Breagar NPC mod for BG1 and BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

2 hours ago, jastey said:

Or - the missing bonusses could be seen as due to his condition. Maybe he needs to readjust his sense of balance or something. ;)

That could also be fitting yes. Even without theses bonus, Breagar is a good character to bring along.

In this case, it could be nice to add as a disadvantage to his kit not being able to put any point at all in fighting styles proficiencies ? After all he is a smith, not a true warrior. 😉

12 hours ago, jastey said:

It's a good idea, but I will not touch his kit - for several reasons, my lacking knowledge about kit creation being one.

I will add a note in the readme though. I fear that's all I can do for now. Thank you for reporting!

You're welcome. 🙂

So for my savegame I will put again the item, and reallocate the two points I initially put in single weapon style.

I read that you added some crossmod contents for BST, looking forward to it too.

Are crossmod banters with some NPC like The Artisan's Aura and Drake, Glam's NPC or Skitia's NPC conceivable  by the way ?

@Trouveur80 I just remembered that removing the item might screw up the further development of his quest , because it will be replaced by something useful as the quest goes along (so technically speaking, if the item is no longer there, the other item will not be created). He will be able to wield the arm again later.

I'm always open to crossmod banters, if any fellow modder feels like creating crossmod feel free to contact me. It's not highest priority for me because there is a gazillion mods out there and I am still not done with writing my own content.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:13 PM, jastey said:

@Trouveur80 I just remembered that removing the item might screw up the further development of his quest , because it will be replaced by something useful as the quest goes along (so technically speaking, if the item is no longer there, the other item will not be created). He will be able to wield the arm again later.

I'm always open to crossmod banters, if any fellow modder feels like creating crossmod feel free to contact me. It's not highest priority for me because there is a gazillion mods out there and I am still not done with writing my own content.

Thank you, I put back the item, I will see what will happen then 🙂.

Breagar updates to v11.4.0!

Changelog:

-Detection of "is BGII" should be false in SoD for a continuous BG:SoD game, too.
    -Breagar's Portrait for EE should not be pixelated for some means of ingame display (uses the L portrait everywhere).
    -Added a note to the readme that Breagar's pips in one handed (single) weapon style will not be applied while he has an injured arm.

On 3/3/2022 at 5:37 PM, jastey said:

Breagar updates to v11.4.0!

Changelog:

-Detection of "is BGII" should be false in SoD for a continuous BG:SoD game, too.

Hi I have Breagar V11.3 installed, I just finished BG1 and went to SoD in a continuous game and just after Breagar joined me in the palace, he now have an interjection loop.

Is it the problem fixed in 11.4 ? I can't reinstall now, can I fix this by editing some variable please ?

@Trouveur80 This is a stutter that should be fixed in 11.4, yes. My advice to the first player who encountered this was to set

C:SetGlobal("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1)

This is a game variable, it is set to "2" for a continuous SoD game (coming from BG:EE) but it's never checked in the game anywhere else. You should be safe to set it to "1". That's the only quick fix I can offer unless you want to edit Breagar's script files. Here is the link to the post in the German Kerzenburgforum with more background explanations in case you are curious.

3 hours ago, jastey said:

@Trouveur80 This is a stutter that should be fixed in 11.4, yes. My advice to the first player who encountered this was to set

C:SetGlobal("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1)

This is a game variable, it is set to "2" for a continuous SoD game (coming from BG:EE) but it's never checked in the game anywhere else. You should be safe to set it to "1". That's the only quick fix I can offer unless you want to edit Breagar's script files. Here is the link to the post in the German Kerzenburgforum with more background explanations in case you are curious.

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly.

Now on my way to try Road to Discovery again.

Breagar updates to v12 with a Russian version and minor fixes!

Changelog:

-added Russian version by AlexKaran & Arcanecoast team
-Worldmap entry for EE should be in correct format
-improved script additions for SoD (all blocks added via EXTEND_TOP should end with a Continue())
-fixed reference errors in scripts
-typo correction