I found this in the changelog for new Weidu 243

SUPPORT is an alias for AUTHOR.
There is not much documentation of how where why to use it, though.

As the changelog states, it is just an alias. You can use either of the keywords, it doesn't make a difference for WeiDU internally. I guess this keyword had been requested to emphasize that AUTHOR should preferably provide a means to contact the author instead of just the author's name.

Edited by argent77

I found this in the changelog for new Weidu 243

SUPPORT is an alias for AUTHOR.
There is not much documentation of how where why to use it, though.

As the changelog states, it is just an alias. You can use either of the keywords, it doesn't make a difference for WeiDU internally. I guess this keyword had been requested to emphasize that AUTHOR should preferably provide a means to contact the author instead of just the author's name.

This is how I understood it as well. I am not sure this is how it was intended (if I am correct, this was Alien's proposal for mods that have been adopted by new modders where the original author has retired/disappeared etc).

I see a problem by removing the original author and replace it by SUPPORT. I would not want to do such a thing for any mod I currently support. The author's credits go to the original creator regardless of how much effort *Support* may involve.

I see a problem by removing the original author and replace it by SUPPORT. I would not want to do such a thing for any mod I currently support. The author's credits go to the original creator regardless of how much effort *Support* may involve.

It's not about removing since original author name is still inside mod's readme but eventually, you can also just add "//" so line with AUTHOR will be commented and SUPPORT line will ensure that a player which face error during installation, will be directed to a place where he might get any kind of answer instead of sending messages to non-existing emails.

Edited by ALIENQuake

It's not about removing since original author name is still inside mod's readme but eventually, you can also just add "//" so line with AUTHOR will be commented and SUPPORT line will ensure that a player which face error during installation, will be directed to a place where he might get any kind of answer instead of sending messages to non-existing emails.

Thanks.

The // commenting out should do it. Should have seen this myself...

Hello,

a happy new year to everyone!

Now, that I really play the "new" Bonehill Mod I encounter a strange Issue:

If I get a container with contents (Zahrdals Spellbook for example),

and I retrieve the spells, they have a counter of zero !

that means, if I put them in another container, they disappear !

BUT

If I put them back in the SAME container and extract them now, they have a counter of 1 and I can put them in another!

I dont know if that only happens in Bonehill or with scrolls only, but perhaps its a general issue in EE(T) ?

How often do you get containers with contents anyway ?

Does anyone have an idea if its a Bonehill issue or a general one ?

thnx in advance

Lundar

Hello,

a happy new year to everyone!

Now, that I really play the "new" Bonehill Mod I encounter a strange Issue:

If I get a container with contents (Zahrdals Spellbook for example),

and I retrieve the spells, they have a counter of zero !

that means, if I put them in another container, they disappear !

BUT

If I put them back in the SAME container and extract them now, they have a counter of 1 and I can put them in another!

I dont know if that only happens in Bonehill or with scrolls only, but perhaps its a general issue in EE(T) ?

How often do you get containers with contents anyway ?

Does anyone have an idea if its a Bonehill issue or a general one ?

thnx in advance

Lundar

I never use containers, so I never saw this, What I did with the spells in the BH spellbooks is that I gave the book to my mage, let her learn all spells she (Imoen) could and put the remaining scrolls back in. I also put spells from other BH spellbooks into the one book that I kept for Dynaheir later on. When I let Dynaheir join in a later chapter, she took the spellbook and learned all she could. So at least between the containers from the mod itself, I did not see the issue.

PS - I have now successfully tested both parts of the Bone Hill mod in EET. I found no further issues with the converted mod.

Edited by Roxanne

Hi Roxanne,

I finally beat Region of Terror. Put it aside for a long time because it was such a slog. Some bugs I found along the way:

• The Arlax blacksmiths just went bonkers on me in my playthrough. They kept hammering randomly, and would keep starting dialogue with me anywhere on the map. When I looked at the scripts, it seemed the dialogue starting was intentional (?!) and the hammering seemed to be a result of extremely shaky script chaining, trying to simulate Cromwell's scripting but messing up.
  • The final encounter is broken. I think it might have something to do with how the EEs work, but when Drizzt is killed and removed from your party, his actor disappears from that zone entirely, so when Cattie-Brie tries to force-rez him back, there is no DRIZ2 actor and the game crashes. I removed the part where Drizzt is removed from the party and the encounter played through to the end. But the final cutscene also bugged out on me: the MakeUnselectable(999999) wouldn't end and I would just be stuck there, presumably until I waited 999999 seconds.
  • A lot of missing avatars for enemies. Abishai were just invisible for me all game. And the Steel Samurai looked like myconids for some reason.
  • Some shops are completely empty. Maribur's shop is the one I can recall right now.
  • The Marauder of Souls +6 might be bugged. It casts spell on condition instead of just cast spell, and the combat log handled it weirdly, saying that the enemy was casting the spells on me. I think it was still hitting correctly, but I'm not sure.

There are also typos galore and pretty shaky design in a lot of places, but it's a really old mod so to be expected. Most of it was NBD, but there is an area in the end with the shadows in the mysterious cave where there are a bunch of dialogue-less shadows that confounded me because there is ONE shadow who does have dialogue that you have to speak to, and I had no idea. So.

Oh also, at least with SCS, Ruby Golems become impossible to kill. Their physical resistances go up to 99%, their magic resistance can no longer be debuffed, and their fire resistance goes above 100%, meaning they heal themselves everything they hit you with a fireball. If there's a cheese way to handle it, I have no idea what it is.

Thanks for the work Roxanne. I might play the mod again one day, but whoooo boy it's a long slog!

Edited by hippofant

Hi Roxanne,

I finally beat Region of Terror. Put it aside for a long time because it was such a slog. Some bugs I found along the way:

• The Arlax blacksmiths just went bonkers on me in my playthrough. They kept hammering randomly, and would keep starting dialogue with me anywhere on the map. When I looked at the scripts, it seemed the dialogue starting was intentional (?!) and the hammering seemed to be a result of extremely shaky script chaining, trying to simulate Cromwell's scripting but messing up.
  • The final encounter is broken. I think it might have something to do with how the EEs work, but when Drizzt is killed and removed from your party, his actor disappears from that zone entirely, so when Cattie-Brie tries to force-rez him back, there is no DRIZ2 actor and the game crashes. I removed the part where Drizzt is removed from the party and the encounter played through to the end. But the final cutscene also bugged out on me: the MakeUnselectable(999999) wouldn't end and I would just be stuck there, presumably until I waited 999999 seconds.
  • A lot of missing avatars for enemies. Abishai were just invisible for me all game. And the Steel Samurai looked like myconids for some reason.
  • Some shops are completely empty. Maribur's shop is the one I can recall right now.
  • The Marauder of Souls +6 might be bugged. It casts spell on condition instead of just cast spell, and the combat log handled it weirdly, saying that the enemy was casting the spells on me. I think it was still hitting correctly, but I'm not sure.

There are also typos galore and pretty shaky design in a lot of places, but it's a really old mod so to be expected. Most of it was NBD, but there is an area in the end with the shadows in the mysterious cave where there are a bunch of dialogue-less shadows that confounded me because there is ONE shadow who does have dialogue that you have to speak to, and I had no idea. So.

Oh also, at least with SCS, Ruby Golems become impossible to kill. Their physical resistances go up to 99%, their magic resistance can no longer be debuffed, and their fire resistance goes above 100%, meaning they heal themselves everything they hit you with a fireball. If there's a cheese way to handle it, I have no idea what it is.

Thanks for the work Roxanne. I might play the mod again one day, but whoooo boy it's a long slog!

Thanks for the details - they are from regions I never encountered myself (Since I usually take my own Sandrah along, I get the variation where Drizzt is not joined, so I never saw that game-breaker.)

• The shop issue has been solved meanwhile - it was interference from another mod that has repaired it.
  • The SCS golem issue, hm. BWS could exclude those components to install together, otherwise there would be change required in SCS. There is already a little list of SCS issues in EET but I do not know if they consider changes already.
  • I hope Ikki will find the time to look into the other issues, those were mainly his work. I will keep a look for it in my current playthrough as well.
  • It is a very old and complex mod but we can surely still improve it - it will just take a little bit more time than usual bugfixing.
  • The Drizzt final issue may have been caused by how EE handles the chunked dead condition. There have been reports about it for some NPCs, e.g Imoen, who were gone as well in a similar way. If this is the case, it is an issue of the vanilla game, maybe v2.5 solves it.
  • The Marauder +6 (should it even exist?) used the Cast Spell on Condition even in the original. So unless opcode 232 works different under EE...It seems to work fine in my install. There is a mod that deals with combat log entries, do have that installed and maybe it gives irritating text?
  • The abishai's now will look like they do in SoD as well. I have no *steel samurai' in my game but shadow samurai looks indeed like a myconid with aimation *Isair* - just they are very much more deadly. Maybe I can change them to look like shadows instead.

Again, thanks for the feedback. We will see what can be improved.

Edited by Roxanne

Enteri's Dagger, ENTERISD, does not seem to do its poison damage, as a result of the entries in # dice thrown and dice size. I have no idea why, but removing those entries caused the poison damage to be dealt again.

On a related note, do you know how the amount poison per damage effect is supposed to work anyways? When I tried it with Enteri's Dagger, it dealt 2 x 19 poison damage, instead of 2 x 10 as I'd expect. But then I checked other (mod) weapons with poison damage per second and saw the same effect of damage being applied almost twice more often than specified. I'm unsure if modders are just using the code incorrectly or something about EE changed how it worked.

Enteri's Dagger, ENTERISD, does not seem to do its poison damage, as a result of the entries in # dice thrown and dice size. I have no idea why, but removing those entries caused the poison damage to be dealt again.

On a related note, do you know how the amount poison per damage effect is supposed to work anyways? When I tried it with Enteri's Dagger, it dealt 2 x 19 poison damage, instead of 2 x 10 as I'd expect. But then I checked other (mod) weapons with poison damage per second and saw the same effect of damage being applied almost twice more often than specified. I'm unsure if modders are just using the code incorrectly or something about EE changed how it worked.

The item has not been changed from the original design as it was in the mod. Does EE change the way Poison(25) works?

We (group of modders) are currently creating a new RoTerror version that is supposed to work for EE and classic game, so your input will be taken into account and also item descriptions are overhauled.

Can you give us the details of what exactly you changed in the settings?

PS - did you run change-log on Enterisd.itm to see if any mod had affected it?

Edited by Roxanne

SPOILER!

So I've been having the same ROT Final Battle blue circle/freeze also. I initially posted this over at Spellhold Studios, but I think this might be the more appropriate place.

I'm playing BG2EE, with the Sandrah mod. When I enter the battle area with Jaraxle & Entreri, both Entreri & Drizzt leave to the one on one battle area & Drizzt is removed as a party member. At the Drizzt & Entreri area, Sandrah & Pellegram are also present & my main character appears in the upper left of the screen & casts True Sight, even though I don't have that ability. The battle begins, Entreri appears to die, comes back, knocks Drizzt unconscious, Cattie-Brie shows up & shoots him with her bow, killing him. Sometimes his body remains, sometimes it doesn't.

Then dialog starts with Jaraxle, but the screen is still showing the screen where Cattie-Brie is. I click on one of my other party members & that takes me back to Jaraxle & Sandrah is there now too. I defeat Jaraxle, the shard is destroyed & then I'm taken back to the Cattie-Brie screen. My main character is present, along with Cattie-Brie & Entreri. Cattie-Brie kills Entreri & if Drizzt's body is present, it disappears & I get the blue circle & freeze. If Drizzt's body isn't there, then it just goes to a blue circle & freeze.

I sure hope there's a solution for this, I'm so close!