List of continuous EET characters

Ok, thank you ;)

Not very in-topic, but just wanted to share. For my no-reload EET run, my good-aligned, continuous party through all the game, will be:

- Charname (cleric/mage);

- Imoen (dual class at level 7 to mage);

- Sirene (Cavalier kit);

- Sandrah (cleric/warrior);

- Minsc (mace dual wielder or archer, we'll see);

- free slot for rotation of quest related NPCs.

A hint - with Sandrah you will have the chance to dual-class Imoen to thief mage from the beginning via an option in the first talk with Imoen in Candlekeep. This adds far more contents and also two large extra quests for the Imoen/Sandrah pairing in BG1 - just in case such stuff interests you.

Sure, but who will detect and disarm traps? :p Unfortunately I don't have any alternative to bringing Imoen to a decent thief level..

Ok, thank you ;)

Not very in-topic, but just wanted to share. For my no-reload EET run, my good-aligned, continuous party through all the game, will be:

- Sirene (Cavalier kit);

A hint - with Sandrah you will have the chance to dual-class Imoen to thief mage from the beginning via an option in the first talk with Imoen in Candlekeep. This adds far more contents and also two large extra quests for the Imoen/Sandrah pairing in BG1 - just in case such stuff interests you.

Sure, but who will detect and disarm traps? :p Unfortunately I don't have any alternative to bringing Imoen to a decent thief level..

Your number six, who is on the second level of Friendly Arm Inn.

Yes, I was going to tell you.

From what I understood, changing to fighter/cleric causes problems, changing Paladin kit does not, so only one option should be made unavailable by BWS in EET installs.

I am no kit expert, so please help me out:

Is *Undead Hunter* a paladin?

Ok, thank you ;)

- Sirene (Cavalier kit);

If I recall correctly, you can make Imoen a multiclassed thief/mage with that choice in Sandrah Saga. No dual classing issues -- straight up multi from the start. It's a new feature of EE-exclusive tweak -- humans and non-humans are no longer restricted from dual or multi classes.

It's a new feature of EE-exclusive tweak -- humans and non-humans are no longer restricted from dual or multi classes.

No, it's not. It's just a bit perhaps easier to do in the current games when you make the NPC's files, but you can set the kit & class to whatever the original game has while you edit the character. And it's about the editing tools. This could be done with Near Infinity a long time ago... but now you can do it within the original games if you just installed the few ToBEx mods(the in BG2 Tweak Packs/Tweaks Anthology), with just the regular make a multiplayer char into an NPC way, without editing race etc facts.

For example, you can make a Fighter/Thief that has a Necromancer kit, the last part will just never do a thing, as that effects nothing.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43305/mod-npc-ee-non-player-characters-enhanced-for-everyone

Found. With this, I would be able to make Imoen a multiclass thief/mage.

Roxanne, would I have access to the content you mentioned earlier anyway?

And moreover, anybody knows what "Make Neera a (wild magic) sorcerer" exactly? It's in the BWS options.. maybe a sorcerer with wild surge chance? The answer is yes (found readme).

Edited by Blash2

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43305/mod-npc-ee-non-player-characters-enhanced-for-everyone

And moreover, anybody knows what "Make Neera a (wild magic) sorcerer" exactly? It's in the BWS options.. maybe a sorcerer with wild surge chance? The answer is yes (found readme).

Answer to first question - no.

It's a new feature of EE-exclusive tweak -- humans and non-humans are no longer restricted from dual or multi classes.

No, it's not. It's just a bit perhaps easier to do in the current games when you make the NPC's files, but you can set the kit & class to whatever the original game has while you edit the character. And it's about the editing tools. This could be done with Near Infinity a long time ago... but now you can do it within the original games if you just installed the few ToBEx mods(the in BG2 Tweak Packs/Tweaks Anthology), with just the regular make a multiplayer char into an NPC way, without editing race etc facts.

For example, you can make a Fighter/Thief that has a Necromancer kit, the last part will just never do a thing, as that effects nothing.

Ah, fair enough. I was recalling a line in the old BGTweaks readme that stated that the human multiclassing and demihuman dual classing components were EE exclusive. Makes sense that EE simply allows the ability to be more easily front-end packaged as a tweak component.

NI always allows all kinds of fun shenanigans. Right now I'm enjoying that fact that, by allowing Monks to take proficiency in Dual Wielding, I can have an off-hand sword with a main-hand unarmed strike. I essentially get to have the blade wielding monk that I've always wanted now. Broken to be sure -- and a little silly -- but dang cool looking.

Of course if I wanted to "fix" that, I could go into NI and edit Monkfist to be a 2h weapon. But as I said, to me it's a feature not a bug :D

Edited by Lightbringer

As I understand it, this is because the extra content for Imoen is tied to the choice that the player makes in dialogue, not necessarily to the mere existence of Imoen with a mage element, right?\

So, in theory, could someone select "yes Imoen be a mage/thief" in dialogue, then go into EEKeeper and change her to a Paladin or a Barbarian or a single-classed thief or whatever -- and still get the extra content?

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a bad idea that totally defeats the spirit of things. Plus some of the mechanics of the content might rely on mage abilities that Thief-Imoen does not possess. Not to mention the flavor of the quests might be off from the current version of Imoen.

I don't know. I can't say I've never done goofy things like that ...

Edited by Lightbringer

As I understand it, this is because the extra content for Imoen is tied to the choice that the player makes in dialogue, not necessarily to the mere existence of Imoen with a mage element, right?\

So, in theory, could someone select "yes Imoen be a mage/thief" in dialogue, then go into EEKeeper and change her to a Paladin or a Barbarian or a single-classed thief or whatever -- and still get the extra content?

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a bad idea that totally defeats the spirit of things. Plus some of the mechanics of the content might rely on mage abilities that Thief-Imoen does not possess. Not to mention the flavor of the quests might be off from the current version of Imoen.

I don't know. I can't say I've never done goofy things like that ...

I put spoiler here not to hijack the topic even more.

At the end of the conversation with Imoen she will ask you a (clearly just hypothetical question)

=~So now - if you had a choice to have a companion out there with some abilities to help you along, what would be your choice?~

IF~~THEN REPLY~A thief to open locks and find traps would be helpful.~DO~SetGlobal("Imoenclasschoice","GLOBAL",1)~GOTO San14

IF~~THEN REPLY~Someone to throw fireballs or conjure up pink berries could be of use.~DO~SetGlobal("Imoenclasschoice","GLOBAL",2)~GOTO San14

IF~~THEN REPLY~I read you like an open book in the library over there, little one. Of course I would need a thief and a mage to get along. Best if that could be the same person doing both.~DO~SetGlobal("Imoenclasschoice","GLOBAL",3)~GOTO San14

END

The first option lets Imoen stay whatever you decided her to be.Thief is in the text but it is to be understood as *leave her as whatever she is* (maybe you used EE_NPC mod already to change her, so she will be what your choice there was,)

Second obviously is mage.

Third thief/mage,

You can of course do all kinds of *goofy* things. It will even let you start the Sandrah quests (the globals are checked for that, not the Class etc) but you will get stuck sooner or later as Imoen cannot use items or does not have required abilities.

And it is the same for Sandrah - she is a priestess of Mystra and the mod is around that. You can make her a paladin or a mage and it will work for a while (even if contradicting her dialogues and plot) but not for long.

Wait! So you actually CAN make Imoen a multiclass thief/mage with just that dialogue, right? You said just "dual-class" in an earlier post.

post-5210-0-27005500-1501405271_thumb.jpg

Ignore her points and stuff - i cheated her into my party in chapter 6 to make the screenshot, so this is irrelevant.

Edited by Roxanne