NTotSC for EET (and BGT and BG:EE) - Download

Interesting! Is it from the same modder(s)? These mods are from before my time (i.e. already legends when I started being active).

There is some overlap of people who worked on original DSotSC and NTotSC but no connection to CtB.

It is just a tip of the hat from one modder to another from a time where such things were still possible without calling for a lawyer...

The new version 2.1.0 is up.

Link to latest release: Latest NTotSC Release on jastey's GitHub

This release introduces AstroBryGuy's BG:EE worldmap solution and various bugfixes. Unless there are bugs, this will be the final version from my side.

-BG:EE: bp-bgt-worldmap mod is no longer needed to visit the new areas from the worldmap. Thank you to AstroBryGuy for providing this tweak!

-"dead rat" item no longer has a dead cat for description BAM

-Nadalin: after returning to his boat, he will ship the PC to the salamandr island any time (even if quest is finished).

-Olivia now transforms as planned after receiving the potion of freedom (spell wasn't copied into override)

-entrance to AR52PB.are now also accepts a light gem from a not-yet-released BGII mod

-reduction of experience by 5000 points if Gotha's sword is brought into the crypt now plays correctly and is also announced as string.

-General Ghota will no longer drop Sarevok's chaos sword

-General Ghota at the entrance will teleport away during the fight, then the player has to fight the second one inside the dungeon ("NTGGHOT1")

-removed unused script ghotale.baf

-reduced number of cultists in AR61PB.are (temple of Black Hand) for difficulty lower than hard

-AR51PB.are (dungeon in Firewine Bridge) exit to Firewine area now requires whole party, as well

-Once entered Firewine dungeon, the scroll will disappear and the entrance will stay open.

-German version completed (two lines in setup.tra were still in English)

-update to weidu v243

Edited by jastey

Two quick questions (for compatibility)

-General Ghota will no longer drop Sarevok's chaos sword
-General Ghota at the entrance will teleport away during the fight, then the player has to fight the second one inside the dungeon ("NTGGHOT1")

Q: Ghotal will still have his conversation at the entrance before the fight breaks out and then moves deeper into the dungeon for the second fight?

-reduced number of cultists in AR61PB.are (temple of Black Hand) for difficulty lower than hard

Q: This only applies for the unnamed cultists (reinforcements), I suppose?

Yes and yes.

Ghotal was spawned twice in the BGT mod, the first at the entrance had death variable "NTGGHOTA" and the second one is "NTGGHOT1". The way it is solved now the first one never dies but DestroySelf() if HP get too low... Maybe this isn't such a good idea? I was trying to make sense of the doubled General Ghotal in the dungeon.

Yes and yes.

Ghotal was spawned twice in the BGT mod, the first at the entrance had death variable "NTGGHOTA" and the second one is "NTGGHOT1". The way it is solved now the first one never dies but DestroySelf() if HP get too low... Maybe this isn't such a good idea? I was trying to make sense of the doubled General Ghotal in the dungeon.

Thank you for confirmation.

I think the Ghotal solution sounds fine, it must have been intended to be that way originally, the second one makes sense only if the general retreats after the initial battle to regain forces and you follow him deeper into the tomb for the final showdown.

Thanks. In my opinion the fight makes a lot more sense this way, indeed.

For compatibility, just keep in mind that "NTGGHOTA" will not die (unless the group manages to kill him before the HPLT(50) dialogue triggers.) Dead("NTGGHOT1") is the trigger to check whether General Ghotal has died.

Thanks. In my opinion the fight makes a lot more sense this way, indeed.

For compatibility, just keep in mind that "NTGGHOTA" will not die (unless the group manages to kill him before the HPLT(50) dialogue triggers.) Dead("NTGGHOT1") is the trigger to check whether General Ghotal has died.

Thanks!

Good to know.

A single

+OR(2)

Dead("NTGGHOTA")

Dead("NTGGHOT1")

will do it for me

Update to 2.1.1! Changes are minor fixes, nothing game breaking:

-journal entries about symbol of Helm will now be deleted if symbol is taken out of the altar
-journal entry about Pandris' information that the Orcs are trying to get into the temple will be deleted after defeating Ghotal
-Lenore's line after finshing the Montgomery quest is less hostile.
-update readme with information that bp-BGT-worldmap mod is only needed for BGT
(-corrected spelling and added a line to the 2.1.0 changelog)