IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Guest Alkaid

As far as IRR and SRR .600 go, would it be possible to install those into an existing save file? If the components and positions were the same as the original installation. Mod updating with Infinity Engine seems a tad difficult.

1 hour ago, Guest Alkaid said:

As far as IRR and SRR .600 go, would it be possible to install those into an existing save file? If the components and positions were the same as the original installation. Mod updating with Infinity Engine seems a tad difficult.

I wouldn't do it myself, personally, if that tells you anything, not unless it's very close to the end of the install order, and anything that's before SCS is way too far by my estimation, which strikes IR/R and SR/R right out.

Efreeti: Yes...I thought so too, so that is odd - regardless, the problem should be fixed in the latest versions of both IRR and SRR. I do try to make it so the latest repository version always works, and it does...99% of the time. The last 1%...well, stuff happens, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, Hubal said:

Latest version won't install "Thief can use wands component"

I will try one more time

Version 1357 and 1360 both have the same problem 

Yeah, the latest repository version is in a little bit of a state of upheaval while I've slowly been in the process of finalizing x.600. Sorry about that, will fix.

(e): Okay, that should be sorted. Thanks!

Edited by Bartimaeus

Also, error with "Shield Bonuses":

Installing [Revised Shield Bonuses] [V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.592)]
loading 1 tra file
Copying and patching 3421 files ...
ERROR: No translation provided for @100322
ERROR: [BDSHLD04.ITM] -> [override/BDSHLD04.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Revised Shield Bonuses], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   5 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 10.
Uninstalled      5 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 10.

1 hour ago, Chitown Willie said:

Bartimaeus,

Double-checking : Store Revisions is not compatible w/ BGEE 2.6.6?

SKIPPING: [Store Revisions]
        This component is not compatible with your game.

That's correct but should probably be changed, since Store Revisions does now make some revisions to BG1 temples.

Other error: Fixed the error. The version is now at x.593...getting awfully close to x.600 as a result of the version auto-updater...

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:
7 hours ago, Lianos said:

Ring of Opportunity (the one you get from Koveras in BG1)

It counts as a Ring of Protection, so it cannot be equipped together with other "of Protection" items.

Should be fixed now, I think.

I have tested the version with the fix; It erases 1 line on 2 from itemexcl.2da, and it leave RING25 in the list...

7 hours ago, TotoR said:

I have tested the version with the fix; It erases 1 line on 2 from itemexcl.2da, and it leave RING25 in the list...

...I wonder if this is another EE vs. non-EE thing. Okay, I'll actually test multiple games to make sure it works.

Okay. BG2EE before installing IRR:

DLTCEP_KZFO6dFvMT.png

BG2EE after installing IRR:

DLTCEP_jB0gYSHgzR.png

BG1EE, on the other hand...it does exactly what you said it does. And now that I look at the two previous images, it seems to have removed other entries it wasn't supposed to? Huh.

(e): Okay, ACTUALLY fixed this time, I think - tested on both BG1EE, BG2EE, and ToB, and there didn't seem to be any problems. Thanks!

Edited by Bartimaeus

My Carsomyr has "Dispel Magic" rather than "Reverse Magic", though it has the other stuff, 10% MR etc. Is this weirdness on my install, or is your item changes description out of date? (It hasn't been edited for 3 years so that's definitely possible. XD)

1 hour ago, Guest Alkaid said:

My Carsomyr has "Dispel Magic" rather than "Reverse Magic", though it has the other stuff, 10% MR etc. Is this weirdness on my install, or is your item changes description out of date? (It hasn't been edited for 3 years so that's definitely possible. XD)

Carsomyr is supposed to have Dispel Magic, not Reverse Magic. IIRC, Reverse Magic was something I added to it for a short while while I was trying to figure out some IR-specific Dispel Magic issues and that was the simplest solution at the time. Don't think it's otherwise ever had it in either IR or IRR.

Current statistics description of Carsomyr +4:

Special Abilities:
 Dispel Magic (3x per day)

Equipped Abilities:
 Magic Resistance: +10% bonus

Combat Abilities:
 Powerful Weapon: +2 bonus to damage
 Righteous: +3 bonus to damage against evil creatures
 Dispelling: removes all magical effects from the target (save vs. spell neg.)

THAC0: +4 bonus
Damage: 1D10 + 4
Damage Type: Slashing
Weight: 10
Speed Factor: 6
Proficiency Type: Two-Handed Sword
Type: Two-Handed
Requires: 16 Strength

Edited by Bartimaeus

Yep, seems right then. 

Funny random note, this isn't 100% confirmed but IRR might have an interaction with Scales of Balance's component 101 enchant/aesthetic tweaks. Since you drop Carsomyr et al. down to +4 weapons, and Scales standardizes 1-4 named weapons as +3 enchantment value (for hit purposes, probably through some sort of algorithm), I think Carsomyr was dropped all the way down to a 3. I'm not sure there are any weapons in SoA capable of hitting demiliches in the SoA part of my game, had to raise Carso and Crom Faeyr up to actually be able to touch Kangaxx, lol.

Are there any weapons left as +5 in the SoA portion of the game?

52 minutes ago, Guest Alkaid said:

Yep, seems right then. 

Funny random note, this isn't 100% confirmed but IRR might have an interaction with Scales of Balance's component 101 enchant/aesthetic tweaks. Since you drop Carsomyr et al. down to +4 weapons, and Scales standardizes 1-4 named weapons as +3 enchantment value (for hit purposes, probably through some sort of algorithm), I think Carsomyr was dropped all the way down to a 3. I'm not sure there are any weapons in SoA capable of hitting demiliches in the SoA part of my game, had to raise Carso and Crom Faeyr up to actually be able to touch Kangaxx, lol.

Are there any weapons left as +5 in the SoA portion of the game?

The only +5 weapon in SoA in either IR or IRR is the Staff of Power of the Magi. I don't know what that component is, but it certainly sounds very difficult to account for if it just takes all weapons with an enchantment level of +1-4 and changes them all to +3 - can't imagine using it, it'd be very weird to have everything inexplicably set to +3. Does this also apply to SR's Phantom Blade (+4) and Fire Seeds (+4)?

Edited by Bartimaeus