IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Guest loupgris

merci après tout c'est pas trop grave, je vais passer par EE keeper et prendre un katana +2 😉

je tiens à vous féliciter pour le travail que vous faites 😉

1 hour ago, yakattack said:

Maybe this has been brought up somewhere before, but would you consider moving the Robe of Acid Resistance off Gorion? It totally messes up his look, and it gives the player 750g off the bat.

For a long while, I didn't understand why/how Gorion got the silly Robes of Acid Resistance to begin with...until I realized that IR was straight up overwriting an "unused" item's resource name (clck18.itm, if I'm recalling it off the top of my head correctly), which is not actually completely unused, but precisely what Gorion wears. Demi apparently never played BG1, so he probably didn't care when he did that...and it's introduced that quirk of Gorion having those Robes of Acid Resistance for BG1 players forever since. Since it's now been that way for so long, I'm a little loathe to change it, especially because the Robes of Acid Resistance do not otherwise appear in BG1...but since it is such an odd thing to introduce at the beginning of BG1, what I am going to do is add it as a settings.ini option for those who do not want it.

8 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

For a long while, I didn't understand why/how Gorion got the silly Robes of Acid Resistance to begin with...until I realized that IR was straight up overwriting an "unused" item's resource name (clck18.itm, if I'm recalling it off the top of my head correctly), which is not actually completely unused, but precisely what Gorion wears. Demi apparently never played BG1, so he probably didn't care when he did that...and it's introduced that quirk of Gorion having those Robes of Acid Resistance for BG1 players forever since. Since it's now been that way for so long, I'm a little loathe to change it, especially because the Robes of Acid Resistance do not otherwise appear in BG1...but since it is such an odd thing to introduce at the beginning of BG1, what I am going to do is add it as a settings.ini option for those who do not want it.

That sounds great, thank you!

Hey Bartimaeus, few questions / feedback from my current playthrough (after 15y actually) with mods. So far, really really great experience, fell in love with the game again :-)

I have found this inconsistency with throwing axe / spear (see attached picture).

Additionally, I have found these two items in the inventory of Dawnmaster Kreel at Temple of Lathander and honestly I don't know which mod does that, any idea guys? I am not sure if the necklace has the same stats in vanilla, but have not found anything about that in IRR readme so guess it has to be another mod but I have not installed anything with item changes other than IRR.

Baldr001.jpg

Baldr002.jpg

Baldr003.jpg

Edited by Fjodik

@Fjodik

I do not believe that Throwing Axe is actually a throwing axe, but instead actually a javelin added via 1pp. You can add a throwing axe to your game via console command CLUAConsole:CreateItem("AX1H04"), then a javelin via changing the AX1H04 to SPER04. Don't know why it looks like that - SPER04 isn't an item that IR/R adds or modifies. Guess I already modify a few of 1pp's items, wouldn't hurt to enforce that that one's right as well.

Store Revisions from IR/R changes many stores' contents, including what you're seeing in Dawnmaster Kreels' - those are correct (as are the properties of the amulet and mace).

@yakattack

It's been implemented in the latest repository version (1.3.508).

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 7/18/2021 at 11:18 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Since it's now been that way for so long, I'm a little loathe to change it, especially because the Robes of Acid Resistance do not otherwise appear in BG1...but since it is such an odd thing to introduce at the beginning of BG1, what I am going to do is add it as a settings.ini option for those who do not want it.

Could you make so that people deciding to remove the Robe from Gorion may still have a chance to get it somewhere else later on?

It'd be a shame to miss a chance to have it in BG1.

6 hours ago, Salk said:

Could you make so that people deciding to remove the Robe from Gorion may still have a chance to get it somewhere else later on?

It'd be a shame to miss a chance to have it in BG1.

Ideally, at least 2-3 additional copies could be findable in BG1 regardless of whether Gorion is wearing them. Two good candidates I can think of off the top of my head would be one of the Thayvian wizards in that one northeastern area where they go hostile upon seeing you (I believe all of them are wearing resistance robes already, there may be a duplicate), and then there's probably someone on Shandalar's island that would also be a good choice. Another good option might be that one mage who summons slimes outside of the mines exit east of Nashkel.

I like the idea of equipping one of the Red Wizards with the Acid Robe.

And the second one could be the mage summoning slimes. It'd feel quite appropriate considering the kind of experiments he dabbles in. 😄

Shandalar's Island is also a fine place to scatter one (there are several mages there) but I like the first two even better.

If you decide to introduce the robes there, I would choose to have the Robe removed from Gorion in my own playthrough.

Edited by Salk

Both the slime-summoning mage (Narcillicus) and one of the Thayvian wizards (Brendan) ended up being good guesses - two of the red wizards are wearing cold resistance robes, while the other two are wearing fire and electrical; Narcillicus is wearing a Knave's Robe, which you can already easily find before ever meeting him in the form of the mad wizard that attempts to kill the so-called witch at Nashkel's carnival, so another set of that seems rather unnecessary (especially with more sets of it available elsewhere/later as well).

I examined Shandalar's ice island, and I don't think any of those mages would make a good choice; only two of them have robes to begin with, and it's one set of Knave's and Traveller's each, while the rest of the mages in there are either fighter/thief-mages. Additionally, it's an ice island...not exactly the best fit for acid robes. And then I remembered that there are a group of four hostile mages in the second floor of Sorcerous Sundries...and it's the same situation as the Thayvian wizards, except instead of two cold resistance robes, it's two fire resistance robes while the other two are wearing the other two types. So I put acid robes on the guy that was using fire robes yet coincidentally already colored green as well.

4 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

@Bartimaeus You don't happen to have a list of those .CRE filenames, do you? (Narcilicus, the Thayvian guy, and the guy in SS)

narcil.cre, brenda.cre, william1.cre in a BGT game (have not confirmed their names in an EET game, but I would imagine they're the same). Why - you going to duplicate it in your own patch? :p