Solaufein's Rescue - jastey's Solaufein NPC mod for BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

@eyre thanks for the report. Version 2.1 should fix this. Thanks for the kind words, I hope you enjoy the mod!

Solaufein's Rescue updates to v2.1 (still with Beta tag).

Changelog:

- tipun's subrace mod for EE considered for check whether PC is drow.
- fixed install error if subrace mod(s) were detected.
- Solaufein should not start a banter directly after changing into 7th party member mode.
- ToB encounter now considers items in Solaufein's inventory if he is in 7th party member mode.
- scripts of 7th party member mode should not make Solaufein stop his attacks.
- added notes to restrictions of the "7th party member mode" to the readme.
- added Dynamic Install Order Category to .ini
- corrected "fatigue" spell for detection of party rested.
- added check so mod cannot be installed after EET_End.
- added folder libiconv-1.9.2-1-src.7z with iconv licence info

Thank you for the update. The crossmod content with FinnJO's subrace now installs without issues on my BGT game. I also have Eilistraee's Song installed, and noticed a warning when crossmod content for it was being processed. Is this anything to be concerned about?

WARNING: could not find \(!Exists("C#Solaufein")[

]*!InParty("C#Solaufein")\) in AR2401.BCS

Here's the full context of the Eilistraee's Song portion from the debug file:

Spoiler

Eilistraee's Song mod detected. Installing crossmod content...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/AR2401.BCS] loaded, 2245 bytes

WARNING: could not find \(!Exists("C#Solaufein")[

]*!InParty("C#Solaufein")\) in AR2401.BCS
[C#Solaufein\Translations\autotra/english\c#solatra.tra] has 1996 translation strings
[./override/c#solau.dlg] loaded, 12213 bytes
[C#Solaufein\Translations\autotra/english\c#solatra.tra] has 1996 translation strings
[./override/c#solau.dlg] loaded, 12213 bytes
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
[C#Solaufein\Translations\autotra/english/eilistraeessong_compatibility.TRA] has 24 translation strings
[C#Solaufein/crossmod/eilistraeessong_compatibility.d] loaded, 5021 bytes
[./override/STATE.IDS] loaded, 2079 bytes
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[./override/C#SOLAU.DLG] loaded, 12213 bytes
[C#SOLAU.DLG] loaded
[./override/ESXBIO.DLG] loaded, 2825 bytes
[ESXBIO.DLG] loaded
[./override/ESXMH.DLG] loaded, 3745 bytes
[ESXMH.DLG] loaded
[./override/C#SOLAUJ.DLG] loaded, 127425 bytes
[C#SOLAUJ.DLG] loaded
[./override/ESXYOEA.DLG] loaded, 5838 bytes
[ESXYOEA.DLG] loaded
[C#SOLAUJ.DLG] saved    767 states, 1590 trans, 46 strig, 412 ttrig, 286 actions
[C#SOLAU.DLG] saved    78 states, 156 trans, 6 strig, 49 ttrig, 17 actions
[ESXMH.DLG] saved    38 states, 65 trans, 6 strig, 10 ttrig, 9 actions
override/ESXMH.dlg copied to C#Solaufein\backup/0/ESXMH.dlg, 3745 bytes
[ESXYOEA.DLG] saved    84 states, 178 trans, 8 strig, 30 ttrig, 43 actions
override/ESXYOEA.dlg copied to C#Solaufein\backup/0/ESXYOEA.dlg, 5838 bytes
[ESXBIO.DLG] saved    45 states, 62 trans, 2 strig, 1 ttrig, 0 actions
override/ESXBIO.dlg copied to C#Solaufein\backup/0/ESXBIO.dlg, 2825 bytes
Extending game scripts ...
[C#Solaufein\crossmod\Eilistraeessong_c#solau.baf] loaded, 759 bytes
[./override/EA.IDS] loaded, 238 bytes
[./override/C#SOLAU.BCS] loaded, 101506 bytes
Extended script [C#SOLAU.bcs] with [C#Solaufein\crossmod\Eilistraeessong_c#solau.baf]
Extending game scripts ...
[C#Solaufein\crossmod\eilistraeessong_ar2401.baf] loaded, 517 bytes
[./override/AR2401.BCS] loaded, 2245 bytes
Extended script [AR2401.bcs] with [C#Solaufein\crossmod\eilistraeessong_ar2401.baf]

Full debug file is attached in case it is of use.

SETUP-C#SOLAUFEIN.DEBUG

@eyre Thanks, I'll investigate. Crossmod worked fine when I added it, maybe I overlooked something.

You can play both mods with the error message above if you set the variable Global("EilistraeeBeginning","GLOBAL",1) via cheats before leaving the Underdark. This will trigger the Eilistraee's Song mod crossmod content. Without this variable, the failed patch might lead to the Eilistraee's mod content not showing at all if my Solaufein is in your party or waits outside.

I'm using Eilistraee's Song version 6.8.

I would have preferred to install Solaufein earlier. I followed the BiG World Project v19 install order for the most part, with Solaufein being the glaring exception. FinnJO is recommended to be installed quite late in the process, but I wanted to capture the crossmod content, so I decided to try installing Solaufein afterward. I can experiment by installing FinnJO just before the point where BWPv19 recommends installing Solaufein to see if that prevents the warning from appearing.

Thanks for taking time to look into this, it is much appreciated.

I'm reinstalling BGT now, and it would seem that moving the Solaufein mod earlier in the order allows it to complete without the warning I was seeing when installing it late. I installed Eilistraee's Song, then FinnJO's subrace, then Solaufein. Hopefully moving the subrace mod to this relatively early point in the install process won't be an issue. Thanks again.

@eyre interesting. Unfortunately I can't say much to that. I hope you'll enjoy your playthrough!

-All the crossmod with the subrace mods does is setting a variable so Solaufein recognizes that he's talking to a drow if the PC is one. If you want to play safe you could also install the subrace mod later and set the variable for Solaufein by hand - not an ideal solution but I have no idea what happened to the script from Eilistraee's Song so that Solaufein can't patch it any more if installed so late as it's not a script block where I'd expect tweaks to interfere, but it obviously happened.

You don't have the install any more and could copy the ar2401.bcs here, do you?

EDIT: I could split the subrace crossmod into a separate component that could be installed later, so you could at least install the subrace mod when it's supposed to according to BWP v19. Would this make sense for you or are you done installing?

Splitting the subrace content into another component sounds ideal, it would be awesome if you could do that. I'm only halfway through my install, so not a big deal for me to start over.

I backed up the previous install attempt where I was getting the warning, and I'm pretty sure I haven't deleted it yet 😀. If it is still around I'll upload the ar2401.bcs in case you are still interested in investigating.

@eyre Thank you! I had a look at the old bcs and the changelog - I see that aTweaks changes the script, but I don't see why Solaufein's patching routine would fail. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, what I can offer is what I said: I split the crossmod for subrace mod into an own component, so at least you will be able to install the subrace mod late. You'll still have to violate BWP v19 suggested order by installing Solaufein earlier.

The mod updates to v2.2: The detection of subrace mods was moved from the main component into the (existing) 5th component. The 5th component is now "Detection of Drow PC" (formerly it was additional detection). Install this component if you want Solaufein to recognize your PC as a drow:

-If you have subrace mods installed, install this component after the subrace mod. Detection of a drow PC (via the subraces) will happen automatically and Solaufein will address the PC as drow.

-If you do not install subrace mods, this component will add a reply option to Adalon's dialogue with which an elf PC can tell that they are drow.

Changelog v2.2:

- fixed detection for tipun's subrace mod.
- moved crossmod for subrace mods into 5th component and deactivated drow reply option if subrace mods are detected.
- Updated readme with description of changed 5th component.

The mod updates to v3! The new version comes with a Russian version by @scheele & Arcanecoast Team. Thank you for the translation!

Changelog:

- Russian version added, by Scheele & Arcanecoast Team.
- Added Solaufein's weapon pips and a note that he comes ill equipped with weapons into the readme.
- Added more notes about playing in 7th party member note to the readme.
- Added globally unique LABELs to support Project Infinity.
- Changed Solaufein's automated level-up scripts: He will only level up to the PC's level if: he joins the first time for SoA/ToB OR he joins after being a 7th party member. No more automatic level-up although he is in party or was separated for a while.
- Container added to Underdark has prefixed name.
- Corrected doubled tra numbers in GAME.tra.
- Typo corrections.

@marcnivar

Spoiler

After you leave Usth Natha for good - after the demon summoning went haywire, you will witness Solaufein being taken to the Drider chambers. He will then tell you where to look for a ward stone.

If you are already that far: the ward stone is in a crevice near the bridge in the main Underdark area. It's not there before that event.

If you are that far and there is no ward stone, then we have a problem.