Quest character heals if PC rests in an inn?

jastey

I have a quest character with 1 HP (i.e. badly injured) that lies with one of the caravans in BG1 and awaits the PC's healing. If he is spawned before the PC rests in an inn, next time the area is visited the quest NPC has more hitpoints (in my case, reacts as if the PC healed him) [This is for Jarl's Adventure Pack]

As far as I know, there is no script healing him, no regeneration effect or the like.

Is this known behavior of some sort, maybe even wanted?

I have a quest character with 1 HP (i.e. badly injured) that lies with one of the caravans in BG1 and awaits the PC's healing. If he is spawned before the PC rests in an inn, next time the area is visited the quest NPC has more hitpoints (in my case, reacts as if the PC healed him) [This is for Jarl's Adventure Pack]

As far as I know, there is no script healing him, no regeneration effect or the like.

Is this known behavior of some sort, maybe even wanted?

It is not expected behaviour. Proof: Dynaheir at Gnoll Castle is injured when you free her. You can go to the area, you can rest there before you meet her, she will still be injured. Her current vs max HP vary depending on your level when you go there but she does not heal when you rest.

Similar for Branwen (yes, she is stone...).

My own mod has other examples for non-joinable NPCs whom you need to heel before you can talk and get information, I never saw any of them healed with the party.

Other examples are in mods (Keelor in NTotSC, an injured spy in Grey Clan).

Which creature in the mod has the effect? Maybe there is a script, flag or effect on the creature?

Edited by Roxanne

I just checked: it happens for NTotSC Keelor, too. If I visit the AR01PB.are (I talked to him once), then teleport to FAI, rest (I chose "royal" to get the most healing bonus), then return to Keelor and talk to him, he greets me as if I'd heal him and leaves. This is for BGT and BG:EE.

What startles me is that it's only for PC resting in an inn, not in the wilderness. Otherwise, I would have guessed it's intentional so enemies heal over time, too.

I just checked: it happens for NTotSC Keelor, too. If I visit the AR01PB.are (I talked to him once), then teleport to FAI, rest (I chose "royal" to get the most healing bonus), then return to Keelor and talk to him, he greets me as if I'd heal him and leaves. This is for BGT and BG:EE.

What startles me is that it's only for PC resting in an inn, not in the wilderness. Otherwise, I would have guessed it's intentional so enemies heal over time, too.

I remember there was a discussion somewhere in the last couple of months concerning the spell used by resting at an inn and some issues with it...Too bad I cannot remember the context anymore but it may explain why it only happens at inns. If I could only remember a keyword to google it. Maybe looking at the mods you have installed gives you a clue.

Or maybe change-log CLERIC_HEAL which should be SPPR607.

Edited by Roxanne

I remember there was a discussion somewhere in the last couple of months concerning the spell used by resting at an inn and some issues with it...Too bad I cannot remember the context anymore but it may explain why it only happens at inns. If I could only remember a keyword to google it. Maybe looking at the mods you have installed gives you a clue.

Or maybe change-log CLERIC_HEAL which should be SPPR607.

Edit - I may be completely wrong here because you say it is BGT and BG:EE and most likely the issue I refer to was in BG2EE/EET as otherwise I would not recall it.

I meant I tested it for BGT and BG:EE, I don't know about the other games.

Do you mean it's because of changes a mod did to some healing spell? For BGT, I tested with bg1ub and JAp installed, for BG:EE I tested with only NTotSC installed.

This seems to eliminate my assumption that a mod changed the healing spell.

I will test the case of Dynaheir again but with an inn this time, just to verify the BG2EE/EET behaviour. If there is really such a behaviour it will also affect some similar cases from my own mods. They are probably unnoticed since they happen in areas where there is no inn nearby (just like that Keelor case).

I tested this in EET

- Jumped to Gnoll Castle and let the movie run and waited a few additional turns (So Dynaheir is there.)

- Jumped to FAI and rented a royal room, all in party got fully healed

- Jumped back to the Gnolls and rescued Dynaheir. She was injured (-40% hp)

Made another test with my own mod's creature.

- Set globals to make the injured halfling spawn at Gullykin and jumped to there

- Jumped to FAI and rented a royal room, all in party got fully healed

- Jumped back to Gullykin and found my moaning injured halfling waiting there for help

So, in summary, my installation seems to behave like we would expect it.

Possibility - I have still the interim NTotSC (your new version came too late for my current game). This one does not install all those spells and tweaks from the old mod but just the quests and contents.

Or - is the NPC in your case an enemy?

Edited by Roxanne