Breagar NPC mod for BG1 and BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

Guest Eimerian

Hey Jastey,

Can you please tell me what are the requirements for Breagar to show up in SoD and SoA in an EET installation?

For BG1 to SoD:

Spoiler

I guess you have to take him to the Cloakwood mines to trigger his quest line, and help him get the axe and the arm?

Does he have to be present when fighting Sarevok? Does he have to be present at  the end of Korlasz Family Tomb just before the time skip?

For SoD to SoA:

Does he need to be in your party until the end?

Spoiler

Does he need to be in the cut scene when CHARNAME is captured by the Shadow Thieves, in order for him to show up in Irenicus' Dungeon?

9 hours ago, Guest Eimerian said:

Does he have to be present when fighting Sarevok?

Yes, Breagar need to be in the party when entering the Undercity Temple. He can be left standing in SoD. The most crucial variable for his appearance in SoD is Global("ACBREPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1) and Global("ACBREBROKE","GLOBAL",0).

For turning up in Irenicus' Dungeon, the variables should be:
    Global("ACBrePlotLost","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("ACBreBroke","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("ACBREPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("ACBREEXISTS","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalGT("ACBREINPARTY","GLOBAL",1) // "GT" meaning "greater than"

Breagar updates to v11.2.0, with improved compatibility with EndlessBG1 and Transitions mods.

Changelog:

-Improved crossmod and compatibility with EndlessBG1.
-Improved compatibility with Transitions.
-Improved scripting: BG1 banter should not trigger in SoD.

Guest Charriu

Just took the mod for a quick test run and really liked what I saw. Way better then most other NPC mods. So far the only downside I see is the silence. To that regard are there plans for the following?

1. Add english voice overs for the full mod?

2. If #1 is too much work is there an easy option to give him the minimum soundset (like the soundsets you choose on creation)?

I see that there are german sound files, so it looks like somebody may only need to do english ones and integrate them, correct?

The mod updates to v11.3.0:
-Breagar should not be moved back into AR0602 at the beginning of BGII.

Charriu: there are no plans to add English soundset at the moment. Soundsets require voice artists who are usually rare. Also, any soundset would need approval by Ascalon before it's integrated into the mod.

Guest Charriu

Thanks for the quick answer.

I see that there is a folder named sounds which contains audio files. Am I right to assume that these are all the audio files?

How many words ca. would need to be voiced. Don't need the exact number. And am I right that there are 4 voice artist required?

What would be the best way to contact Ascalon with that? Via Kerzenburg?

I can make the contact to Ascalon, he's active at Kerzenburgforum now and then. He's no longer actively modding, though, so I'd have a look at the suggestions first.

With regard to the other questions, I do not have the time to list the details currently. I think it's three: Breagar, the Silver Dwarven Lady, and Breagar's fiancé. If you search the mod folder for the sound file name (without the file ending), you'll see for which spoken lines they are used. (I'm using grepWin for that.)

Hello, I just tried Breagar on a new install.

I play with Dragonspear UI and his large portrait was blurry in the main screen during dialog.

I looked with EEKeeper and found out that the game uses ACBreM for the large portrait, and ACBreS for the small one, whereas for my other NPC it uses the L file for the large portrait and M file for the small one.

So far I like him, he feels so alive !

Thank you for maintaining it, and thanks to Ascalon for creating it.

hi, I really like Breagar interjections, he blends well with original content.

I have a question about something :

after the accident, Breagar can no longer use his second hand. It is done is by putting an invisible item on the second hand slot. But since there is something in this slot, single weapon proficiency bonus don't apply. Is it intended this way or it is an engine limitation ?

5 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

But since there is something in this slot, single weapon proficiency bonus don't apply. Is it intended this way or it is an engine limitation ?

Ouf. Bonuses not being applied is most definitely not intended. The item is for blocking the arm slot only. I wouldn't know how to fix this is a smart way.

3 hours ago, jastey said:

Ouf. Bonuses not being applied is most definitely not intended. The item is for blocking the arm slot only. I wouldn't know how to fix this is a smart way.

Yes it is a tough one. By the way, currently he can also use two hands weapons.

You could make unusable for his kit all two hands weapons and shields, but it will not prevent dual wielding (although dual wielding without any point in it will not be a smart move).

For preventing dual wielding, you could maybe add an important penalty to ThAC0 from main hand if there is a weapon in the secondary hand ?

For my savegame I used EEkeeper to remove the item, I will just let the secondary hand slot empty.

Edited by Trouveur80
6 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

For preventing dual wielding, you could maybe add an important penalty to ThAC0 from main hand if there is a weapon in the secondary hand ?

It doesn't make sense storywise if a weapon can be equipped if he's suposed to

Spoiler

not have an arm at all.

I think it's also different engine behavior - at least the possibility to equip two-handed weapons is something that can't be prevented on the EEs.

I'd rather think about giving him some bonus to account for single-weapon pips.

Or - the missing bonusses could be seen as due to his condition. Maybe he needs to readjust his sense of balance or something. ;)