Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

3 hours ago, Guest Arcand the mad said:

Use all items hla allowing the use of companion items.

That's probably not possible. 

EDIT - well, unless you change those items' restrictions to ise some method other than oocode 319. Which could be doable. 

If install order is enforced (Tweaks installed after all mods that add kits) then you could apply opcode 180 spells in each kit's ability table, and then add 321 effects canceling it to the UAI spell. (I think one of my mods actually does this...)

If possible I'd really like an option to prevent the first class becoming inactive when Dual-Classing a character.

It feels far to punishing having it become inactive. For example playing the vast majority of BG1 with your Thief's skills disabled while they're a useless Mage compared to the rest of the party, a party which now has to bring another Thief along or go without.

Also in things like BGT, where you may be planning further ahead and so having a higher level first class, it may not even re-activate until some point in BG2.

It's very frustrating and I'd really appreciate such an option.

(Just to clarify, I don't mean for the first class to continue gaining experience after Dual Classing, rather that it just doesn't become useless/unusable until some condition)

Though it would be nice to keep the no Hitpoint gain until the new class surpasses the first, so it doesn't end up with excessive Hitpoints.

Edited by Gibergobber
Clarification

Would it be possible to tweak the slayer form a bit to make this form reliable while still having some disatvantages :

In the actual vanilla game, the slayer form makes you :

1-lose 2 points of reputation  
2- lose control sometimes
3- cure all hp and set it to 100
4 - takes damage after few round until death.

MMy suggestion :

1 should gone
2 It is ok, because we need a disadvantage when turning into the slayer
3- It would be better to not cure HP give only +100hp instead
4- should gone

IS CamDawg the only one who take care about this mod ? Unfortunately I cannot help a lot about modding :(

I believe Almateria's Restoration Project mod already includes a fix for the Slayer form's setting your HP to 100 instead of adding +100 HP to your total (I've also filed a bug report on redmine for the Enhanced Editions.)

Could we get an EE-compliant version of Miloch's PnP Free Action as a Tweaks Anthology component? I'm sure Trevor wouldn't object to that :)

Guest acwrig

Posted this before but this thread makes more sense. Allow Multiple Romances to activate in Baldur's Gate 1/EE rather than simply skipping over it on the installer. Reason I say this is because there are multiple romance options in BG1/EE particularly in Siege of Dragonspear

6 hours ago, Guest acwrig said:

Posted this before but this thread makes more sense. Allow Multiple Romances to activate in Baldur's Gate 1/EE rather than simply skipping over it on the installer. Reason I say this is because there are multiple romance options in BG1/EE particularly in Siege of Dragonspear

Well, it's either skip or LIE to the player. See, its code is not compatible/expanded with any of the BG1 NPCs -romances ... so would you rather install a lie and by same admission, a virus etc bad software, or just get the truth that it won't be installed ? 

On 3/16/2019 at 7:04 AM, DrAzTiK said:

IS CamDawg the only one who take care about this mod ? Unfortunately I cannot help a lot about modding :(

Seems so at the current time.

15 hours ago, Andrea C. said:

I believe Almateria's Restoration Project mod already includes a fix for the Slayer form's setting your HP to 100 instead of adding +100 HP to your total (I've also filed a bug report on redmine for the Enhanced Editions.)

ALmateria's restoratiion only add + 100hp.  Also this mod looks a bit bugged on EE, it is not working at all in my game.

Tweak idea:

Give all turn-able undead npcs a 'destroy self' special ability.

Especially when using AI mods *cough* SCS *cough*, turning undead with an evil cleric is no fun at all. Turned undead won't follow a given order for more than a few seconds and even if we ignore that issue, it makes no sense that an evil cleric who supposedly has full control over the undead (especially if its a mindless one like a ghoul) has to restort to forcing it to attack something else in order to 'kill it'.

2 hours ago, Ulb said:

Especially when using AI mods *cough* SCS *cough*, turning undead with an evil cleric is no fun at all. Turned undead won't follow a given order for more than a few seconds ...

This would be easy to solve with ... ta daa:

ActionListEmpty()

... but DavidW won't do it. Cause apparently... the summoned creatures are just mindless zombies. Brains... now a case could be made to put: Allegiance(Player1,Enemy) or other things there too, but that's subject to multiple things, that we don't go into here.

And yes, you are talking about summoned creatures, not Non-Player-Characters, aka NPCs, like say Minsc.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

No, I'm not talking about summoned creatures (exclusively), I'm talking about turn-able undead NPCs (I'm not going to debate about what the term 'NPC' entails and what not, it is perfectly clear from context what I was referring to.)

I've mentioned the turn undead issue to DavidW in the past (though I was specifically talking about Liches then, which probably obscured the fact that this is also an issue with undead creatures that are turn-able without 'mods' buffing up the turn undead level.)

In any case, the way I see it, evil clerics should have a bit of an edge when it comes to turn undead while in reality they currently often feel inferior to good clerics. Adding a 'self-destroyx' ability to undead would rectify this issue.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:11 PM, Sam. said:

+1

+10

And of course, I'm nominating Cam to do the work. Even though he (or some other Lumbergh) already had me do it for some EE or other (IWD if I recall arightly), so it should already be theoretically compatible with some heavy-handed code juggling (i.e., translating Orcish WeiDU to something understandable).

But then, Cam has been a bit standoffish about assimilating other mods (and this after he proposed the Tweaks Borg--resistance is futile).