NTotSC for EET (and BGT and BG:EE) - Download

The mod updates to v2.2.1.

Hopefully, the random CTD in the areas is now fixed! Or, to put it plainly: do not use version 2.2.0.

Changes:

-random CTD in areas hopefully fixed (amients and animations are being copied to the override, spawn points and rest encounters were stripped from suspicious creature files)

@Roxanne @Jastey https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/NTotSCEET-Interim can I use this version 171 for BGT? I don't want to install northern tales of the Sword Coast v2.3.0 recommended by the BWP guide because BP-Balancer won't be able to purge excessive overpowered items from that mod with version v2.3.0. I cannot find anywhere NtotSC171 for BGT.

///edit:

Thank you. :)

Edited by zelazko

The current version does not contain any overpowered items. The BP Balancer is already included in that version.

Roxanne's interim version was for EET only and is not compatible with BGT.

Thank you Jastey for prompt response. DSotSC v3.0 from here https://github.com/K4thos/DSotSC also have overpowered item removal like NTotSC v3.0.0?

I went over tra_changes_v3.html found in DSotSC docs folder and many items have been nerfed which is good but I don't know if the update minimized the amount of magical items to be found.

Edited by zelazko

I don't know, and I can't open the readme (it shows blanc for me). You'd need to ask k4thos. This is what it says in the tp2:

// ITM/SPL/CRE balancing revision by Vlar
// NPC suggestions for NPC balancing by WithinAmnesia
// vanilla items and XP balancing by Manduran

For what it's worth, I've played the rebalanced DSotSC mod and didn't find anything crazy. Originally I think there was a vorpal sword outside of the Vampire's castle, but that's been removed. The items were appropriate for late game BG1. Think Durlag's Tower.

Overall, I think of vanilla BG1 as overly magic starved, especially compared to the sudden rush of power in BG2. Some of these larger mods help smooth out the power curve a little bit by making magic items a little less rare -- though not strikingly overpowered.

Both NTotSC (I've only played Roxanne's interim version .. yet!) and DSotSC are of a similar difficulty and power level as TotSC, maybe a tiny bit more so. I found them to be a very satisfying complement to late game BG1, alongside Stone of Askavar. I'm looking forward to trying out Jastey's more user-friendly take on NTotSC :)

I like to make a bug report, but I'm very unsure if this mod was the cause or not, there is a cave added east of the Temple of Lathander, and there is armor with a incorrect string that was never fixed apparently in the main cave.

I'm very unsure if NTOTSC added this cave.

If this is not the correct mod and it belongs to another, I would appreciate it if it got to the right author. :)

Edited by Kaliesto

Nicely done! I remember this cave being somewhat overlooked in most guides I saw, seems like it was almost forgotten questline of sorts but it seems like it was more a part of Darkside (afaik).

Happy it was sorted out, luckily the bugs were very minor.

Edited by Kaliesto

This is how I structured the "Finghting Encounter" in the tp2, that should be all encounters:

-additional comrades to Lamalha (AR5000 Valley of the Tombs)

-Boy and his "parents" in Beregost House

-Six sisters in Jovial Juggler L1

-Ogre Magii in Peldvale

-Officer Tytus and Black Talon Fighters in Cloakwood & Cloakwood Mine

1 hour ago, jastey said:

There are no reproducible issues I know of.

I concur.  I've played through BGEE+SoD several times now.  There is nothing game-breaking that I know of, just a few rough edges here and there (mostly balance issues, some encounters are *very* tough for BG1).