IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

38 minutes ago, Lianos said:
  • The Whistling Swrd + 2 is still not on the hobgoblins. (used the current github master)
  • Typo on Wand of Frost: Saving throws differ (text: -2 to statistics: -4)

Fixed the Wand of Frost typo, fixed The Whistling Sword bug for sure (because I actually tested it this time). The issue with that one was that there were three different "fixes" working in opposition of each other - one is that the item is added to the game as a separate file resource ("sw1h09_.itm"), the other that the hobgoblin gets patched to have "sw1h09_.itm", but then, in just BG1-only game, the sword's resource name is then changed back to "sw1h09.itm" (no underscore), so the hobgoblin then uses a nonexistent "sw1h09_.itm". I disabled the hobgoblin from getting patched in the first place for BG1-only games, thereby making sure it continues to use "sw1h09.itm".

Thanks.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest effect_void

Hi did this mod add an amulet of protection+2 to a vendor in Trademeet? If so it doesn't seem to block other protection items from being worn together with it, like all the other protection items do.

6 hours ago, Lianos said:

This. Items and spells should be comprehensible at first go

Like I say, on the EEs this problem is solved. With TnB you can allow individuals to see through invisibility, with no goofiness. Effectively, you get two ways of dealing with invisibility: see through it, or dispel it. (And on the latter note, since Detect Invisible no linger dispels it, Detect Illusion is replaced by Invisibility Purge. ;) So mages can use either method.)

EDIT - sorry, didn’t see the thread had moved on. I think we pretty much covered invisibility issues. :beer:

Edited by subtledoctor
On 9/13/2021 at 8:01 AM, Guest effect_void said:

Hi did this mod add an amulet of protection+2 to a vendor in Trademeet? If so it doesn't seem to block other protection items from being worn together with it, like all the other protection items do.

Thanks, fixed (and also added the Deck of Many Things' Ring of Protection +3 which was similarly missing as well as the improved Cloak of Protection). I really should find a better location for that...and a couple of other things.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 9/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, subtledoctor said:

EDIT - sorry, didn’t see the thread had moved on. I think we pretty much covered invisibility issues. 

Your solution is technically superior, but I think IR(R) should stand on his own legs without the need of bugfixes via other mods.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:26 AM, Bartimaeus said:

fixed The Whistling Sword bug for sure (because I actually tested it this time)

Indeed, but it doesn't protect from Fear caused by Horror and Spook (at least). 😄

11 minutes ago, Lianos said:

Your solution is technically superior, but I think IR(R) should stand on his own legs without the need of bugfixes via other mods.

It should act the same as second level wizard spell Detect Invisibility now. Use SD's mod to change it to the EE-specific behavior, :).

11 minutes ago, Lianos said:

Indeed, but it doesn't protect from Fear caused by Horror and Spook (at least).

Why not? Both Spook and Horror apply its fear effect via the horror opcode (24), and the sword's aura specifically protects against opcode 24.

Edited by Bartimaeus
56 minutes ago, Lianos said:

I am just the messenger 🙃

sw1h09.EFF and sw1h09.SPL were non-existent in my installation (override). I copied them from source to override, now it's working (at least the icon of Resist Fear is there).

Dangit, it's another BG1:EE specific problem. I did say I did extremely limited testing of BG1EE-only games, right? :p Fixed that as well, thanks...and I'm also making the Whistling Sword's aura 30' instead of 20' in recognition of the fact that auras are already annoying enough as it is without making them too small, and this one specifically only protects you against fear (it does NOT actively cure fear!), so it should really be as large as reasonable to make sure your characters are protected by it if you're using it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

So, I thought I'd give this another whirl and installed the latest versions of IRR/SRR/SCS as usual.

Now there's a peculiar thing: the Dispelling Screen spell (tried and true) is still called Spell Immunity: Abjuration. It functions like Dispelling Screen always did (graphics and function both) but the description is the old Spell Immunity one - and, most crucially, it has zero cast time and ignores spell timing. Which makes me think it's somehow trying to function like the old Spell Immunity did, i.e. effect is instant/ignores timing because you first need to choose the school.

(EDIT: it appears the spell description on the SCROLL is correct; the one in the spellbook is not)

Seems like it must be one of the mods I'm using that's interfering, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which one and why, since none of them should affect spells. I've tried various install orders - the one in the first post here caused several problems for me by the way, including the one above - but I've not really taken on board any new mods and it's always worked fine before.

WeiDU.log is attached maybe you can tell me where I'm doing something wrong.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Lord_Tansheron
5 hours ago, Lord_Tansheron said:

Now there's a peculiar thing: the Dispelling Screen spell (tried and true) is still called Spell Immunity: Abjuration. It functions like Dispelling Screen always did (graphics and function both) but the description is the old Spell Immunity one - and, most crucially, it has zero cast time and ignores spell timing. Which makes me think it's somehow trying to function like the old Spell Immunity did, i.e. effect is instant/ignores timing because you first need to choose the school.

Yes, there are "two" Dispelling Screens. One of them is simply a replacement for Spell Immunity: Abjuration in case the AI ever tries to cast it via a sequencer/contingency (SPWI590.spl) - this sounds like what you have in your spellbook. It should not be possible to learn this spell in a SR/R game. The other is the real Dispelling Screen and is dynamically added to the game and so does not have a set resource (but should generally be SPWI525.spl). Was this a new game that you started with that somehow got it, or a rebuild and continuation of an old save game? If you can, explain to me how it got into your spellbook, please, :).

Edited by Bartimaeus
21 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Was this a new game that you started with that somehow got it, or a rebuild and continuation of an old save game? If you can, explain to me how it got into your spellbook, please, :).

I honestly don't remember, I've started like 10 new games over the past two days and re-installed/re-modded the game about 25 times, too.

I did a quick test though by removing the spell from the spellbook, and adding a regular Dispelling Screen scroll (correct description and all) - upon learning, it gave me the Spell Immunity version, not the proper DScreen.

It's too late now to start a new game and see what happens but I'll check that tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Lord_Tansheron said:

I honestly don't remember, I've started like 10 new games over the past two days and re-installed/re-modded the game about 25 times, too.

I did a quick test though by removing the spell from the spellbook, and adding a regular Dispelling Screen scroll (correct description and all) - upon learning, it gave me the Spell Immunity version, not the proper DScreen.

It's too late now to start a new game and see what happens but I'll check that tomorrow.

Ah, it looks like the scroll itself is messed up and points to the old location of Spell Immunity (SPWI510) instead of the new location. Well, that would explain that...fixed it, thank you! Not a hundred percent certain that explains everything that's going on with it for you, but at least it's a good start, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Lianos said:

It does fix the issue.  👍

There are 2 Scimitars "Rashads Talon +2" . One in cloakwood, one on top of Durlags tower. (This is not IRR-specific.)

Glad to hear, :). And never knew there was a Rashad's Talon in Cloakwood...oh, there wasn't, it's Beamdog-added. Not sure if should remove or not...I'm generally against needless duplicates like this, but as it doesn't actually affect me as a non-EE player, I guess I don't feel strongly about it unless others do. Is there are mod already out there that removes such Beamdog additions like this, I wonder?

Edited by Bartimaeus