IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

i.e. odd values are useful

Nice. I have no idea what mod that is, so I wasn’t criticizing it. I meant the actual 3E rules. 

7 hours ago, Salk said:

something in between Bartimaeus's and subtledoctor's

Oh I’m not a 2E stat defender. I wrote a whole mod to apply custom bonuses for stats!

Subtledoctor,

Not to hijack the thread, but since we're on the topic of 3E stats - Just curious how you came up with your version of 3E Constitution?

"Everyone gets an extra hit point at 15 CON and 16 CON (like vanilla), and warriors get an extra hit point at 18 CON. Everyone also gets an extra hit point at 20, 22, and 24 CON (so stat-boosting spells and effects can actually increase non-warriors' hit points)."

• 15 : +1
  • 16 : +1
  • 18 : +1 (warriors)
  • 20 : +1
  • 22 : +1
  • 24 : +1
13 hours ago, Salk said:

Thanks, Cahir.

Yes, I can see how the difference style could be really bothersome and for some people (like you and me) break immersion. But wouldn't IR(R) replace the description of all items so that you wouldn't have a mix of the EE and IR(R) style?

Unlike Bartimaeus, I don't think the EE style is bad at all. I am not sure about which one I like better but it should be one way or the other.

The EE description comes without the usability text because the EE engine adds those dynamically so IR(R) would literally need to have duplicate strings for every such item. Perhaps it'd be just easier to convert to IR(R) style every item in your game that are still using the EE style.

But from what I am understanding, your main gripe is just with the Revised Armor and the Weapon Changes additional components?

I can very little/close to nothing about WeiDU so I cannot help you myself with that but @Mike1072 can perhaps help you with that, if he's around and it's not too complicated. If not, then in your shoes, I would not give up on IR(R) because of the style mismatch for two optional components. I would bear it, despite being annoying, or, if it really is unbearable for you, I'd not install the Revised Armor and Weapon Changes components.

Cheers!

Usability text is not a problem, I can remove it from the description. As for converting all items to IR(R) style that's a subpar solution for me, simply because I like EE-style better. IR, style is just slightly refined vanilla style. 

Revised Armors and Weapons are using complex regexp functions to scan all mod-added items and patch their descriptions to IR(R) style, adding all changes that come with those components. What I would love to see is to update those functions to also patch items to match EE style, so we could have both styles depending of which game we are playing. 

I reached Mike1072 already. He is busy in RL and I'm not sure when or if he would find time tk take care of this. 

I can probably skip Revised Armors and Items and try some similar tweaks from other mods (like Scales of Balance), but to be truth, I like IR version the best. 

4 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

curious how you came up with your version of 3E Constitution?

Spoiler

It has nothing to do with 3E. Just something I came up with. I want players to actually roll for hp, but not worry about the insane variation (a 2E fighter with 18 CON can get 5 hp/level, and so can a mage with 15 CON). So I reduced the dice rolls to d3, and bumped the minimum roll to 2 at 14 CON (so effectively, 1d2+1) and 3 at 17 CON (always max hp, 3 per roll). Then I filled in so that every stat point gives you something: +1 hp at 15, 16, 20, 22, 24; and increased regen at 19, 21, 23, 25. The warrior-only thing at 18 is a nod to the original rules, and an attempt to rein in the bonus hit points.

In general, and contrary to the 3E ruleset design, most of my stat bonuses only start at scores of 14 or higher. That has nothing to do with any edition of D&D, and more to do with the simple fact that BG players and NPCs tend to have super-nutso munchkin stats.

25 minutes ago, Fjodik said:

Hey Bartimaeus, I have one issue which has been already discussed here but  I haven't found the solution yet, the Efreeti Bottle does not summon anything in may game, the item is drained but no summon actually appears. Thank you.

What specific version of IRR do you have installed, and do you have SR/R installed?

28 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Looks like I'm the big dumb and put a zero where a two should've been. Just drop and drag this into your override and it should immediately correct it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8dh2mcegfzzqk81/misc3c.eff

Hmm, the link does not work for me 😞

EDIT: my bad, the link works, now the summoning works without problems thousand thanks!!!!

Edited by Fjodik
1 hour ago, InKal said:

I have a question about Azuredge. What is undead saving throw against disruption? Fecking lich is saving ALL the time... ;[

If it's not mentioned in the effect, it should be +0, and it is in this case. Rightfully so for such a powerful effect you can get so early. I've actually managed to kill one of the Kangaxx liches accidentally with it, which was a surprise, but I'm pretty sure it's basically the equivalent of getting a critical hit (maybe worse?).

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 7/20/2021 at 2:14 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Ideally, at least 2-3 additional copies could be findable in BG1 regardless of whether Gorion is wearing them. Two good candidates I can think of off the top of my head would be one of the Thayvian wizards in that one northeastern area where they go hostile upon seeing you (I believe all of them are wearing resistance robes already, there may be a duplicate), and then there's probably someone on Shandalar's island that would also be a good choice. Another good option might be that one mage who summons slimes outside of the mines exit east of Nashkel.

What about Arkushule (ARKUSH.cre), the palm reader at the lighthouse? She's wearing a red Robe of Cold Resistance currently which even makes her associated with the Red Wizards by color (which I doubt she is).