Breagar NPC mod for BG1 and BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

23 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Angel, are you an English native? I'm wondering how good Breagar's translation currently is.

No, I'm not.  I speak English fairly well but it's not my native language, that would be Dutch.

That said, so far I haven't come across any glaring errors.  I wish he was voiced though. ^^

10 minutes ago, jastey said:

There is a German soundset. Do you mean English soundset, or really voiced like ever y first line of dialogue?

Any voice at all would be an improvement.  He's completely silent in English.  But yeah, I mainly meant voiced dialog.

I'm not sure if it's been noted already, but with ACBRE mod installed, the Taerom dialog is broken in that it won't offer to buy ankheg shells, or make ankheg armor.

I confirmed it's ACBRE with a minimal test case outlined here: https://github.com/Gitjas/Ascalons_Breagar/issues/4

in which I don't have any other mods installed that have touched Taerom's dialog other than ACBRE, and that a simple steps can illustrate the problem.

Even installing mods later on in the order that edit Taerom dialog doesn't fix this (including cdtweaks or tnt tweaks updates that offer to let him purchase additional shells).

@ahungry What exactly do you mean with "was not offered". Just to make sure: would you check what the chapter number is in your save?

As I pointed out in the GitHub Issue thread, it all works for teh mod alone. Thi is either a weird compatibility bug, or a glitch in your game. Installing and Deinstalling mods can lead to glitches, and as i pointed out above your weidu.log looks dubious to say the least. If you can reporduce this with a fresh EET install, I'd be interested in your findings. Until then, I'll put this under local glitch, especially since Breagar was taken along extensively by others already, also in EET.

@jasteyits not an uninstall + reinstall, but rather a full wipe.

It's only in "reverse order" as I put SCS at the top for my last 2 playthroughs (it has no impact on Taerom from what I can see, including checking with weidu --change-log).

I'm on GNU/Linux with EE 2.6 - I have a handful of mods on the pre-EET side (again, weidu reports no change to Taerom there).

This issue first happened naturally in game as I progressed through and kept coming back at each chapter to check on Taerom, so I figured I would wipe the install and manually go and re-check with Taerom at each step in the install process.  I used to have ACBRE quite close to the top, and was able to identify the issue with him.

If this isn't happening for you/others, I'll assume it's something odd with my setup (as noted in ticket, the problem only happens after I cycle through Breagar's initial greeting in FAI - if I teleport immediately to Taerom, it doesn't) - I may see if I can debug the dialog file/read through it for whats causing the failure.

I've tried testing both with and without inviting Breagar to the party as well.

Sidenote: SCS at top of mod order takes about 45m to install - at end of mod order, it's over 5 hours for me on a large install.  I understand to have the most enemies upgraded by SCS, it should be end of order per the mod author's recommendation, but with frequent reinstalls, for me, that 5 hours is exceeding the entire install duration of 200 other mods 😄 - and I don't even notice a lack of any upgraded AI (compared to the few times I've played with it at end of order).

And, regarding install order: I misread the BG1NPCSOA mod for BG1NPC. Still, bg1re should be after EndlessBG1 for compatibility reasons regarding the Scar's Return quest. ARP and BG2Fixpack should go sooner. Imoen4Ever should go sooner. Your install order might work but it's possible there are hickups along the way that arise from the order.

Sorry, yea - Candlekeep inn - I'm clearing up some disk space to try it with nothing but bg1:ee + sod, EET, and then ACBRE - if it can be reproduced, I'll make a video or something 😆

Thanks for the heads up on the other mod order guidelines, I'll make a note to adjust those in the future.