BG1NPC v23 Bug Thread

@jastey I'm talking about Winski Perorate at the exit of the Thieves' Maze in BG:EE, on the way to the Undercity to fight Sarevok. He talks to Dynaheir, because he's an escaped wizard of her people,  and then he says something  blablabla nabassu, tanar'ri whatever (if you need the exact line, I'll look it up), summons it and orders it to kill us.

The demon's name is Aravaata. 

I have no romance or special quest of NPC Project installed except Ajantis. 

Edit:

Winski Perorate:

"I call on your blood contract, nabassu, tanar'ri. By your true name, get rid of them, "Aravaata"! "

Edited by Arvia
Found the line.

OK. This is what should happen:

Spoiler

Tanari says something, and kills Winski. Then turns hostile.

After that, the variable should be at Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",11)

I am not sure why the initiation of dialogue doesn't work for you.

@jastey thank you anyway, for letting me know how it should have worked. Knowing that my bad outcome is due to a bug at least gives me some peace of mind. But this hasn't happened to others?

I should perhaps mention that I'm playing on Android. But I haven't had any other problems with mod dialogues, so I don't think that's the reason.

I couldn't find anything in the code that would shout at me so I think (and hope for us) it's a glitch on your install. I didn't notice similar reports until now, either, but all in all Dynaheir's quest was something that took a lot of work to make it work in a somewhat seamingless fashion (not mine, but I witnessed the procedure in the workroom) albeit it was more because Drizzt didn't really feel like participating and needed a lot of persuasion to show up at the right places at the appropriate times.

@jastey , it's possible. I don't know much about that kind of thing. Could there be just this glitch in the install if everything else worked fine?

I have read in the beamdog forums that someone else still had the bug of Aravaata spawning neutral, although the v23.3 was said to have fixed it.

@jastey I'm playing EET and my installation of the 2 games are at the latest updates. EE mod setup is up to date and it downloaded the v24.0 of your mod. I don't know if I can manually install with EE mod setup the file. Maybe you could update your mod with the modified file so it gets updated too on EE mod setup. Thank you for your support.

Heyas all o/

I just found out some strange files generated in the override directory comes from BG1NPC project and wanted to see if it was a known issue?

I'm talking about this one (%Undercellars_BCS%.bcs): 

VxoNp5D.png

I've tracked it to the bg1npc.tp2 script, line #970:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%Undercellars_BCS%.bcs~ ~bg1npc/Phase2/baf/P#FW0112.BAF~
      EVALUATE_BUFFER

Could it be possible that that line should have been:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%BaldursGate_Undercellars_BCS%.bcs~ ~bg1npc/Phase2/baf/P#FW0112.BAF~
      EVALUATE_BUFFER

Like the other references to that same area script in the file?

EDIT: Forgot to say, this is BG1NPC v23.3 that I have installed. And that I did some searches around for this issue and didn't find matches, but I certainly remember seeing some discussion somewhere about it 😕

Edited by Leeux
added extra info
Just now, jastey said:

@Leeux Yes, that is what happened. The issue is fixed for v24, though.

Awesome!! Thank you :)

For some reason I didn't knew that there was a v24 version until a moment ago... now I also found that there's a Git repo too, so I just downloaded the last version from there! Gonna restart clean and redo my install again!

Thanks!

On 3/31/2019 at 8:09 PM, amellg said:

Bug report (v23.3):
found a loop in a dialog of Coran starts with this line:
@37   = ~<CHARNAME>, you step out of a bloodbath on the carpet of rose hips, naked and tender. Your foe's blood could be flower petals clinging to your body enviously, or a sensual pattern drawn in henna dye by a frivolous hand, or claret spilled in abandon, enticing a thirsty mouth to drink of it...~ [CORANB]
to
@57   = ~I never saw anyone in whom love and death are so intermingled, and so... seductive. Carnage turns into a thrill in your presence. You have shown me the new meaning of love, which I but guessed at previously. When I loved the strongest, I found myself on the brink of death, almost, in pain from pleasure. Now I know why.~

If I keep choosing the following reply:
@54   = ~You sound insane, Coran, and that gleam in your eyes puts me ill at ease.~

Coran keeps returning line @57 with the same reply options.

Thanks, that's indeed a loop.

@Kirussen I can't reproduce your problem. The line in question is added by BG1NPC iteself, and only once, so my worry that it might be doubled by some other mod is not true.

The problem does not arise if the mod is installed directly "by hand", and also the other mods you listed do not add such a line to BRILLA.DLG.

I have got Xzar and Monty in my team, Xzar has got extract from slime king in sewers. I obtained information from Tamoko that Slythe is in the undercellar but there is no sign of Zizi and when I enter the center of the location Slythe starts the conversation. What is wrong?