DLTCEP_2018-01-12_06-09-17.png

TA +2: DLTCEP_2018-01-12_06-13-31.png & DLTCEP_2018-01-12_06-09-37.png

Hmm, occurs to me now that it may be a little too subtle. Oh well, better than nothing.

Edited by Bartimaeus

V1.11h forthcoming whenever.

1. Aegis-fang +3 was not switching from the throwing/melee to the melee-only variant properly. Additionally, its new .bam had its handle cleaned up a little (looked a little wobbly at the end).

2. Mercykiller Ring gets a new .bam, a red variant of its old one (which it previously shared with Ring of the Burglar - they ain't called the Red Death for nothing, after all).

These are kind of fun to make. I hope nobody thinks they're too horrible to be in the game. If you do, speak up now before I get used to them! :p

Aegis-fang +3: DLTCEP_2018-01-12_20-57-30.png & DLTCEP_2018-01-12_20-58-43.png

Mercykiller Ring: DLTCEP_2018-01-12_20-59-11.png & DLTCEP_2018-01-12_20-59-02.png (from DLTCEP_2018-01-12_21-01-16.png & DLTCEP_2018-01-12_21-00-48.png - Ring of Regeneration for comparison: DLTCEP_2018-01-12_21-02-44.png & DLTCEP_2018-01-12_21-02-23.png).

Edited by Bartimaeus