Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

Can we extend "Make Xan a Generalist Mage" to other NPC mages as well?  It's kinda frustrating to be locked out of a whole school of spells with most of them, and Dynaheir being unable to use enchantment/charm which has most of the best disabling spells weakens her quite a bit IMHO.

25 minutes ago, Angel said:

Can we extend "Make Xan a Generalist Mage" to other NPC mages as well?  It's kinda frustrating to be locked out of a whole school of spells with most of them, and Dynaheir being unable to use enchantment/charm which has most of the best disabling spells weakens her quite a bit IMHO.

Use Level 1 NPCs NPC components and modify all the NPCs classes ... to be barbarians, if you like. Or mages. Like Minsc, he is definitely the best Illusionist of the hole punch.

At least on EE games, consider the idea of penalizing drow when they're outside during the day. Something like IWD2, i.e.: -2 to THAC0, saving throws and damage.

Code template in the spoiler tag below if you're interested:

Spoiler

// First of all, add 'AREATYPE bit_uneq specified value' to SPLPROT.2da. After that:

ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY	drow	BEGIN
	VICONI		=>	1
	VICONI4 	=>	1
	BAELOTH		=>	1
	DRIZZT		=>	1
	// And so forth...
END

ACTION_PHP_EACH	drow AS crename => ind	BEGIN
	ACTION_IF	(ind == 1)	BEGIN
		ACTION_IF	FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME	~%crename%.cre~	BEGIN
			COPY_EXISTING	~%crename%.cre~	~override~
				LPF ADD_CRE_EFFECT
				INT_VAR
					insert_point = "-1"
					opcode = 232	// Cast spell on condition
					target = 1
					parameter2 = 13	// Time of day is 'Special'
					timing = 9		// Instant/Permanent
					special = 0		// DAY - from 7 am to 20 pm
				STR_VAR
					resource = ~DUMMY~
				END
			BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
		END
	END
END

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ACTION_IF	!FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME	~DUMMY.spl~	BEGIN
	CREATE	"SPL"	"DUMMY"
		WRITE_LONG	0x0018	BIT14	// Ignore dead/wild magic
		WRITE_SHORT	0x001c	4		// Innate
		WRITE_LONG	0x0034	1		// Spell level
	COPY_EXISTING	~DUMMY.spl~	~override~
		LPF ADD_SPELL_HEADER
		INT_VAR
			target = 5	// Caster
		END
		LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 321	// Remove effects by resource
			target = 1
			timing = 1		// Instant/Permanent until death
		STR_VAR
			resource = EVAL ~%SOURCE_RES%~
		END
		LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 318	// Protection from spell
			target = 1
			parameter1 = IDS_OF_SYMBOL (~AREATYPE~ ~OUTDOOR~)
			parameter2 = areatype_bit_uneq	// AREATYPE bit_uneq specified value
			duration = 1
		STR_VAR
			resource = EVAL ~%SOURCE_RES%~
		END
		LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 54	// Base THAC0 bonus
			target = 1
			parameter1 = "-2"
			duration = 7
		END
		LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 73	// Attack damage bonus
			target = 1
			parameter1 = "-2"
			duration = 7
		END
		LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 325	// All saving throws bonus
			target = 1
			parameter1 = "-2"
			duration = 7
		END
		LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 142	// Display portrait icon
			target = 1
			parameter2 = 8	// Blind => a custom icon would be much better...
			duration = 7
		END
	BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END

Edited by Luke

Would there be any possibility of adding a third option to the Easy Spell Learning tweak to remove the spell book's cap but leave the scroll scribing chance alone?

Reason: just QoL, since EE mark scrolls as green when you don't know them, it's easier to see which scrolls you need when you're visiting stores and such, and since under normal play you normally just drink a couple of potions of intelligence, the spell book cap doesn't matter at all.

For me at least, I like the spell scribing failure chance, since it forces me to hoard scrolls and not be able to learn them on the spot... and have scribing sessions before rest and such, which makes sense RP-ing wise (or, at least, as much sense as you can withing the game's mechanics...) so removing the failure chance is never an option for me, but the spell book cap is something that never comes into play, since under buffed intelligence there's no cap, and you can learn all you want anyways.

Guest EdekeReweAldiLidl

Make Jaheira easier to dismiss. It makes sense that she gets angry and leaves for good when she is dismissed while she is cursed but for other times it is difficult to juggle NPCs when she throws a hissy fit. You're basically stuck with her even if you don't romance her and the Harper plot takes a long timr. At least make her recruitable after meeting Terminsel and she regains her Harper status.

This is going to be fairly minor, but I figured I'd try my luck anyway.

The Enhanced Editions brought forth, among other things, a recoloring of all joinable NPCs that makes use of the extended color palettes (which the Enhanced Editions implemented from 1PP) in order to better match the color scheme from each character's portrait.

Would it be possible to have a Tweaks Anthology component that brings the same coloring to non-Enhanced versions of the game (provided that the extended palettes from 1PP were installed)?

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Allow Barbarians to use Wong Fei's Ioun Stone - All Fighters can use it except Barbarians even though Barbarians have no restrictions on headgear. Generally, every class can use Ioun Stones, even Kensais. Berserkers, another "wild" Fighter kit, can use it. Barbarians should be allowed to use this item.

I am trowing a bottle in the sea about a component that would be interesting to make pickpocketing skill usefull:

To make the pickpocketing skill usefull, we should make baldur similar to Dragon Age : every neutral character should have some money/potions/scroll/jewelery etc... A neutral noble character should have more money than a beggar etc...

So It would be nice to have a mode patching all neutral character, giving to them some random  loots. ( in a balancing way of course).

( because I don't steal in shop and sell fences goods, it doesn't make any sence for me)

Edited by DrAzTiK

A suggestion for "Sensible Entrance Points"

Add one or preferably two extra entrance points to AR1700  a.k.a. Small Teeth Pass: one in the southwest corner (at/around 70, 3090 local coordinates) and another one at the southern border (at/around 2650, 3100 local coordinates). Small Teeth Pass has a wooden bridge across a ravine; a bridge one can't simply bypass. It doesn't make sense that this area has only one defined entrance point. It calls for two at least.

Aren't they different rings?

BG1:

Ring of wizardry:  'Evermemory'
Long ago, a grand wizard from Amn was rumored to have defied Mystra's limitations on the magical arts.  Legends spoke of this wizard being able to cast spells without the limitation of memorization.  In the end it was found that his powers stemmed from the several magical rings that he had made for himself.  His proclaimed "everlasting memory" was a hoax, though his rings continue to be one of the most sought after items in the Realms.'

BG2:

Ring of Wizardry:  'Reaching Ring'
This ring is masterfully enchanted, allowing the wearer to memorize more spells than normally possible.  It was originally commissioned by spellcaster <CHARNAME>, apparently at great monetary and personal cost.

BGT already restores the Evermemory version (double 1st lvl spells).

I have a suggestion to include in this compilation two mods that have already been published: Blazing Inferno and Ammoless. I believe the first one is a must-have for everybody: it prevents spell casters from having their spells disrupted when they receive zero damage (for instance, when they're attacked with a fireball but they're immune to fire). The second one fixes an issue with some magical ranged weapons. Maybe not as essential as the first one, but still nice to have. I have asked both authors whether they'd like their mods to be in Tweaks Anthology. The author of Ammoless has agreed, the author of Blazing Inferno hasn't answered yet.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Remove Chaotic Neutral Anomen's conflicts with Dorn and Hexxat

If you turn Anomen into CN alignment, he will have a conflict with 2 Lawful Good NPCs (Aerie and Keldorn). That makes sense. Likewise, I think he should be more tolerant with Dorn and Hexxat once he gets banned from the Order of the Radiant Heart. He doesn't uphold the Order's ideals anymore and he accepts his inner evil.