IWDification Returns with a Shiny New Beta

CamDawg

There's no 321 to remove the strength drain. If someone wants to re-cast Blood Rage while their strength is drained from the previous casting they can have at it. It's the same way that winding from Enrage works--you can re-enter Enrage while winded, but you'll still have the penalties.

Edited by CamDawg
3 hours ago, Galactygon said:

Actually, a robust way would be to keep opcode 321 so the spell can be refreshed but separate the delayed fatigue effects into another child spell that is instantly cast. The fatigue effects would still be applied on a delay inside that spell even if the parent spell was refreshed.

This behavior would be consistent with haste which can be recast without dispelling previously cast haste spells.

The problem is that we have a direct conflict between the bonuses and penalties. If I re-cast Blood Rage after a turn, after the second turn expires then the penalties from the first BR go into effect--and now we have a character with strength +2 but also strength set to 3. At which point we get to play the effect order dance to make sure we get to 5 (and ignore the rules lawyers who would argue for 3). I'm fine with a blunt 206 hammer here.

32 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

It's the same way that winding from Enrage works--you can re-enter Enrage while winded, but you'll still have the penalties.

And the same occurs with Haste, i.e., you can benefit from it even if the "fatigue" period has not expired yet...

OK then, so be it (120).