Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

cdtweaks:10;cdtweaks - Remove Helmet Animations

I like very much this component for my character and his companions;  But it was very weird to see the guards (from Candlekeep for example) being in full plate armor without a helmet. It was like something was missing.

I would consider a remove helmet animations for PC/NPCs.

Edited by Mordekaie

Hi,

I like playing with "Reveal Details" feature on because I don't want to miss any chest, door or named NPC, but I don't like the white text on my party characters, especially in combat. It's useless in and out of combat. I know that the tab button allows me to activate this feature but constantly pressing/releasing it is annoying. If only it was a toggle button. And it doesn't prevent me from forgetting to press it.

image.png.330ebfddd854eeab5726011d1a18cc58.png

In addition to the life bars, the action in combat can quickly become unreadable with this text.

Would it be possible to separate the components displayed by this "reveal details" feature?

A toggle to show or hide each component would be great. Doors, chests, character names, character HPs, named NPC, commoner names, action icons image.png.6300c8181fe1da729efb7d816a031f2b.pngimage.png.a26e1d5b8a1ec5ddd06e6492de476a06.png(icons only in BG2EE from what I saw) and maybe some Ctrl+4 components (when cheats enable).

If not, would it be possible to automatically disable the Reveal Details feature during combat because this is not the time to explore, try to talk to a named NPC or search chests?

Edited by Leilu

A tweak for an NPC: Anomen's holy symbol.

Currently, it's kind of a mess because of his alignment changes. In standard BG2EE, he can get any of the Lathander, Helm, or Talos symbols. If he's chaotic neutral when he reaches level 25, he gets the Talos symbol. If he's lawful neutral, he gets the Helm holy symbol. If he's lawful good, it depends on player 1's choices; he gets the Helm symbol if you worked with the Helm temple for the Unseeing Eye quest and the Lathander symbol if you worked with one of the other two.

It's even possible to get a holy symbol and then lose the ability to use it; if he gets the Helm holy symbol before his trial and then falls to CN, he no longer meets the symbol's alignment requirements.

My suggested tweak? Clone the Helm holy symbol to a version that's allowed for all alignments but restricted to Anomen only. And have him get that symbol in all cases. After all, all versions of him follow Helm.

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to add a component to make the strength damage bonus consistent (ie. add or remove it) across all throwing daggers?

I noticed a lot of item mods that have custom throwing daggers (such as Thalantyr Item Upgrade), will lack the strength bonus.

Alternatively, some people might find the strength bonus overpowered/unrealistic (supposed to be light throwing knives) and prefer the non-EE behaviour. 

Edited by CajunAzn

There are a few situations in BG1 (that guy in Feldepost's Inn, that paladin who tries to murder you if you walk into a certain tavern with an evil-aligned party member) where the logical good-aligned option is to knock the character out with non-lethal damage, which is an option if you just unequip your weapons and go ham with your fists as anything other than a monk character. It's always bothered me that neither of these characters *react at all* to being knocked out and left at your mercy but not *killed.* I feel as if these characters should have dialogue after-the-fact that includes some variation of them leaving the map permanently and/or promising not to attack again, as opposed to instantly becoming aggressive *the instant* they wake up, effectively forcing you to never step into that building again unless you want to keep knocking them out or just kill them.

In my situation Neera was a bit slow at leaving the inn with the paladin and he ended up following us out into the street, forcing my good-aligned protagonist to reduce him to meat chunks IN THE STREET, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, to save Neera's life and make walking through that district of Baldur's Gate not a constant annoyance. I know that the guy in Feldepost's Inn can be talked down before he becomes aggressive so that's not such a big deal but I just like the idea of being able to defend yourself without stepping over the murder line, you know? At least in certain places.

I know that if you're clever about it you can lure them to out-of-the-way places, knock them out, and never cross their paths again because they'll just *sit* there (you can do this with Charm magic as well), but these methods are incredibly gamified and fiddly, so I tend not to think of them in the heat of the moment. >_>;;

Edited by The One True Nobody
On 6/22/2022 at 7:31 AM, The One True Nobody said:

It's always bothered me that neither of these characters *react at all* to being knocked out and left at your mercy but not *killed.* I feel as if these characters should have dialogue after-the-fact that includes some variation of them leaving the map permanently and/or promising not to attack again, as opposed to instantly becoming aggressive *the instant* they wake up

This is not a "tweak". It would require individual scripts and dialogues for every character in the game.. And I'm not even sure being hit unconscious by the group can be reliably detected.

19 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

A disable arkanis gath tweak would be cool.

The problem is that arkanis gath exists to prevent you breaking the plot. Just removing him leaves the game in an unadvanceable state. (In a modern RPG this would be handled just by making Aran Linvail unattackable once you side with him.)

On 7/23/2017 at 7:22 PM, CamDawg said:

At least on EE games, consider the idea of penalizing drow when they're outside during the day.

This is interesting, I can work on it...

Also, what about expanding it so as to include other relevant creatures...? For instance:

• Drows, Duergars
    • -2 Dexterity, -2 saves, -2 THAC0
  • Kobolds, Tasloi, Goblins, Kuo-toa
    • -1 THAC0
  • Orcs, Orogs
    • -1 THAC0, -1 morale
  • Sahuagin
    • not sure here... 3E speaks of blindness, 2E is a bit vague ("They dislike light, and bright light [...] is harmful to their eyes.")
  • Spectral Trolls
    • insta-death, though it's not actually insta-death ("Spectral trolls vanish in direct sunlight. They do not take damage from sunlight, they merely fade from view and reappear at the same spot at nightfall.")
      • this does sound too complicated or even impossible to implement...
  • Feyrs
    • insta-death ("Common feyrs are slain by the morning light...")
  • Wraiths
    • cannot attack, though it's not that simple ("Sunlight cannot destroy the wraith, but the undead creature cannot attack in sunlight. It shuns bright (e.g., continual) light sources in general, but will occasionally attack if the compulsion to do so is strong.")

Thoughts...?

Edited by Luke
On 7/23/2017 at 7:22 PM, CamDawg said:

UNDEAD, GOLEM (Clay/Iron/Stone, not Flesh), SLIME, DRAGON, DEMONIC and so forth should be immune to backstab/sneak attack (opcode #292).....

Done. Thoughts...?

I think the tweak can be safely extended to classic bg2 / bgt... However, since I can only test EE games, I'll leave that part to you...

Guest Morgoth
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Done. Thoughts...?

I think the tweak can be safely extended to classic bg2 / bgt... However, since I can only test EE games, I'll leave that part to you...

Is

Adalon [

in human form immune to backstab? 

I'd say

- If you're talking about backstab (stabbing in the back), only creature without a back should be immune (so, most undead have a back, most golems do too, dragons, demons have one. That would leave slimes I guess ?

- if you're talking about sneak attacks, only creatures without distinctive biological features (necessary to find a weak point) should be immune. There are more, like undead, golems and elementals (no biology at all), slime, but not dragons, fiends.

I tend to confuse both because both seem have the same translation in my language.