Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

Scales of Balance

• applies thac0 penalties for dual-wielding based on weapon size, rather than proficiency level
  • gives you an automatic shield bash effect when specialized in SnS
  • gives an extra +1/2 APR plus thac0 bonuses when specialize in SWS
  • gives fairly large thac0/damage/crit chance bonuses for 2HW

It is EE only.  There is another, less-drastic mod that modifies weapon styles within the existing STYLBONU.2da options... I think it is "3.5 Rules for Weapon Styles" or something like that.

Expand party limit. Given the amount of characters in the games having 5 slots for your party isn't quite enough (especially if you want to listen to the banter and do everyone's quests you have to keep swapping them out and leaving them everywhere). Having a few more slots would help with that.

Honestly I am surprised this hasn't been suggested before, or if it has i missed it.

24 minutes ago, Guest Zero said:

Expand party limit. Given the amount of characters in the games having 5 slots for your party isn't quite enough (especially if you want to listen to the banter and do everyone's quests you have to keep swapping them out and leaving them everywhere). Having a few more slots would help with that.

Honestly I am surprised this hasn't been suggested before, or if it has i missed it.

Oh, everyone and their cousins on their mother's side wants this.  It's all hard coded, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

What's the verdict on bringing in or duplicating tweaks from other mods to cdtweaks?

I have a bunch that I use, many of which are from mods that duplicate tweaks in cdtweaks and have only a couple of unique features.

You can always share the code and people will tell if they like it more than others.

Hi @CamDawg

Any chance to make Improved Fate Spirit Summoning component compatible with EET?

#SKIPPING: [Improved Fate Spirit Summoning] -> it was skipped during my EET installation.

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\
///// Improved Fate Spirit Summoning                   \\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\

BEGIN @401000 DESIGNATED 4010
GROUP @0
REQUIRE_PREDICATE     GAME_IS ~tob bg2ee bgt~   @25 // ToB required

// end of SoA cutscenes set extra variable
COPY_EXISTING ~cut100a.bcs~ ~override~
              ~cut100b.bcs~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~MultiPlayerSync()~ ~SetGlobal("G#G3.CompletedSoA","GLOBAL",1) MultiPlayerSync()~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
  UNLESS ~SetGlobal("G#G3.CompletedSoA","GLOBAL",1)~
  BUT_ONLY

And a second question. Triple-class HLA table requires component 2090 remove XP cap to be installed first. But EET Tweaks component 2002 also disables XP cap. Any chance you could tweak requirements for Triple-class HLA table to account also 2002 component from EET Tweaks?

Edited by Cahir

Greetings.

If there is someone that hasn't finished the game yet, my post contains Post-Underdark spoilers.

One thing that annoys me is that when i leave underdark and i have Viconia with me (almost everytime), she is forced by Elhan to accept a geas spell without me being able to say anything (i don't like in general when a game railroads you without giving you a choice). He interrogates me pestering me with stupid questions, he needs my help to get the lanthorn because he can't travel to human lands and he has the audacity to mess with my teammates.

One course of action could be that Viconia leaves your party and meets you at another point (i think Yasraena does that). Some other courses i thought are a) Adalon informing Viconia that the surface elves will be very suspicious towards her and offering her to disguise her as surface elf (with viconia being able to refuse leading to the original behavior), b) even better giving the player the option to strenuously object to Elhan's behavior, even threatening him or something.

I would try to implement it myself and open a pull request but i don't know anything about dialog scripting so i leave the idea here in case some of the devs like my proposal.

A pet peeve of mine is that sometimes i get stuck on insignificant little details like this one. Or the guy in Adventurer's mart that warns you not to steal.  Oh how i hate that guy :) My current playthrough is with a Cavalier Paladin with amazing reputation and still the guy warns me not to steal.

Thank you for your time.

I wish a component (cheat) that allows to win 100% against Aesgareth when playing the card game.

I'm fed up with reloading :

On my mobile*, about 50 reloads, i can only draw :
 - Plague, then Aesgareth draws Construct, he wins
 - Strife, then Aesgareth draws Triumph, he wins

* on my computer, I can (sometimes) win, but never on my mobile.

Edited by Fouinto
On 10/9/2020 at 4:33 AM, Alonso said:

I have a "meta idea": Create a list of the ideas proposed so far (and not yet implemented) and do a poll in the wider community to see which ones get more support. The poll could be done in the Beamdog forum to give it exposure to a bigger audience.

Sometimes it's easier to just make a tweak that is possible and then add it into the mod, without all the questions as you know you can do the tweak. Say like with Fouinto's posts adding a dialog option to the card game that says "(cheat)" in it. Of course that needs to be translated etc which is a further complication, and dialog editing which I haven't done at all, but I would wager the above to be possible with a weidu function I haven't ever used. Why, never needed to.