6 hours ago, Endarire said:

May we get a version of this that's EET installer compatible?

(By extension, @temnix, this applies to all your mods.  Thankee as well for making and releasing them!)

You are welcome. :) Why, this was a long time ago. In a galaxy far, far... I guess I can have a look at it again. Are you sure it doesn't work in EET?

There is no reason to think that this doesn't work for EET, if it works for basic EE, which it did back when I shipped it. I don't know what exactly distinguishes EET on the mechanics side, except that some item resource names are different, but probably nothing that would make a difference here. Just install it and play it.

I'm nodding in assent. :D The reason is just that nobody cares. Not very much for mods for these games generally, and much less for innovative ones. I invested several years of my life to very nearly master most aspects of modding for the Infinity Engine, and when it finally came together, then I realized that this kind of involvement could only be worth it if people wanted newness, rushed to see it, if they were eager to share ideas, interpretations - to make something more out of the toolset than tweaking the Bhaalspawn storyline. To me the IE was one of very few fantasy-game making toolsets out there that are relatively easy and have expandable graphics (because it's a 2D engine). This is very important, other toolsets are either next to without graphics, like various adventure generators, or they are 3D and graphics require skeletons, textures... a major undertaking even to create a couple of new items. This is the problem with Skyrim and the like. Here fairly different and original adventures could be made. But it isn't what most people care about, so neither should I.

I did show up on the boards again, though, as you can see. Bad habits die hard.

Edited by temnix

Another and crucial update for this mod. There is someone who has downloaded the other day's version already, and he needs to download this one now. The link in the main post has been refreshed. The other day's revamp was an upgrade of the original mod, made when I was only starting out in this business, and when I looked inside, I found it did some things I would never do today. They can seriously disrupt a game. I brought the mod up to snuff over the last day and a half. There is this new detail, too: characters lying down to sleep will leave the party only if there are companions in the area. This keeps solitaries from disabling the area and themselves when they drop out.

The mod is now definitely only for the Enhanced Edition games.

Edited by temnix

The archive with the last version of this mod was confused and confusing. There was a duplicate of the mod inside. Plus the main character would get both versions of the ability, which should not happen. The archive should be downloaded again. If you have two Rest buttons in the protagonist's bar, use the proper one (short description on right click), and the extra button will go away. This is the last update.

Edited by temnix