Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

One thing for the 'Cosmetic department' that would be nice to have is a 'Pink Imoen for classic BG2' component. With Imoens portraits in both games, the BG1 NPC project mentioning all her tunics being pink, and her colors in BG2:EE the black and yellow looks out of place somehow.

1 hour ago, Caillean said:

One thing for the 'Cosmetic department' that would be nice to have is a 'Pink Imoen for classic BG2' component. With Imoens portraits in both games, the BG1 NPC project mentioning all her tunics being pink, and her colors in BG2:EE the black and yellow looks out of place somehow.

Better yet, would be a BGT/EET components... that first make the all the Imoen .cre's to have a pink avatar and BG1 portrait, and then a secondary component that cannot be installed at the same run but one that REQUIRES the previous to install ... a component that gives the BG2 portrait or any variety of them and paints the avatar in similar colors.

Hi. First, let me say thanks for so much tireless work over so many years. 

I'd love an option to begin Bg2/EE with the settings turned on for the importable items from SoD, so they show up throughout the game without importing a character. Most playthroughs I prefer just SoA, but some of those items were interesting. Last playthrough I added them via console but it's a little fourth wall breaking. 

On 11/3/2019 at 5:33 AM, Guest Eros said:

Hi. First, let me say thanks for so much tireless work over so many years. 

I'd love an option to begin Bg2/EE with the settings turned on for the importable items from SoD, so they show up throughout the game without importing a character. Most playthroughs I prefer just SoA, but some of those items were interesting. Last playthrough I added them via console but it's a little fourth wall breaking. 

Actually, although they are available in other tweak mods, an option here for new SoA characters to receive the tome bonuses and imported items from BG1 would be great as well.

Guest StummVonBordwehr

Love this mod.

dont know if this haven’t all ready  been suggested. But I love to see and option for the potions of speed to act as intended and as suggested in their in game description.

I know Beamdog had this planned, but scrapped this in the last minute. I know it might break balance, but it is the way it was intended.

br

Hey thank you for the mod, love it. Small suggestion here. It would be great if you added small shield support for shamans in

Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields.

Shamans are even more restricted with shields than druids, and with no multi classing they even have no option of upgrading their buckler proficiency that other classes have. It would be also consistent with thieves/bards getting upgrade from bucklers.

Guest Sarge945

For the Remove Helmet Animations component, could it be changed to work like the Two-Handed Bastard Swords and other modules - that is, add an ability to all helmets to toggle visibility on or off (with a custom grayed-out icon or something), defaulting to off. It might be good to have one or two characters wearing unique or interesting helms, while the rest have their helmets invisible.

This is NOT a new idea, but an old one that seems to have been lost in the evolution from the original IWD Ease-of-Use pack by Tioma to the current Tweaks anthology.

The original ease-of-use had a feature that I just discovered was missing from the latest evolution when I tried to help a friend who just bought the Enhanced edition and asked what mods I used (I don't have EE). It had an option to add 6 "ammo belts" to the various stores in the game so each character can keep their special ammunition handy. Somewhere along the way that option got dropped. I've taken that for granted for the last 15 years as a convenience.

Given that it was added by somebody called Tioma who may be long gone, is there any possibility of replicating this feature

I did suggest trying the original ease-of-use and only adding that one feature, however apparently it does not work with Enhanced Edition as it cannot locate dialog.tlk. Not having EE, I can't help him there.

The original I'm talking about is available on Sorcerer's Place here:

https://sorcerers.net/Games/IWD/index_mods.php

Also could ammo belts be added to the other games as well? There are similar mods for BG2 and IWD2. The original BG1 does not support such containers (so it's probably a no for my copy of BG1), but they would probably be really nice in EE if it does in fact use the BG2 engine/features and supports potion/scroll cases and gem bags.

Edited by slickrcbd
8 hours ago, slickrcbd said:

I did suggest trying the original ease-of-use and only adding that one feature, however apparently it does not work with Enhanced Edition as it cannot locate dialog.tlk. Not having EE, I can't help him there.

Replace the EXE with a modern version of WeiDU named as the original.

It did appear to install, BUT apparently doing that caused the game to crash as soon as he accessed  Pomab's shop. I gave him the link to this forum as this is NOT on my own system. I did try to help using Team Viewer and the telephone, but I've never used Enhanced Edition.

EDIT: Fortunately choosing to UNinstall the mod fixed the problem.

Edited by slickrcbd

I'm pretty sure it is not, as IWD Tweaks was supposed to supersede it, and in turn Tweaks anthology has superseded that. Hence the original suggestion of adding ammo belts to stores be put back in.

I see Frieza4 (his usual handle online) has not posted here, I'll ask what's going on.

Guest Hellooo

"Expand Romance Cheats to cover BG1 NPC and SoD romances" twisting my thumbs for this one :) can openlock and findtraps be made into character special abilities? or some items special abilty? like a lockpick you put into quick items.

18 hours ago, MeToLee said:

hi. I was wondering if its possible to tweak the Reveal Detail a bit. like removing the health and name display above charname and npcs. they look ugly and fill the view. I mean you can see the health on portraits already.

Have you tried the options screen ?

xCgA8kP.jpg