Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

I'll heap another suggestion onto the pile..

If

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v7
is installed before "Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of X", have stores sell stacks of X, rather than 120. 120 is the default stack size for #1120.
On 11/13/2018 at 7:47 PM, Sarge945 said:

So, after playing the Icewind Dale Mega Mod I think there are some good features in it that should be made available to other games (and to IWD without the rest of the mod).

Namely, the Sound Sets should be made available to vanilla IWD (and all it's versions) without the rest of the mod, as it's quite a nice feature and probably belongs in a "tweak pack", especially with better mod support etc

From the original mods page:

Lastly, and this makes sense for all games, the mod prevents merchants from buying magic wands to stop the "sell wand, buy it back recharged" mechanic. I like this idea, but I don't like his approach.

The Tweak pack would be cool with some options for this, like

1. Merchants do not buy wands

2. Merchants will buy wands, but will not sell them back to you

3. Merchants will buy and sell wands, their charges will be retained (I don't know if this is even possible). Wand prices affected by number of charges.

With option 3, maybe a "I would like to recharge my magic items" dialogue option could appear at magic shops, which would cost (the cost of the wand / total number of charges) per charge to recharge (and we could specify how many wand charges we want). Most higher-level wands would not be rechargable.

This is to prevent the "buy back wands" exploit, since it was obviously not intended, and would potentially replace it with a more fair system where you pay per charge, and only from certain vendors, and only for certain wands that are obviously not really powerful and designed to be limited.

EDIT: Whoops! I didn't see the feature suggestions thread! I am happy to move this there if required!

Merged this into the feature request thread.

> 3. Merchants will buy and sell wands, their charges will be retained (I don't know if this is even possible). Wand prices affected by number of charges. 

This is possible with ToBEx, bit 14 of the flags field at 0x0010 in a .sto file determines whether or not the merchant will recharge wands.  However, I am not sure if this feature was carried over to the EE games.  I suppose I can test it if anyone's interested.

3 hours ago, CamDawg said:

From Ludwig_II on the BD forums--a tweak to make arrows behave like BG (with damage bonus) or like BG2 (no damage bonus).

Perhaps combine that with Dee's enchanted arrows? 😛

4. A way to modify the amount of damage required before a chraacter gets chunked (so from -10 HP to -30 HP, for example) rather than disabling it completely

I also beg to have a component allowing to never have a character get chunked ( no portrait means we need to reload...)

Edited by DrAzTiK
48 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

I also beg to have a component allowing to never have a character get chunked ( no portrait means we need to reload...)

"Make party members less likely to die irreversibly" was added a couple of versions back--does that work?

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

"Make party members less likely to die irreversibly" was added a couple of versions back--does that work?

I have installed this component but I think it is not working.  I sill have my characters get chunked (no more portraits), especially when they takes big damage.