IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

@Bartimaeus

On my current run i noticed couple of things. 

1) Cloak of Displacement: first of all when i equip it to the character it does not provide visual blur effect by default. When a character equipped with it starts fight then blur effect appears in 1 round after the beggining of the fight. Also in inventory i can see charachter gains -3 bonus to AC but i think its not reflected in rolls, like blur is not there. I casted blur spell naturally and then i could see effect in rolls. Not sure if its working as intended.

2) Belt of Inertial Barrier: again known issue with effects working properly depending on the possitioning (10 radius south is not the same as 10 radius west etc). I know this issue is hard to solve , just mentioning. But could you please check if all other maluses for opponents Ac, Thac0, speed factor, movement works as intended. I am not sure about that one.

3) I have not used Ressurection spell from cleric book yet but i had to use temple services in Helm (i think) and Ressurection returned charachterback to life with 1 health, without restoring full health, practically functioning like Raise Dead spell. If cleric Ressurrection spell works buggy it might be crucial in battle. Also worth checking imho.

Also a reminder (in case you want to touch and mend it any time soon): Horn of Kazagoth is not appearing on Derril Lich due to wrong spelling in file. :)

Edited by pochesun

Blur visual effect: Intended. Designed to reduce the visual annoyance of always having the blur effect on. IRR's Cloak of Mirroring works the same way. As for the actual rolls...uh, I'll look into it, but I'd expect it to work correctly.

Belt of Inertial Barrier: Will do.

Resurrection: Not even a spell SRR touches, I don't think, but I'll look into it and see why health isn't being fully restored for the temple version.

Horn: Yeah, it's been on my mind, but no time as of late. Will get to it, though, :).

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Blur visual effect: Intended. Designed to reduce the visual annoyance of always having the blur effect on. IRR's Cloak of Mirroring works the same way. As for the actual rolls...uh, I'll look into it, but I'd expect it to work correctly.

Belt of Inertial Barrier: Will do.

Resurrection: Not even a spell SRR touches, I don't think, but I'll look into it and see why health isn't being fully restored for the temple version.

Horn: Yeah, it's been on my mind, but no time as of late. Will get to it, though, :).

ok great thx :) Could you please post it here about Belt, Cloak and Ressurection after you have time to check them.  I just want to be sure i am not crazy about those :) 

Regarding Cloak, while its a neat and elegant idea to avoid visual annoyance, the description of the cloak states : "Aside from being an effective defense in combat situations, it has also been the cause of serious eyestrain amongst fellow party members". I feel that that implied "annoyance" could be coherent with the essence of the item :) 

Edited by pochesun

Sure.

As for the cloak...true, but on the other hand, it annoyed me enough that I was constantly taking it off and putting it back on because I hate the effect so much, so I designed a way to fix it without removing the effect entirely, and at the time, people liked the idea, so it stuck, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus have you had a chance to check those bugs i reported ? :)

i managed to test Cloak and Belt again today. My issue with the Cloak is while Cloak imitates Blur spell it does not function quite the same as Blur spell. Blur spell forces all attacks be made with - 3 penalty which is refelected in rolls (for instance a roll of 14-3=11=Hit), while the Cloak just grants extra 3 AC to a charachter. Basiacally to hit the character with equipped Cloak you need to naturally roll 11 (11+0=11= Hit). While the result is the same the mechanics are different. Though probability of hitting 11 and 14 at random roll is equal (and I am not well familiar with all items/restrictions/spells interractions in the game) so i am not sure how the difference in mechanics could be critical, but probably there could be some cases when for instance rolling "not less than" certain number is relevant (and then probability is different). Also i dont know if "saving throw bonus +3" part of Blur spell applies to the Cloak, since, again, mechanics seems a bit different of how the Cloak and Blurr spell work. I havent tested with saving throws so you better check it for yourself.

Belt of Inertial Barrier: while i could see the effect of the Inertial Barrier agains opponents in terms of THAC0 reduction by 1 (it was reflected in roll window at least) i am still unaware why with belt NOT equipped i hit target at total 9 and miss at 8 and with belt equipped again i hit at 9 and miss at 8 (while belt says it reduces target's AC by 1). Not sure about other stats too. Please check it :) 

Edited by pochesun

@Bartimaeus feel free to disregard my rant in previous post about cloak hit rolls :) , i tested it yesterday and it was pretty late and my brain farted when i posted the numbers, but it was not completely unwarranted and i did not notice it at first glance: when equipped on a charachter Cloack gives 3 AC bonus, when i cast Blur spell after it - nothing happens, blur wont stack. But when i do it the other way around (Blur spell first then equip Cloak) the charachter actually receives 3 extra AC in addition to -3 malus to enemies attacking rolls. So i guess its a feature one is not supposed to exploit :) But i guess i better make sure by yourself thats ok.

My issue with Belt of Inertial Barrier is still there, though. With equipped Belt my character rolls 11 (8+3) and hits the target and with 10 (7+3) character misses the target. Without (!) Belt equipped same results hit with 11 (8+3) and misses with 10 (7+3). It looks like AC malus for opponents is not there. (Thac0 reduction seems working ok but notsure if the rest of the effects, like speed factor, speed etc works correctly). PLEASE, could you check it and repair if needed :) 

Hi Bartimaeus,

Just tested the last version of item revisions. Everything looks very interesting ;)

It looks like the potion of speed is dispellable and the potion of energy shielding does not have icon portrait. (I have tried to add one thanks to nearinfinity but curiouslyn it is not working)

On 9/21/2020 at 7:03 PM, DrAzTiK said:

Hi Bartimaeus,

Just tested the last version of item revisions. Everything looks very interesting ;)

It looks like the potion of speed is dispellable and the potion of energy shielding does not have icon portrait. (I have tried to add one thanks to nearinfinity but curiouslyn it is not working)

Confirmed, Potions are Dispellable :)

I have juste finished a   a BG2 game and  I would like to give some feedbacks about 2 or 3 things

1- Some potions witch are lasting 5 turns looks too much powerfull   (considering they are indispellable) 
-all potions of strength. ( no need to invest points on strenght on character creation anymore..)
- potions of absorption  ( resistance to damage is quite exploitable) . EDIT : last only one turn so It is ok. ( I thought it was 5 turn duration) 
-potion of defense. (not sure about this one  but I find this potion quite powerfull)
-potion of vocalize : 5 turns O_o =  it makes silence quite useless Imo

===> all vanilla arcane spells giving similar bonus are short duration ones and are dispellables.

2- the price of arcane scrolls shoudl be revisited ( for buy and sell) because there are too much expensive . I mean to pay  9000 po for a level 9 arcane scroll is too much expensive when you can ofen  find it in a barrel. 

Also it is quit easy to make a lot of cash by selling arcanes scrolls. 

I find wands quite expensive also..  

3- boots of speed : no need +1 AC Imo considering bonus to speed is the best thing you can have in BG.  or only + 2 movement rate if you keep +1 AC.

4- Flame of the north + 2 : I don't know but only 1D4 cold damage looks so sad for a two handed weapons. 

5- Bala axe : I am note sure to understand this weapon. Is it a magical one or not ? 

Overall, it was again a great experience to play with this mod ^^

Edit : greenstome amlet is also quite convenient ....

Edited by DrAzTiK