IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Can you guys please check if you have a right icon for Dak'kon's Zerth Blade (Deidre is selling it) as in my game this weapon has missing icon, so maybe something wrong on my end. Also attaching my WeiDu log if somebody could possibly check. Thank you for your help.

I am thinking if the culprit could be changed proficiencies under Tweaks Anthology, maybe shouldn't have done that as some weapons show the changes some do not. 😞

EDIT: Hmm, so the culprit was actually Tweaks Anthology with its unique icons feature, which is sad as most of them are nice but the rest is honestly not my cup of tea + Dakkon Blade has wrong icon, maybe more items may have a problem, I don't know....uninstalled 🙂

Also, if somebody may give advice, there is a one item in the shopkeeper's inventory in Adventurer's Mart which has zero value and no icon, picture attached. I am still trying to find the problem....still worth it to make couple of installations before the proper playthrough 🙂

WeiDU.log

Baldr001.jpg

Edited by Fjodik
Update

So finally I have realized that the problem with proficiencies was as follows (at least I hope so):

1.) I was using the rebalanced weapon proficiencies from Tweaks Anthology which are the same as from IR:

• Wakizashis move from Wakizashi/Scimitar/Ninja-to to Katana proficiency
  • Ninja-tos move from Wakizashi/Scimitar/Ninja-to to Short Sword proficiency
  • Morningstars move from Flail/Morningstar to Mace proficiency

This tweak was installed after base component of IRR.

2.) As the secondary component of IRR was installed much later, its proficiency changes replaced the ones from Tweaks Anthology which seems ok as both are the same. The problem is that changes from IRR are not included in (i) the item descriptions which is QoL feature for me and (ii) character panel when proficiency points are selected which made some graphic inconsistencies.

Now it seems that everything works as intended, but I would like to have your expert confirmation that I have not done anything wrong (again). I am using pretty much the same install order as listed on the first page of IRR so only the weapon proficiency items mentioned.

Item Revisions (main component)

Anthology Tweaks (without the Rebalanced weapon proficiency component)

Item Revisions (secondary components)

Rebalanced weapon proficiency component from Anthology Tweaks

Many thanks for your time.

Edited by Fjodik
19 hours ago, Fjodik said:

Can you guys please check if you have a right icon for Dak'kon's Zerth Blade (Deidre is selling it) as in my game this weapon has missing icon, so maybe something wrong on my end. Also attaching my WeiDu log if somebody could possibly check. Thank you for your help.

I am thinking if the culprit could be changed proficiencies under Tweaks Anthology, maybe shouldn't have done that as some weapons show the changes some do not. 😞

EDIT: Hmm, so the culprit was actually Tweaks Anthology with its unique icons feature, which is sad as most of them are nice but the rest is honestly not my cup of tea + Dakkon Blade has wrong icon, maybe more items may have a problem, I don't know....uninstalled 🙂

Also, if somebody may give advice, there is a one item in the shopkeeper's inventory in Adventurer's Mart which has zero value and no icon, picture attached. I am still trying to find the problem....still worth it to make couple of installations before the proper playthrough 🙂

WeiDU.log

Baldr001.jpg

IIRC, the Unique Icons component is really more for IWD games than anything else, due to how many items in IWD just re-use the same icon over and over. A little harder to recommend it for BG games, since BG gives the vast majority of items unique icons already.

Your store looks messed up. Why does it have scrolls at the beginning, and in such a haphazard manner? Not to mention the broken item. Weird. ...And this is in a non-Enhanced game, too,  I would probably do a changelog ribald.sto.

This is what you Ribald stores should look like when using Store Revisions (fresh install I just made): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pttatmv4goj3xce/D4KsEngAPy.mp4

4 hours ago, Fjodik said:

character panel when proficiency points are selected which made some graphic inconsistencies.

IIRC, in non-Enhanced games, there's not really enough room to include them in the name, but they are included in the descriptions, like so:

bgmain_7YMYgMXJXE.png

How does that other mod handle it?

4 hours ago, Fjodik said:

As the secondary component of IRR was installed much later, its proficiency changes replaced the ones from Tweaks Anthology which seems ok as both are the same. The problem is that changes from IRR are not included in (i) the item descriptions which is QoL feature for me

It probably would make more sense to list their proficiencies as e.g. "Short Sword/Ninja-To" instead of just "Ninja-To"...

Anyways, should be fine, I'd think.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Fjodik said:

Hmm, the store structure is really the same with the exception of the first two items see picture, the rest is absolutely the same.

Baldr012.thumb.jpg.bb8be2cf8d77ea17dd12c64a78a7f291.jpg

Hmm, odd! I'll specifically patch out those items just to try to catch whatever situation's happening there. If you see any more stores where it seems like the first item(s) are inexplicably out of place like that, be sure to let me know, I'll get them too.

Proficiencies: Character screen will now look like this with the latest repository update. Strangely, I decided against doing this at one point, but I'm not sure why, since it looks fine to me now:

bgmain_YDbM951d2n.png

I'm going to currently leave item descriptions as-is for right now, though, so feel free to keep installing that other component for that additional clarity as you see fit.

Edited by Bartimaeus
8 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello, Bartimaeus!

I seem to remember an old recommendation from Demivrgvs about not installing the "Mixed use of Daggers Fix" from the BG2 Fixpack. Is it still valid?

Cheers!

Yes, IR already handles that by creating its own melee/throwing variants of them.

3 hours ago, Fjodik said:

Another one :-), this time Hes the Jeweller at Promenade, sorry for the bad quality, seems that I have exceeded the max total size of files here. Its only the first item.

Baldr000.jpg

Thanks, I think I've discovered the cause of the issue. It looks like the latest(?) version of 1pp adds some additional variants of items to stores that Store Revisions (both IR's and IRR's versions) does not catch. Looks like I'm going to have to do some combing through stores to find these.

I don't ever remember the previous version of 1pp (that was the final version of 1pp for many, many years until very recently) ever doing that, so that's a little bit odd.

Also, SCS gives freedom scrolls to Copper Coronet and Adventurer's mart so these appear first in shopkeepers inventory at least in my setup. What I don't understand is why another scrolls appear there too (I have also pierce magic IIRC), but nothing serious. 

2 hours ago, Fjodik said:

Also, SCS gives freedom scrolls to Copper Coronet and Adventurer's mart so these appear first in shopkeepers inventory at least in my setup. What I don't understand is why another scrolls appear there too (I have also pierce magic IIRC), but nothing serious. 

SCS is installed after Item Revisions' Store Revisions, so I can't really catch/fix that one, although it's odd that it places them at the beginning of stores instead of the end. Not sure about the other scrolls - would need more exact info to be able to fix that.

Guest loupgris

Hello,

I use for BG2EE :

1. Item Revisions (main component)
  2. Spell Revisions (main component)
  3. Anthology Tweaks
  4. Spell Revisions (secondary components - key here is to be before SCS)
  5. Sword Coast Stratagems
  6. Item Revisions (secondary components)

I have a problem with yoshimo, during and after dual classing in warrior, he can no longer use is katana ?

Is it a bug ?

2 hours ago, Guest loupgris said:

Hello,

I use for BG2EE :

1. Item Revisions (main component)
  2. Spell Revisions (main component)
  3. Anthology Tweaks
  4. Spell Revisions (secondary components - key here is to be before SCS)
  5. Sword Coast Stratagems
  6. Item Revisions (secondary components)

I have a problem with yoshimo, during and after dual classing in warrior, he can no longer use is katana ?

Is it a bug ?

...Not exactly? More like an oversight. His katana can only be used by a true thief, so by dual-classing him, you made it so he no longer can use it. I really should've thought of that. If you want to give me your "npsw02.itm" from your override, I can make it usable by him again.