Breagar NPC mod for BG1 and BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

@megamike15 yes, the readme doesn't give much info that's something that should be added for future versions.

@Chitown Willie already pointed out the location inside Candlekeep.

Spoiler

If you do his small quest there, he will be later in Thunderhammer Smithy with Taerom.

In SoD he will come to the PC on the third floor of the Ducal Palace after Imoen woke the PC up.

In BGII he will be in the locked room in Irenicus' Dungeon with the golem.

I'm not sure he'll be in SoD if you start a completely new game.

so i found an issue with this mod. so when it updates weidu it causes faren to no longer install. 

it gives this error ERROR: No translation provided for @132
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [FAREN/SETUP-FAREN.TP2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_found

this is only an issue with the bg 2 version of the mod and with faren specifically. does not seem to cause the same problems in bg1/sod. 

6 hours ago, megamike15 said:

so i found an issue with this mod. so when it updates weidu it causes faren to no longer install. 

it gives this error ERROR: No translation provided for @132
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [FAREN/SETUP-FAREN.TP2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_found

this is only an issue with the bg 2 version of the mod and with faren specifically. does not seem to cause the same problems in bg1/sod. 

@megamike15 this is a problem of Faren mod and not related to Breagar. Breagar was just the first mod in your folder shipping with weidu v247 (I'll blame the Auto Mod Packager for that..). The Faren mod reads in the version number from a separate tra-file which is not a good idea per se. In this case it means you have to protect the setup-faren.exe from updating itself to v247, i.e. remove all other setup.exes from teh game folder before copying and running the one from Faren.

26 minutes ago, jastey said:

@megamike15 this is a problem of Faren mod and not related to Breagar. Breagar was just the first mod in your folder shipping with weidu v247 (I'll blame the Auto Mod Packager for that..). The Faren mod reads in the version number from a separate tra-file which is not a good idea per se. In this case it means you have to protect the setup-faren.exe from updating itself to v247, i.e. remove all other setup.exes from teh game folder before copying and running the one from Faren.

alright. it looks like faren is the only mod that has been effected. i did not have this issue before this weidu update. guess it was only a matter of time as it has not been updated since 2015. 

Hi Jastey,

Thanks for your great work on this mod and on others.

Speaking of which after installing it I found 3 bugs :

• The ambient sounds of "ACCEM1.ARE"are not installed - this is link to a typos in the tp2 file (ACBre/area/ambient -> should be ACBre/areas/ambient)
  • ACBre07.cre has an unknown innate spell : ?????????.spl
  • In ARAC06.ARE there are spawn references : 52YETTUR.cre, 52YETTGR.cre and 51UMBR.cre. Those creatures don't exist in my classic BG2 game.

I decided to give Breagar ToB a try while I'm testing the Wheels of Prophecy update.  So far I rather like him and he has potential to become one of my staple NPC mods, but I did notice a few issues:

- The quest journal entries do not use the EE quest journal system and end up in the general journal.  Forgot ADD_JOURNAL?
- After completing the first ToB quest for Breagar, I received two copies of the upgraded axe.

If I find more I'll let you know.

@Angel thanks for the kind words! We call Breagar "our favorite dwarven NPC" (Lieblingszwerg) at Kerzenburgforum. :) 

I'll have a look at the journal entries, and the doubled axe is a known bug of which I learned recently how to fix it (thanks to @Taimon), so this will be fixed in the next version. Thank you for reporting!

Alright, not sure if it is the combination with SCS or anything, but all the drow "priestesses" that appear in the Tower of Anstinus use arcane spells.  This goes against canon, females are never wizards in drow society.

An interjection of Breager with Saemon Havarian in the smuggler's cave in Amkethran does not work.

I looked into this as I suspected my meddling with Wheels might be the cause, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  This one is due to a reference to a wrong dialog file.  Decompiling amsaemon.dlg shows this:

IF ~Global("ACAMSAEMON8","GLOBAL",0)
    InParty("ACBRE")
    InMyArea("ACBRE")
    !StateCheck("ACBRE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~
  THEN
    DO ~SetGlobal("ACAMSAEMON8","GLOBAL",1)~
    EXTERN ~ACBREB~ 259
END

However, Breager's banter dialog file in Throne of Bhaal appears to be ACBRE25B, not ACBREB.  From the same dialog file another interjection that does work shows this:

IF ~Global("ACAMSAEMON3","GLOBAL",0)
    InParty("ACBRE")
    See("ACBRE")
    !StateCheck("ACBRE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~
  THEN
    DO ~SetGlobal("ACAMSAEMON3","GLOBAL",1)~
    EXTERN ~ACBRE25B~ 4
END