Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

I have a lot of ideas for mods, and I have published all of them in this thread. Some are clearly not suitable for Tweaks Anthology, but many are. Feel free to use any of them. Any feedback, either here or in that thread, is highly appreciated.

Apart from that, an extremely simple and nice tweak would be to remove the sound of tooltips, which gets annoying after hearing it for the millionth time.

Edited by Alonso
Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Some ideas:

1. Obtain Holy Symbol based on experience - Single class clerics get their holy symbols at Level 25 or 3,825,000 xp. How about making multi class and dual class -> Clerics get their holy symbols the next time they level up when their total experience is > 3,825,000 xp?

All non-cleric classes get their "cespenar" items regardless of their levels. They just have to find them in game. For example, Druids just need to find the components of Heartwood ring. Clerics need to reach a certain level so multi-class and dual classes miss out or they get them so late in the game.

2. Make Paladin's bracers useable by Blackguards - Blackguards miss out on their "cespenar" item too. Beamdog didn't create one for them when they introduced Blackguards.

3. Make Grease non-hostile - All area affect disabler-type spells don't aggro and can be safely used with neutral npcs. (Entangle, Web, Stinking Cloud, Sleep Cloud). Only Grease is an exception, limiting it's use. The effect is weak enough so I don't think another disadvantage should be added on this spell.

4. Remove the screen shake effect from the Earthquake spell - The spell not being party friendly limits its use. It making the annoying screen shake makes me never want to use this spell.

Probably out of scope, but I think a "Camp like Pillars of Eternity" mod would be perfect.

Basically,

- Camping equipment added to the game at vendors and in random loot (rare in loot, common/respawning at vendors every so often)
- Can only hold X equipment based on difficulty, it doesn't go in regular inventory
- All resting has no random encounters, but uses camping equipment

This encourages more resource management, reduces RNG bullshit, and makes resting less OP.

Are there any good mod making tutorials? I have downloaded some of the tools, but the game's internal data structure confuses the hell out of me.

Edited by Sarge945
Clarification.
On 5/17/2019 at 12:10 PM, Luke said:

What about a custom value for "Remove Summoning Cap (Celestials/ordinary summons)"?

How would you like to set that ?

As in, your end of the spectrum is really hated by everyone but the starkest of the freedom defenders ... that won't be beneficial to anybody.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl: 3 & 4 Those tweaks are spell specific, have you tried the Spell Rev mod ?

2... it's called kit balance. Each of them have weaknessess ...

1... yep. So ? You don't need to provide your god the monetary sacrifice your ought to do in the P&P versions of the game. So now you want the god to give a half a person, the same exact benefit a real person gets ?

@Sarge945 " Are there any good mod making tutorials? I have downloaded some of the tools, but the game's internal data structure confuses the hell out of me. "

I bet you haven't even realized that there's an entire forum section here and in SHSforums... and a weidu's own Readme file.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Well, a half fighter gets to use helm of the rock, a half thief can use thieves' hood, a half mage can use circlet of netheril. Why not have a half cleric use the holy symbol at around the same time the other classes get their items? It's not a cespenar item per se but it's the logical counterpart for clerics.

A far better tweak would be to add in a similar, but a lesser item for ALL clerics at a set levels. Meaning that if multi classed character would like, they could use the lesser version of it at a similar level that a full blown cleric gets their better item... while they could use the lesser item before that. But then again, it all goes down to level scaling.

Duals you say... well, they have allways been and will always be far overpowered in most applications rather than their single classed counterparts, excluding a few kits.

And see, yeah, thief get's their hood, but they can use any item they feel they like at those levels. Robes, usable. Carsomyr, usable. Helm of the Rock, usable. What they don't get is the full benefit from those items. And they have to use a slot to use the items, all the while others then don't get the exact item. That's the path of the rogue.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Regardless of the power levels of dual class and multi class, what I'm saying is that the other non-cleric multi/dual classes get their cespenar items get their cespenar items at the same time that a single class would. A single class druid, multi class druid, and dual class druid all get to use the heartwood ring at early TOB. Only the multi and dual classed clerics are disadvantaged by this because it's connected to their level. There is no lower version of Heartwood Ring/Helm of the Rock/Circlet of Netheril for multi/dual classed druids/fighters/mages.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Removeable NPC Jewelries - make De'Arnise signet ring, Edwin's amulet (and Hexxat's amulet?) removeable. Make them similar to Jaheira's Harper pin.

I think the main reason that they are non-removeable is to prevent Use Any Item Thieves and Bards from using them. But EE has already fixed it by restricting NPC exclusive items regardless of UAI. Harper Pin is also restricted to Jaheira without needing to add minimum stat requirement. I don't see any reason now why they remain non-removeable.

It greatly enhances Nalia's versatility. If she's wearing one of the extra spell slot rings (ring of wizardry / ring of acuity), it allows her to temporarily remove the De'Arnise Signet ring to wear the thieving rings (ring of lock picks / mercykiller ring) without having her forget her memorized spells. In some cases, maybe Edwin wants to use the Amulet of Power if he already has enough spell slots. I don't see any reason why Hexxat would remove her amulet.

Remove NPC restricting stat requirements from NPC items - If the items are already restricted by the script name, I don't think they need to be restricted by stats aside from what a normal item would require.

Valygar hit by a Contagion spell (Dex -2) should still be able to use the Corthala Family Armor because a regular leather armor doesn't require Dex 18.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Remove race restriction from NPC items (unless restricted in the description) - NPC items are restricted anyway based on the script names, I don't see the need of restricting it to a race. Anomen's Delryn Family shield is restricted to him because he is Anomen, not because he is a human. Maybe a mod changes him into a vampire, or someone wants to change him to an elf for variety, the item should still work. Exceptions would be items that are explicitly stated to only work for a specific race: Handmaiden's mace, Chaos Blade, Entropy, Sword of Arvoreen, Bow of Arvoreen, and Cloak of Dragomir.

I also support the tweak to Free Action and Haste. I think Free Action should only stop effects that hinder movement.

12 minutes ago, Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl said:

Remove race restriction from NPC items (unless restricted in the description) - NPC items are restricted anyway based on the script names, I don't see the need of restricting it to a race. Anomen's Delryn Family shield is restricted to him because he is Anomen, not because he is a human.Maybe a mod changes him into a vampire, or someone wants to change him to an elf for variety, the item should still work. Exceptions would be items that are explicitly stated to only work for a specific race: Handmaiden's mace, Chaos Blade, Entropy, Sword of Arvoreen, Bow of Arvoreen, and Cloak of Dragomir.

If only ... the current engine was there in the first place... but then you wouldn't have the new engine... silliness aside, Anomen is a human.. and so meaning that there is no elves in it, the family*. The enhancements, in the world of Toril have multiple aspects, and any of the restrictions can be tied to them. This see is more to the fact than fiction, as the original item has these properties, in its code.

Remember, the description tells that the shield was his family's, and not a random drop near the NPC. So the exception is the "family". PS, the modern description to that is larger than those related by blood. But I doubt that the Delryns would accept a vampire into their ranks.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

How about allowing Bard's pickpocket score to scale greater than 115? The bard could help the party's thief by taking over the pickpocket role so he doesn't have to invest in it. But then he's not good at it. Stealing from stores and thieves need greater than 100 pickpocket score to be successful. Potions aside, the party still needs to rely on the thief to pickpocket, making this bard's ability not so great. Bards can only do 1 out of 7 thief skills. I think it's fair to make him at least good in this 1 skill.

Both Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P and the Change Experience Point Cap > Remove Completely components extend bard pickpocketing (and ranger stealth) through level 50, though there is not a standalone component for it. Bards pick up an additional 5 pickpocket every level (capping at 200) and rangers pick up an additional 7 stealth per level (also capping at 200).

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Thanks! I didn't notice it. I'm not interested in thieving in heavy armor and extending the level caps so I didn't read through the description that this tweak already exists.