Solaufein's Rescue - jastey's Solaufein NPC mod for BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

29 minutes ago, jastey said:

For me Weimer's Solaufein was the first mod NPC I installed at all. My Solaufein concept is different than Weimer's, so you'll have to see whether you'll agree to it. Thanks for your interest!

And I look forward to finding out!  Right now I am having a beast of a time getting my EET installation with all the mods I want to use all copasetic, but I am getting there.  Once that's done and I finally make it to BG2 I will be able to play with the mod!  :D

16 hours ago, jastey said:

For me Weimer's Solaufein was the first mod NPC I installed at all. 

Haha, something like that 🤣 Thanks for yet another mod for me to install, jastey, it's not like I haven't already been running about three different playthroughts anyway 🤣

All jokes aside, I've found out about this mod when I had been googling a bit about how to install mods to the GOG version of EE, and the only thing that stopped me from installing had been the lack of complete English version, since I do not believe my knowledge of German all that much 😩 Can't wait to play this; I've read through the files, but nothing is quite as good as playing through the mod itself.

21 hours ago, jastey said:

For me Weimer's Solaufein was the first mod NPC I installed at all.

Actually, it was for me as well.  In fact, Baldur's Gate II modding is my first experience with game modding at all.  It introduced me to the very concept. I think I first started playing these games back in 2004.  Dang I feel old.  LOL

Edited by DarkZephyr

@Neferit Thanks for the interest!

3 hours ago, DarkZephyr said:

In fact, Baldur's Gate II modding is my first experience with game modding at all.  It introduced me to the very concept. I think I first started playing these games back in 2004.  Dang I feel old.

Same here. 😂 Although I think I started to play in 2003. I came late to the party!

On 7/18/2020 at 8:00 AM, jastey said:

For me Weimer's Solaufein was the first mod NPC I installed at all. My Solaufein concept is different than Weimer's, so you'll have to see whether you'll agree to it. Thanks for your interest!

Yes, it was first npc I installed and first npc I uninstalled after 3 hours masochhism with the servants of the unholy Eclipse (oh, the memories holy friggin hell!!) and then almost immediatly reinstalled because I just herd that Teleport field is the BEST SPELLL!!!! true story actually

but I have a question: How does it work? http://www.shsforums.net/topic/60747-solaufein-flirt-pack-for-the-solaufein-romance-updated-to-v12/ original is included? or I must somewhat create myself original mod compatibility with ee?? o_O

Thanks!

I'm encountering more and more disadvantages of my 7th party member design, though:

-For levelling up, he has to join the party (that one was clear by design tho)

-Items in the 7th pm backpack will not be recognized for quests - that's a real bummer

-there is hickups with banters if not started by the 7th pm that just end abruptly - these reports were from other NPC mods but it might also apply to Solaufein

All these issues are restrictions due to the hack I use for 7th pm mode.

I'd say the "7th party member mode" works as long as players keep in mind that it's basically a scripted hack that wasn't intended by the original devs.

I've run into an install error with version 2.0 Beta and FinnJO's subrace mod. I installed the subrace mod prior to attempting to install the Solaufein mod. I poked around in setup-c#solaufein.debug, and it seems there is a missing script:

FinnJO's Subrace mod or Welverin's Subrace mod detected. Installing crossmod content...
Extending game scripts ...
[C#Solaufein\Translations\autotra/english\c#solatra.tra] has 1996 translation strings
ERROR: error loading [C#Solaufein\Scripts\AR2100_subraceBGII.baf]
Stopping installation because of error.

I've attached the full debug file. Thanks for your efforts, this looks like a great mod.

SETUP-C#SOLAUFEIN.DEBUG