IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Backstab property applies correctly for me. I'd need more information on what exact circumstances you're finding it applying. Who's the character, what's their class, are you testing the weapon just by itself with no off-hand, etc.

@ptifab Thanks once again.

Armor of Missile Attraction: Fixed, probably - I don't have the constitution to test another aura right now, :p.
Potion of Explosions: Corrected to vs. breath saving throw.
Ring of Acuity: Fixed.
Paralytic Bolt +1: Fixed.
Scrolls: Fixed.
Martial Staff: Already set to +2 (including THAC0 and damage), no change. Seems like you have another mod installed that set a few weapons back to their vanilla enchantment levels or something along those lines.
Staff of the Magi: Fixed the missing Remove Magic text.
Staff of Power, Staff of the Magi, and Brine Potion: Fixed the usability text not being correctly patched out for EE games (missing colon).
Staff of the Woodlands: Fixed.
Staff of Rhynn: Fixed both problems.
Lawgiver: Already set to +2 (including THAC0 and damage), no change.
Purifier: Fixed.
Dak'kon's Zerth Blade: Fixed.
Harmonium Halberd: Fixed.
Shadow Veil: Paladins specifically are restricted from a number of dark artifacts. Others include The Ravager, Cloak of Bravery, Duskblade, Skull of Death, etc.
Sword of Balduran: Fixed.
Axe of Hrothgar: Fixed.
Jerrod's Mace: Fixed.
Joril's Dagger: Fixed. Yes, I agree that it is strange that it deals fire damage - however, Flame of the North in the same weapon class already does cold damage.
Spear of Kuldahar: Fixed.
Evarard's Morning Star: Fixed.
Crossbow of Affliction: Fixed.
"Aura's Spells": I think I have it set to no target for a good reason, but I don't remember what it was. If it's not actually working as expected, let me know.
DVPARAL: Fixed.
DVFBALL: Fixed (Wand of Fire already has its own resource that specifically uses vs. wand, so this gets vs. breath).
WAND10: Fixed.
Poisons: Fixed (also, dvaspven).

Thanks a lot @Bartimaeus I'm reinstalling everything right now, and i'll test everything then. I'll report to you if i find anything. Maybe some time, at last, i'll be able to play again for real xD

Last report (minor)

Bolt of Polymorphing +2 (BOLT05.ITM) is missing the kensai and cavalier restriction flag (byte 0x2f)

Chain Mail +3 ('CHAN07.ITM) has incorrect IR stats bonuses/penalties from components 3+ Allow Spellcasting in Armor->With Casting Speed Penalties, 1040+ Revised Armor->With Movement Speed Penalties and/or 1101+ Allow Thieving Skills in Armor->Stealth is Penalized by Armor and Shields) : hide in shadows/move silently penalties are  -10 should be -40, casting speed penalties are AG#IRS1.EFF should be AG#IRS2.EFF, increase attack speed factor penalty is -1 should be -2, and no dexterity penalty, should be 5%.

Dagger of the Star +5 (DAGG22.ITM) small typo in stardust desc (1 rounds, should be 1 round)

Armor of Missile Attraction +3 (LEAT06.ITM) missing LEAT06A.SPL, file is in the archive but was not imported during installation

Spell Absorption from Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2 (DVSPABSR.SPL) has a restore spell level set to 4 (opcode #261). Is this maximum intentional to avoid abuses ?

Aura's Spells (LEAT06/LEAT13/SHLD07/PLAT12/STAF09/STAF10/STAF14.SPL), Have no target assigned to their opcode #146 (should be preset target (2)) i've tested them ingame and the effect won't apply if target is set to none (0), i've set them back to preset target (2) and everything is functional

That's all 🥰

Edited by ptifab
4 hours ago, ptifab said:

Last report (minor)

Bolt of Polymorphing +2 (BOLT05.ITM) is missing the kensai and cavalier restriction flag (byte 0x2f)

Chain Mail +3 ('CHAN07.ITM) has incorrect IR stats bonuses/penalties from components 3+ Allow Spellcasting in Armor->With Casting Speed Penalties, 1040+ Revised Armor->With Movement Speed Penalties and/or 1101+ Allow Thieving Skills in Armor->Stealth is Penalized by Armor and Shields) : hide in shadows/move silently penalties are  -10 should be -40, casting speed penalties are AG#IRS1.EFF should be AG#IRS2.EFF, increase attack speed factor penalty is -1 should be -2, and no dexterity penalty, should be 5%.

Dagger of the Star +5 (DAGG22.ITM) small typo in stardust desc (1 rounds, should be 1 round)

Armor of Missile Attraction +3 (LEAT06.ITM) missing LEAT06A.SPL, file is in the archive but was not imported during installation

Spell Absorption from Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2 (DVSPABSR.SPL) has a restore spell level set to 4 (opcode #261). Is this maximum intentional to avoid abuses ?

Aura's Spells (LEAT06/LEAT13/SHLD07/PLAT12/STAF09/STAF10/STAF14.SPL), Have no target assigned to their opcode #146 (should be preset target (2)) i've tested them ingame and the effect won't apply if target is set to none (0), i've set them back to preset target (2) and everything is functional

That's all 🥰

Thanks again!

Bolt of Polymorphing: Fixed.

Chain Mail +3: Fixed.

Dagger of the Star 5: Fixed.

Armor of Missile Attraction: Hah, I knew not testing this one would come back to bite me - auras always do.

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade: I do assume it is supposed to be a sort of power limitation on it, since that opcode always restores the highest level spell. It would indeed be very easy to abuse, but more than that, I just don't think it makes sense to have it be quite that powerful for a +2 weapon.

Aura Spells: Fixed, except I used 1 (self) targeting instead of 2 (pre-target) targeting.

Additionally...

Blackmist: The Blackmist ability now targets only enemies instead of friendlies as well (it's not as if this halberd is a world-beater, no need to make its ability silly like that).

Blade of Roses: Has a proper aura instead of a weird on-hit effect.

Whistling Sword: Aura should trigger more frequently a la the other auras.

14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Thanks again!

Bolt of Polymorphing: Fixed.

Chain Mail +3: Fixed.

Dagger of the Star 5: Fixed.

Armor of Missile Attraction: Hah, I knew not testing this one would come back to bite me - auras always do.

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade: I do assume it is supposed to be a sort of power limitation on it, since that opcode always restores the highest level spell. It would indeed be very easy to abuse, but more than that, I just don't think it makes sense to have it be quite that powerful for a +2 weapon.

Aura Spells: Fixed, except I used 1 (self) targeting instead of 2 (pre-target) targeting.

Additionally...

Blackmist: The Blackmist ability now targets only enemies instead of friendlies as well (it's not as if this halberd is a world-beater, no need to make its ability silly like that).

Blade of Roses: Has a proper aura instead of a weird on-hit effect.

Whistling Sword: Aura should trigger more frequently a la the other auras.

hey @Bartimaeus it seems you forgot to add the sw1h40.eff file from blade of roses in your latest release ?

Hello, Bartimaeus!

First of all, thanks for the continuous support and development of your revised versions of IR and SR (also huge thanks to @ptifabfor the excellent bug hunting job done).

I was just wondering if there is any plan for an incoming 1.3.400 version since there has been literally a slew of issues fixed since the latest public release?

Cheers! 

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

When I released V1.3.300, ptifab immediately give me about 30 bugs to fix...and then another 20, and then another 10. I'll wait and see if he finds another pile within the next week or so, :p.

i hope not, as i just want to play now ! It has been quite easy to find all those bugs because i was modding with an IR/IRR/SR/SRR install as base, so, as i scrolled through items, i just found all those little errors. Won't happen anytime soon since i'm done on my part. Was a hell of a job on your part too @Bartimaeus, because it's hard to go again and again on the same project. So, a big thanks to you 🥰

On 1/29/2021 at 1:08 AM, Bartimaeus said:

whenever Stoneskin expires (whether from duration or from being used up), it plays a very loud and annoying sound effect

Damn, this has been driving me CRAZY. I couldn't figure out what this constant repeated sound was or where it was coming from! You probably never hear it with the base spell, since most of the time Stoneskins will either be used up by enemy attacks, or expire in your sleep. 

Of course my mods use repeated stoneskins in a spell, an item, and a psionic power. So this has been happening constantly for me. Gonna have to figure out a workaround. Maybe use opcode 321 to cancel it. Could maybe also do some spellstate jiggery-pokery to make the effect disappear when you remove the item. 

Dunno what you would do in the absence of EE opcodes though. Maybe use a custom sectype on the repeated spell, and cancel it just like EE’s opcode 321. And maybe add a repeated effect that cancels and protects from it, but flagged as “non-combat only” so the skins would disappear outside combat. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Wow that’s super annoying. I suppose we could just overwrite the sound file... but I’m sure it’s used by a ton of other spells in which it is appropriate. 

Could clone the sound file, and then overwrite the original, and then use ALTER_EFFECT to switch any overt “play sound” effects to the new sound file, to mitigate the change... still wouldn’t be perfect, but it might be an acceptable compromise. On the bright side, it's much easier to implement than fashioning some kind of "cancel this every 6 seconds" setup. I can blank out the .WAV file in my current game and play with it that way, see if there are any weird moments of eerie silence when I should be hearing spell effects ending. (Frankly I'm not a big fan of "this spell has ended" sounds in the first place. It's not like I can keep track of which spell is making the sound at any given moment in the thick of battle.)

Edited by subtledoctor
3 hours ago, ptifab said:

i hope not, as i just want to play now ! It has been quite easy to find all those bugs because i was modding with an IR/IRR/SR/SRR install as base, so, as i scrolled through items, i just found all those little errors. Won't happen anytime soon since i'm done on my part. Was a hell of a job on your part too @Bartimaeus, because it's hard to go again and again on the same project. So, a big thanks to you 🥰

You're welcome, :).

@subtledoctor

It is a really annoying sound. If you're using it for a lot of stuff, I would definitely make that compromise. I tested out my item idea where it was one regenerated skin per round (pretty much like a 100% SR Reflected Image), and I only lasted about a minute before I canned that idea.

On a side-note, since you mentioned it, I'm actually off of using sectypes for minor use in the vanilla games - the reason being that every type you remove a sectype, it seems to always display a chat message, even if the sectype dispel string is completely empty. I hate stuff like that, so I'm no longer making use of sectypes for anything that repeats, :p. It should be noted that Stoneskin actually *does* play the sound even if it expires after being used up from taking too many hits, so there's really no way to escape it.

Edited by Bartimaeus